Property management companies

Old 04-15-2024, 12:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
Can anyone recommend a good company to rent out our home long term?? Tk u
Make sure your neighbors have your contact information, so they can let you know when it all goes South with a bad renter....it happens way more than you think.
Old 04-16-2024, 05:46 AM

One of the worst property management companies I have dealt with in the Villages is Down Home. They are very nice! But, they are totally non responsive to landlord phone calls or emails.

They wound up renting my property for less than I had agreed to.

They promised me repeatedly that they would send someone over to check the sprinkler system timer. They failed to do so for several months despite repeated emails and phone calls as to why my irrigation expenses were so high (the house was unoccupied at the time).

They failed to submit the one year property report to the Villages (it was a brand new house with a list of punch out items). This wound up costing me thousands of dollars.

This is a business that really should be not a business in the Villages. They fail at every step of the way. No return calls. No return emails. Non responsiveness to tenant inquiries. Non responsiveness to owner inquiries.

Oh...they are quite good at taking their commission out of the rent payments. That is the only thing they did right...for themselves.

Do business with Down Home at your own peril!
Old 04-23-2024, 12:59 PM
Default Property Management Companies Revisited

Searched posts and came upon this thread- but there is not updated posts.
We’re looking to rent my father’s house, as he is coming to live with us. Since it’s our first time, I don’t think we can do Rent From A Villager.

I have an appointment with Hometown Property Management - we’ve met with them before- and it seems their pricing is pretty high- unsure if the house will rent for what they are asking.

I just did a Google Search on Down Home Properties, and see a lot of negative reviews- so we won’t go that route.

I’m currently talking with a rep from Gunn Property Services.

Has anyone used Gunn or Hometown?
Old 04-23-2024, 09:15 PM
Default Property Management Companies

We use Shalyn at Re/Max Premier Property Management and are very happy with them.
352-460-4633
shalyn@remaxpremier.net

Tags
property, rent, term, long, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.