The prices of Golf Carts are C R A Z Y !

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2021, 10:52 PM
Default Carts and Clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penglobal View Post
Now that I have moved into The Villages, I have decided on buying a new / used golf cart and the current prices on golf carts are just crazy. The new carts at The Villages Golf Shops are about 15% more than last year, they are offering no incentives and there is no availability. Some new cart's are taking over two months for delivery. When the snow birds come down in a few months with all their money, I get this feeling the prices are just going to increase even more.
Also the asking prices on the used golf cart's sold by individuals are close to full retail. I just can't believe what's going on with inflation. Any suggestions? Thanks
Try Carts and Clubs 4121 S Pine Ave Ocala, FL 34480
(352) 351-2278

They sell Yamaha quiet tech golf carts and are far less expensive than purchasing in TV. They deliver your cart to your home. Go over the cart with you and will come to your home and provide servicing, oil change maintenance or what ever you need. Very nice people and the prices are very competitive. You will find when you drive a little you will save a lot on the cost.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penglobal View Post
Now that I have moved into The Villages, I have decided on buying a new / used golf cart and the current prices on golf carts are just crazy. The new carts at The Villages Golf Shops are about 15% more than last year, they are offering no incentives and there is no availability. Some new cart's are taking over two months for delivery. When the snow birds come down in a few months with all their money, I get this feeling the prices are just going to increase even more.
Also the asking prices on the used golf cart's sold by individuals are close to full retail. I just can't believe what's going on with inflation. Any suggestions? Thanks
Prices are surging. Here'''s what is getting more expensive | CNN

I think rising prices will continue for the forseeable future.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:02 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Prices are surging. Here'''s what is getting more expensive | CNN

I think rising prices will continue for the forseeable future.
Until we get people running our country that love the living/working citizens here.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifred View Post
Try Carts and Clubs 4121 S Pine Ave Ocala, FL 34480
(352) 351-2278

They sell Yamaha quiet tech golf carts and are far less expensive than purchasing in TV. They deliver your cart to your home. Go over the cart with you and will come to your home and provide servicing, oil change maintenance or what ever you need. Very nice people and the prices are very competitive. You will find when you drive a little you will save a lot on the cost.
Sadly, they have almost NO inventory... They'll take your order with no idea when it'll come in...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-04-2021, 09:15 AM

Talking to some people at the major car manufacturers (CC, EZ GO and Yamaha) it is going to get worse before it gets better.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:39 AM

I’ve been pricing 2022 Yamaha models, want to order and and add some options...

Quote Villages Golf Cart Store Brownwood “ Base MSRP on 2022 models has gone up $750.00”
Quote Webster Golf Cart Store. “ Base MSRP on 2022 models has gone up $250.00”

Hmmmm.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:49 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,341 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LieutenantEd View Post
I’ve been pricing 2022 Yamaha models, want to order and and add some options...

Quote Villages Golf Cart Store Brownwood “ Base MSRP on 2022 models has gone up $750.00”
Quote Webster Golf Cart Store. “ Base MSRP on 2022 models has gone up $250.00”

Hmmmm.
I doubt that either of them can legally lie about the MSRP going up, one might have told you a lower amount to get your business and one might have told you a higher amount to make more profit but that I would doubt. Get a true MSRP comparing apples to apples based on what you want to order and then compare.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:53 AM

What's next in terms of C R A Z Y!?
First it was houses, now golf carts, what's next?
"The price of a gallon of milk is C R A Z Y! here in The Villages!, why is that?'
Old 09-24-2021, 09:57 AM
Veteran member
Thumbs down Where not to go for Golf Carts!

Perhaps I had the worst sales person in the world but we check out Ocala Golf Carts for a EZGO Lithium cart yesterday looking for a better price than The Villages. WOW they only had 1 lithium cart in stock (spoken for) and it was bear bones simple. Salesperson kept telling us they modify the cart and it will look just like the one in the showroom (couldn't be more plain). I then asked him the price and he said about $21000. Wow thats at least $1000 or more than the Villages I told him. At that point he tried to explain they had lots of Village customers. I didn't waste any more of my time and walked right out of the store. IMHO $21,000 for a golf cart is insane especially if it looks just like the one he had in the store.
Old 09-24-2021, 12:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
Perhaps I had the worst sales person in the world but we check out Ocala Golf Carts for a EZGO Lithium cart yesterday looking for a better price than The Villages. WOW they only had 1 lithium cart in stock (spoken for) and it was bear bones simple. Salesperson kept telling us they modify the cart and it will look just like the one in the showroom (couldn't be more plain). I then asked him the price and he said about $21000. Wow thats at least $1000 or more than the Villages I told him. At that point he tried to explain they had lots of Village customers. I didn't waste any more of my time and walked right out of the store. IMHO $21,000 for a golf cart is insane especially if it looks just like the one he had in the store.
I priced the Lithium carts out using the EZGO web site and could not even come close to 21K. Last year I moved here(when supply was good) and a well equipped EZGO outside of TV was <15K. Also checked out Club Car(there lithiums have shorter range) and they were around 15K including GPS with a large screen.

I would have done the same if I had this quote.
Old 09-25-2021, 06:10 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

I spoke w/a cart salesman w/The Village golf carts. He told me if ordered today it would be March before I could be delivered.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:53 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
When we were looking 2 years ago, new carts were $16,000. We ended up at the Village Discount shop and saved some money.
But the cart you got wasn't new.
Old 09-25-2021, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,923 Times in 1,112 Posts
Default I don’t know what a gallon of milk cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmio View Post
What's next in terms of C R A Z Y!?
First it was houses, now golf carts, what's next?
"The price of a gallon of milk is C R A Z Y! here in The Villages!, why is that?'
last year, this year or next year and I don’t care , the price is the price
Old 09-25-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polirudb View Post
I purchased a new 2020 Yamaha golf cart from Country Village Power Equipment in May of 2020. Saved over $3000.00. Absolutely great service. Delivered to my house when we bought it, picked up and delivered for free when our custom-ordered seats came in, and did the first oil change and service in our driveway for much less than the others quoted me. I recently spoke with Steve there to schedule my next service at home. Love that place!
So, Steve and Carolyn have left. The new sales representative is CJ. I dealt with him the other day to order a different rain enclosure valence. The people making the rain enclosures are the same and the people doing the other things are the same also. Steve and Carolyn were great people to work with, and CJ seems to be the same with his relations with customers. Nathan is his boss. My wife and I bought our custom-built 2021 Yamaha from them and it was thousands less than The Villages Golf Cars as well. I think The Villages Golf Cars are just fine, but I DO like to save money when I can, and Country Village Power Equipment is a GREAT way to save money. Carl is their delivery man and he is fast, friendly, and helpful. BTW, there is an awesome Mexican food truck there if you stop by. Try their burrito!
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, carts, prices, villages, months

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.