The prices of Golf Carts are C R A Z Y !

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2021, 09:04 AM
Platinum member

To answer your question, golf cart prices are going up. For what you get, car is a lot less expensive.

Bought our cart 1 year ago and there were 60-70 carts in the store. Last week went in Spanish Springs store and they had 20 carts and this included used carts. Do not know prices now but last year bought 2021 Quitetech with most of Villages equipment for $12,500 including taxes from dealer in Webster. Had minor warranty issue and work was performed promptly. If maintenance is an issue would not worry much. Carts are very simple and should entail very little maintenance.

Hopefully, prices on Lithium battery carts will come down and create some competition for the quiet but smelly Yamahas.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:15 AM

The Villages is a unique place. It has zillions of RETIRED people ready to spend money. I live on a Cul-D-Sac street and there is a contractor on the street everyday (for the 5 years I have been here) installing something. (New floors, painting, pools, paved driveways, painted driveways, raised flower bed borders, spas, trim, cabinets, granite counters, every lanai improvement in the world, better appliances, garage floor coatings, garage screens, murphy beds, custom closets, custom ceiling fans, outdoor pits, paved areas, ..........well you get the idea. I bought a Honda Fit for $16,000. (Real car with real motor). A new Yamaha (VILLAGE STYLE) will cost $18,000. Because the retirees want custom seats, custom tires and wheels, custom lights, custom colors matching their Alma Mater, custom dashboard, custom windshield, ice chests, etc.

Nothing wrong with this but it means HIGH Prices due to DEMAND. In Texas I bought a new golf cart for 20 acres I owned. It cost $3000 NEW. On my street in Texas I only saw one contractor (an AC guy) in 4 years.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:19 AM

Buy a used 2014 or newer Yamaha gas golf cart, the pricing is more reasonable then buying new.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjbpens@verizon.net View Post
When we asked about availability they told us it would be December or January until we could get a new cart. We decided to buy a used cart. Check the paper, next-door or on here. We paid $5600.

In April we shopped all over TV and then head up toward Ocala, saw a few on our way, stopped at the dealer up there just bf Ocala and he steered us for a used cart to WHOLESALE GOLF CARTS, on 441s, just as you are getting back close to villages, small red and white place. They were wonderful!!!
Gave us 1500more in trade than village shop, got a great, nice looking cart, they delivered next am. Then short legs here had a seat/pedal issue...they changed out the seat style for us, they took the cart up to the store at 1pm, we followed up and picked a workable seat and left...they delivered it back to us at 4pm!

First place I would send anyone.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
I made the mistake of buying a new cart in Webster a couple years ago much better price but they have NO SERVICE unless you bring the cart to them...

Carts and Clubs a few miles N of the villages is better pricing and they have service trucks that come to your home
If you are referring to Country Village Power Equipment in Webster Florida, your statement is patently false. I purchased a new Yamaha gas cart from them in Feb. of 2019, and all of my service has been done, by them, in my driveway.
I had one non-essential problem (broken speedometer cable) that they could not fix right there on the spot, but could fix at the shop and had I decided to have them fix it, they would have loaded it right up on the trailer which he had with him, and taken it away.
I didn't want to be without the cart, and didn't really care about the speedometer anyway, since I know it won't go over 22mph, so I opted out.

I saved about $2500 on what a comparably equipped cart would have cost from The Villages and have never been inconvenienced at all by the service I get from Country Village. In fact, some of my friends who bought from The Villages have more issues with scheduling than I have had.
I am in no way associated with Country Villages Power. I'm just a satisfied customer.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:09 AM

I bought a stock 2021 Yamaha Gas cart from Advantage Golf Cars in Orlando in October of last year for $8230.00 and they delivered it to my door for $100. Great company that did not raise prices when everyone else did. The only options on it were the Premium Light upgrade, Tuning Fork logo, upgraded seats and premium paint.

