Prima in Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2022, 06:08 AM
Default Prima in Brownwood

We visited Prima last night for the first time. Chose to eat inside. Attractive interior, tables and booths laid out very well. Although it was a full house we noticed how quiet it was compared to other places we have dined. We could actually have a normal conversation without yelling at each other.

Our server was Johnny. Friendly, attentive and professional.

As for the food, it was excellent. Chicken Parm with a meatball and Salmon on top of risotto. Brought out hot and in a very timely manner.

Plenty of staff, kitchen throughput appeared to be above average. Prices are on par with similar type establishments (Bluefin, Bonefish).

If you never been you might want to give this one a shot.
Old 04-25-2022, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&BSmith View Post
We visited Prima last night for the first time. Chose to eat inside. Attractive interior, tables and booths laid out very well. Although it was a full house we noticed how quiet it was compared to other places we have dined. We could actually have a normal conversation without yelling at each other.

As for the food, it was excellent. Chicken Parm with a meatball and Salmon on top of risotto. Brought out hot and in a very timely manner.

Plenty of staff, kitchen throughput appeared to be above average. Prices are on par with similar type establishments (Bluefin, Bonefish).

Have been there several times with good experience.
Old 04-25-2022, 08:25 AM

We love Prima. The food is good and the value is excellent.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:47 AM

Prima was the one place we had never dined in and finally went a few days ago. Sad I waited so long as the food was great and the atmosphere was fantastic (as you noted). I had steered clear as I was under the impression the price for entrees was through the roof, but were reasonable and in line with other places. I also highly recommend!
Old 04-25-2022, 11:55 AM

Prima restaurant impressed us and we enjoyed it very much. The food was delicious and service was wonderful. We recommend and will definitely return for additional meals.
Old 04-25-2022, 12:14 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

The wife and I have eaten there a few times and have been very satisfied with the food and service.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:26 AM
Platinum member
Talking

Wow, no negative responses. Fantastic. We will have to try it out.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:27 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:

I had Easter Dinner there, and the food and service were excellent at a very busy time. I also appreciated being able to hear the people speaking at my table. $44 for rack of lamb with Brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes. With $5 salad, cocktail, dessert, and tip, my individual check came to $97. For one.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:33 AM
Veteran member

First time for us last Tuesday eve. , group of 8

Our impression echoes all of the comments above.

What impressed me the most was this ……. There was a menu item on their Website menu that had been dropped on their “regular” menu that I had my heart set on ordering. I pointed that out to our server suggesting that they should consider updating their website.

Moments later , the manager shows up asking me about the item . He left to speak with the chef who agreed to make the dish with only a slight modification. Two of us ordered the dish and it was excellent, as well as all of the other meals.

Now THAT is what I call customer service at its finest !!

The dish, BTW, was a seafood combination of pan seared grouper, sautéed sea scallops and shrimp served in a light lemon/pepper sauce over linguine. It was supposed to have mussels as well but the manager explained that they had been unable to get a good quality mussel and so that was the reason they dropped the dish .

They did update their menu as I just looked for the unusual name of the dish and it was no longer there. It was something like Curraccio or something like that…..
Old 04-26-2022, 06:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

considering the group, I'm sure we all have and have had varying experiences there. Personally I'll never eat brunch or Italian there as it just doesn't meet my standards there are only 2 places within 30 minutes that come close enough.

Glad you like it, otherwise they fold eventually.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,611 Times in 946 Posts

We’ve eaten here a bunch. For is good, menu has nice selection.

There is a lot of energy, both inside and out
Servers are always pleasant, and the management team is outstanding.
Old 04-26-2022, 07:14 AM
Veteran member

Prima will not be folding anytime soon. I know a lot of people that go on a regular basis and they really enjoy it. We have gone there too a couple of times.
Old 04-26-2022, 07:45 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
Had same thoughts!
Old 04-26-2022, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
considering the group, I'm sure we all have and have had varying experiences there. Personally I'll never eat brunch or Italian there as it just doesn't meet my standards there are only 2 places within 30 minutes that come close enough.

Glad you like it, otherwise they fold eventually.
Curious what are these two places that meet your standards?
Old 04-26-2022, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
Give them time... Give them time...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
prima, meatball, salmon, parm, give

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.