Potential Deadly Situation

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2015, 03:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
The other day I was driving on 484 westbound & I saw a tree limb fall on the road way. If a person or a vehicle was under it they would have been gonzo. It was one of those old oak trees with lots of moss hanging.

How does this affect the Villages. Look at the similar tree branches in the Villages.
Are any of these branches on the verge of falling? Do you think your golf cart or you would survive?

The county should start trimming the moss & inspecting for hazards--its more important than replacing pine straw.
My previous post #10 asked if you had brought this to the attention of FDOT, Sumter County or TV. Did you or is this the standard make a big proclamation and then do nothing about it?
Old 09-29-2015, 04:02 PM

WOW...In addition to having Cancer to worry about, many other diseases, lightning, hurricanes, bad food, murder, home break-ins, car accidents etc. , Now I have to worry about trees falling on me ...Whats next!
Old 09-29-2015, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynsol View Post
WOW...In addition to having Cancer to worry about, many other diseases, lightning, hurricanes, bad food, murder, home break-ins, car accidents etc. , Now I have to worry about trees falling on me ...Whats next!
The sky.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:38 PM
Veteran member

If you paint them white that way you will see them better when they fall and get out of the way.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Few years back a tree fell on two golf carts on the golf course in TV. There was a storm coming in when it happened
Old 09-29-2015, 09:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
It's probably best to have an expert engineer conduct a study to document if, in fact, the accident/incident rate justifies the expenditure of funds toward this effort. Based on reported incidents, we may find that there is no safety issue whatsoever. It may boil down to those who can't survive a tree limb falling on them should just stay at home.
Please don't forget bicycles, walkers and rollerbladers use the MMPs as well. Any study of the overhanging trees on the paths must include this group as well.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:29 PM
Veteran member

Maybe we should divert the cart path striping expense to pay for the study on tree limb accidents OR stripe the tree limbs so if they fall we can see them?
Old 09-29-2015, 09:45 PM
Sage

Such a happy and positive topic. What a surprise.
Closed Thread

Tags
branches, villages, moss, falling, verge, similar, cart, important, hazards--its, replacing, straw, pine, inspecting, survive, affect, golf, county, trimming, start, lots, fall, limb, tree, road, person

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.