With all the increases and shortages in material that have manifested themselves in supply chains for all durable product manufacturers, you'll be lucky to find a deal in the current climate.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We bought our cart new in August of 2016. Yamaha without Fuel Injection. It is a real eye-catcher. The only option I bought was the upgrade on the paint. The total out the door cost was $9300.

A similar replacement cart would be in the $15000 dollar range. Although I LOVE The Villages Golf Carts, that ain't gonna happen because of the price, I'm almost certain. It's a choice. The convenience of a loaner and great service or waiting around for a service truck to show up. I don't like waiting but the carts need such little service it is probably worth it.

I will give The Villages Golf Cart the last shot before I buy.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

IMO you can’t compare premium village ready golf cart with entry level golf course cart or basic village ready carts. Usually the basic add ons adds up to more that basic new cart. I see you seen price of new villages ready cart with premium seats and the works. You’re not going to find one of them cheap used. Why? They paid 13K plus for them and it you find on for half that it’s good deal providing the carts in good shape. But, you have be able to evaluate the condition of the cart for asking price. Most new village ready carts cost more than cheap bottom of line vehicles. Most use golf carts as much or more than their vehicles here. If person can’t determine the condition of used cart they probably need to buy new cause Rhe don’t know what there getting?
Old 08-03-2021, 11:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
We bought our cart new in August of 2016. Yamaha without Fuel Injection. It is a real eye-catcher. The only option I bought was the upgrade on the paint. The total out the door cost was $9300.

A similar replacement cart would be in the $15000 dollar range. Although I LOVE The Villages Golf Carts, that ain't gonna happen because of the price, I'm almost certain. It's a choice. The convenience of a loaner and great service or waiting around for a service truck to show up. I don't like waiting but the carts need such little service it is probably worth it.

I will give The Villages Golf Cart the last shot before I buy.
IMO you’re cart should last for ever, my 2012 1/2 FI cart still runs like new. I don’t plan on buying another one. I figure it will out last me. Course I was mechanic for 45 plus years and can detect the slightest defect or problem.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:42 AM

I bough two used golf carts in The Villages (privately) this year a 2011, and a 2012 for about $5,000. I have no problems. There are independents who service them at your home.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:47 AM
Default cost of golf carts...

supply and demand, plus caveat emptor....but Waynes is by far the best deal in town...he comes to your door, same day service....
Old 08-03-2021, 12:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Why would snowbirds increase the demand for new carts? Don't most of them already own carts? Or just rent them while they're here?

That said, I just picked up a creampuff of a Yamaha Gas cart last week. The seller was a 92 yo lady who barely drove it...

Spotless!

-Tom Petty
Old 08-03-2021, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
I second the Villages Discount Golf Carts on 466....right next to Birdies golf. Got my cart there ( 2020) . It is actually a golf cart used in tournaments ( like a demo). Much cheaper than The Villages Golf carts, will service at your house too!
Yep. Agree. We purchased a second-hand cart from them: they're opening to bargaining and also stand behind their products. They'll send out their "Cartiologist" to your home if you have a problem or just if your cart is due for service.
Old 08-03-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
Welcome to The Villages. You'll most likely find everything from food to services to goods are more expensive in Florida than they are where you're coming from. There's some balance/trade-off since we pay no state taxes. As for golf carts, there's some service advantage to buying from The Villages cart stores, but a lot of people buy elsewhere...it's about what perks and convenience you want in your retirement life.
Been coming down from St Louis for 8 years and now I'm full time and I can honestly say I haven't found one single thing here more expensive than in St Louis other than Auto Insurance.. I guess I'll just knock on wood.. LOL
Old 08-03-2021, 12:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Why would snowbirds increase the demand for new carts? Don't most of them already own carts? Or just rent them while they're here?

That said, I just picked up a creampuff of a Yamaha Gas cart last week. The seller was a 92 yo lady who barely drove it...

Spotless!
I hope she changed the oil in it? If not could hear that knocking should?
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, carts, prices, villages, months

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.