Want 2 Door Frig

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2022, 03:32 PM
Veteran member
Default Want 2 Door Frig

I closed on new construction house last summer. I’m a part timer here, have spent maybe 7 weeks in TV. In the few weeks that I’ve actually lived here, I learned that I do not like my 3 door frig. GE stainless steel with freezer drawer at the bottom. I want a side by side. I don’t know what TV charged me for my frig but I’m sure it was retail.

Do you know of a company that buys “used” refrigerators? Including refrigerators that are very close to new. Maybe there is a store where they will give me a respectable credit towards a side-by-side? Thanks.
Old 08-04-2022, 03:51 PM

Would like to talk about a trade. We just took possession 7/5. 330-819-7244.
Old 08-04-2022, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
I closed on new construction house last summer. I’m a part timer here, have spent maybe 7 weeks in TV. In the few weeks that I’ve actually lived here, I learned that I do not like my 3 door frig. GE stainless steel with freezer drawer at the bottom. I want a side by side. I don’t know what TV charged me for my frig but I’m sure it was retail.

Do you know of a company that buys “used” refrigerators? Including refrigerators that are very close to new. Maybe there is a store where they will give me a respectable credit towards a side-by-side? Thanks.
There are many options of refrigerators each with their own pluses and minuses.
A bottom freezer type will likely use less current as hot air rises and cold air falls. A side by side every time you open the huge door the cold spills out. Truth cold is an absence of heat so the heat pours in.

Whatever you end up doing be sure to measure the space available. You do not want to buy a refrigerator that does not fit in the space you have and you need to cut cabinets etc.

As far as respectable credit on exchange. I would find the brochure that tells what you have and decide what you would want and call dealers. Many people decide to put a refrigerator in the garage I expect they discover they do not have much used value.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

As we get older who wants to have to bend down to get stuff out of the freezer.

Side by side much more age friendly
Old 08-04-2022, 11:05 PM
Platinum member

I have many friends who have had many problems with french door
fridges, especially leaking. Hate the bottom freezer.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:44 AM

FWIW - We had a Side by Side for years and hated it. Especially the freezer. No place to put a frozen pizza unless you suitcase it.

My only complaint about the Dutch Door fridge with the freezer below is the ice cubes thaw in the tray because you leave the door open to load the fridge or to look for things.

Everything has its pluses and minuses as stated earlier. The Dutch Door fridges give you more manageable space.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:44 AM

What ever you get, do not get a Samsung
Old 08-06-2022, 05:12 AM

I had a salesman recommend a bottom freezer, but with a single door for the refrigerated section. I had never considered that style, but we loved it. It was massive inside and you could put anything in it, width wise. We've since moved and now have a French Door top with a bottom freezer. It's okay, but we really miss the other refrigerator. We like bottom freezers because they slide out and seem to hold more than top or side by sides. I've had all styles over the years and I feel the side by side is the least useful.

Last edited by Salty Dog; 08-06-2022 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Correct spelling
Old 08-06-2022, 05:39 AM

We have a side by side and would prefer the style you have, we will be in town next week. 440-478-6060
Old 08-06-2022, 06:00 AM
Veteran member

go on the Nextdoor.com web site. Lots of people selling items....and it's free!!
Old 08-06-2022, 06:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Is your refrigerator counter depth?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-06-2022, 06:10 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:

Pardon me, but “frig” is a word used for the past 150 years for the stimulation of male or female genitalia. Forms of it are currently used as slang by people who don’t even know that by people who think it’s a polite way of not using the other f word. I think the word you want is fridge, short for refrigerator.

“ From Middle English friggen (“to quiver”), perhaps from Old English *frygian (“to rub, caress”), related to Old English frēogan, frīgan (“to love, release, embrace, caress”), frīge (pl., “love”). Alternative etymology derives frig (Early Modern English frigge) from Middle English frikien (“to keep (the arms and hands) in constant motion”), from Old English frician (“to dance”).””
Old 08-06-2022, 06:14 AM

Quote:

So you want to reduce the number of time to bend over to get things from the freezer side by increasing the number of times you will bend over to get something from the bottom of the cold side in a side by side? Which is where the fruit and veggies drawers are usually located.
Old 08-06-2022, 07:28 AM

My house came with a 1-sided (freezer on top) fridge which I didn't want. Spoke with my realtor who offered to list it for sale on some website (might've been nextdoor, unsure), plus have his people look for anyone who was selling the 2-door that I wanted. Got a call from another realtor who offered $500 for mine and they came to pick it up on the weekend. That same weekend I was given a number for a new homeowner in DeLuna wanting to sell her 2-door. The timing was perfect, they were 10 min away and I had a delivery guy move it over that weekend and now have the fridge that I wanted. Cost me $400 more (+ $65 for delivery) on the entire swap but worth it.

There's pros and cons about all fridge types depending on your pref, but I wanted a GE 2-door type. The 1-sided had little space with no shelf adjustment options and had to bend over every time because the top freezer was too low. I don't do frozen pizzas anymore. Rather make my own.

Last edited by mikeycereal; 08-06-2022 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-06-2022, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
Pardon me, but “frig” is a word used for the past 150 years for the stimulation of male or female genitalia. Forms of it are currently used as slang by people who don’t even know that by people who think it’s a polite way of not using the other f word. I think the word you want is fridge, short for refrigerator.

“ From Middle English friggen (“to quiver”), perhaps from Old English *frygian (“to rub, caress”), related to Old English frēogan, frīgan (“to love, release, embrace, caress”), frīge (pl., “love”). Alternative etymology derives frig (Early Modern English frigge) from Middle English frikien (“to keep (the arms and hands) in constant motion”), from Old English frician (“to dance”).””
Wow have not heard that in many years. Will still use frig for our refrigerator though.
Closed Thread

Tags
frig, side, refrigerators, weeks, i’m

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.