Pre cruise covid test - where is the best?

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2022, 07:21 AM

Just returned from an international trip. Had our test done at Walgreens at Pinellas shopping. Made appointment online, had the test via drive-thru and had results within two hours for both my wife and I. Insurance paid for everything.
Old 04-18-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
According to Royal Caribbean we will need a negative antigen test for Covid. This is the one with the fast result in less then two hours. This must be done 48 hours before our cruise in June. Where is the best location in The Villages? Thanks in advance.
Paramount Urgent Care off of 466…..address….. 805 County Rd. 466, Lady Lake or you can make an appointment on line at Walgreens ( Near Rohans rec. center )…
Old 04-18-2022, 07:46 AM

We recently went on a cruise and had our covid test at Village Discount Pharmacy. We made an appointment and got our results while we waited.
Old 04-18-2022, 08:01 AM

I have been to CVS on 466 Wedgewood Lane. You must make an appointment for this. Just go on-line CVS. Pick your time and then fill out a form. That's it. Test is done in their drive-thru lane. Never had any problems.
Old 04-18-2022, 08:47 AM

Quote:
According to Royal Caribbean we will need a negative antigen test for Covid. This is the one with the fast result in less then two hours. This must be done 48 hours before our cruise in June. Where is the best location in The Villages? Thanks in advance.
We went to the Walgreens on 466A and Powell Rd.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aacosner View Post
I just took a Royal Caribbean cruise. They stated that they would not accept a home test that was not witnessed by a health professional. I got my test at the Walgreens near the Rohan rec center. It was quick and easy, and was accepted by Royal Caribbean.

You need to schedule an appointment with most places. Make sure the one you choose does the 2-hour test -- not all do.
We just went on a Princess cruise. You can take an at home test, it just has to be proctored. We ordered it through the Princess web site. I’m sure Royal Caribbean has the same thing.
Old 04-18-2022, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Paramount Urgent care on 466 just west of Rolling Acres Road (North side of 466). No appointment, just walk in. Results in a couple of hours.
Old 04-18-2022, 03:34 PM
Default Covid Tests for cruising

Quote:
Royal Caribbean and Celebrity offer on their websites at home Covid tests. You must connect with a camera via your phone or laptop and you will be guided through taking the test and the results are provided in 15 minutes. You are given a printable copy of the certified results and they are sent to your cell phone via text. Easiest way to do it. Costs about $

Your travel agent should have provided this information. I would ask why they didn't!
Old 04-18-2022, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Hi, I’m not sure if you’ve decided where to go yet for your Antigen tests. However, I wanted to mention that my family goes to Paramount Urgent Care on Hwy. 466 near Rolling Acres Drive.

The center takes insurance. They don’t take appointments but the lines haven’t been too long and you get the results in about 30 minutes. They email you the results; and if you want they will print them out for you.

Good luck no matter where you choose to go… and safe travels.
“Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just said it would be worth it."
Author Unknown
Old 04-19-2022, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richinfl View Post
Royal Caribbean and Celebrity offer on their websites at home Covid tests. You must connect with a camera via your phone or laptop and you will be guided through taking the test and the results are provided in 15 minutes. You are given a printable copy of the certified results and they are sent to your cell phone via text. Easiest way to do it. Costs about $

Your travel agent should have provided this information. I would ask why they didn't!
Not everyone uses a travel agent. We don’t. Our friends paid for the at home test from RCCL. It was $69.99 for 2 tests.
Old 04-19-2022, 06:53 AM
Default Pre-cruise COVID testing

We typically purchase two self-tests for $69 from the cruise line who uses emed.com, an online verification company. They are open 24/7 and available to watch you take your test when you are. Easy and very convenient.
Old 04-23-2022, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I just got back from a cruise, I got my FREE test at walgreens on Burnsed Dr. you have to make appointment and with that much time before your cruise should be no issue. I went at 3:30 pm on a Thursday and had results by that night both in email and txt msg.
Old 08-05-2022, 02:28 PM

In June, 2023?
Old 08-05-2022, 05:22 PM

Quote:
there is a small urgent care near dollar tree on 466a. we had ours done there for a royal cruise a few months age. results in 15 minutes, 100 bucks
Old 08-05-2022, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Went on a cruise in July made appt with Walgreens and got a call the day before that it now costs $ 129 and Medicare will not pay.

Went to Village discount pharmacy and paid $ 40 and had results within 15 minutes
Closed Thread

Tags
covid, test, cruise, hours, june

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.