Pro Tournaments here in TV

Old 04-23-2024, 05:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
I see Lakewood Ranch (a fast-growing retirement community), here in Florida is hosting a PGA tournament. Why in the golf capital of the world are we not hosting PGA events?
I can't even conceive of someone seriously asking this question if the person knows anything about professional golf and has ever been to a PGA tournament.

Having played in three different sports with former professional athletes in pickup games and fund raisers, you must have no idea of the performance gap between retired amateurs' recreational facilities here in TV, and professional athletes. . the gap is ginormous and then triple that. .

I am still floored that someone even asked this question. . ranks on par with the assumption that the villages is a resort community. and no you won't change my mind.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
I can't even conceive of someone seriously asking this question if the person knows anything about professional golf and has ever been to a PGA tournament.

Having played in three different sports with former professional athletes in pickup games and fund raisers, you must have no idea of the performance gap between retired amateurs' recreational facilities here in TV, and professional athletes. . the gap is ginormous and then triple that. .

I am still floored that someone even asked this question. . ranks on par with the assumption that the villages is a resort community. and no you won't change my mind.
The Villages is a resort community? I thought it was a retirement community!
Old 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,148 Times in 2,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
The Villages is a resort community? I thought it was a retirement community!
It was definitely a retirement community when we bough almost 9 years ago, but the explosion of short term rentals is beginning to transform the place.

Tags
pga, hosting, pro, world, capital

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.