Property Values in TV during last recession

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2020, 08:25 AM

Since this was intended to be my last home I paid more than asking price because I was bidding against someone else. I've been involved in real estate since the 70s and totally believe in location, which was what I bought (I can easily walk to LSL).

Boots on the ground is important to determine your individual desires and preferences. Since I bought my home three years ago it has appreciated past my purchase price which is irrelevant to me.

From my perspective, however, if you're lucky enough to live anywhere in The Villages, you're plenty lucky.

Good luck!
Old 01-11-2020, 11:07 PM

Don’t worry so much about what you are going to leave your Kids and Grand Kids. Why not give them some cash now to see them enjoy it while your still here.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:00 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Liquidation of estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERCHIEF View Post
Don’t worry so much about what you are going to leave your Kids and Grand Kids. Why not give them some cash now to see them enjoy it while your still here.
“Chief”, I couldn’t agree with you more. I’ve seen too many kids “squabbling” over money after their parents are gone and this was after I’ve heard the same story”I’m not worried about my kids, they are good kids, etc. etc.”. You can give them tax free cash why your still alive and while they may need it for many good reasons. You can enjoy to see the fruits of your hard work and sacrifice put to good use. If you can afford it, help with your grandkids education. There is nothing better you can do.

We purchased our first home in TV in 2005. When the economic downturn came in 2007 - 2008, value had gone down about 20% or maybe a little less. Of course, a loss would only occur if you sold. We didn’t. We did sell a four years later and didn’t lose any money. Long story short, we have purchased three properties in TV since and two other Florida beach properties as investments. We own a beach property and our home here in The Villages. We downsized up north when the time was right and have a visiting condo there that has increased in value over time. Florida real estate has been profitable. So has the stock market if you didn’t panic and sell during the “downturn”. History sooner or later will likely repeat itself again.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

The Mrs and I earned our own way ups and downs due diligence hard work has created a somewhat comfortable retirement.
Our plan isn't to leave the children well off our plan is to have fun and enjoy our golden years.
Giving our children a hand is not a problem but giving them a hand for life is.

Tags
housing, values, recession, property, badly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.