Pros and cons of living in McClure

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2018, 10:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Some Suggestions

Thought I would provide some suggestions if you are going to move to the Villages.
1. Location, location location is critical. Best to rent a home for a couple of months and get the feel of the area you are considering. It is close to banks, stores, key roads, etc. Is it not near railroad track.
2. Is it new or a rebuy home.
3. Never sign up for vendor or contractor without first calling Seniors vs Crime for history of Co..
4. Caeful in using medical facilities. Consider driving the 2.5 hours to Jacksonville to Mayo Clinic for top notch medical support
5. Drive as though the other driver is either senile of drunk.
6. Remember the POA is a watch dog of the Villages GOv't and the other organization is an arm of the Developer. Does not mean that either is better than the other. Just who they are working for.
7. If your smoke alarm starts to go off because the battery is old call the fire department and they will come to your house and replace the batteries,
8. Always remember you are in the villages which has thousands of golf carts. Be more careful in the car.
9. Don't gripe about the gates. They are there to remind people of lots of golf carts, take picture of in and out cars for
protection, etc etc.
10.Remember you are lucky to have such a great place to live and respect the honor to be here.
Who can add more observations??
Old 12-21-2018, 10:20 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Location Location Location

Mary and I stayed here a couple of times before moving here. We chose Palo Alto because we are on a circular street therefore ease of backing out of driveway. We are less than 2 miles from our church St Timothy's, our bank, our Publix or Winn Dixie, Our gas station, Walgreens, MVP, the Sharon and Spanish Springs. Currently we are still very Mobile but we planned for the future just in case. Len & Mary
Old 12-21-2018, 11:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
<snip>
7. If your smoke alarm starts to go off because the battery is old call the fire department and they will come to your house and replace the batteries,
<snip>
Should be restated for clarity: If your smoke alarm starts to go off because the battery is old, buy a new battery and call the fire department. They will come to your house and install the battery.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:16 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

There are pros and minuses to every area. Your glass is either half full or half empty.

In a few years your area will be bustling with retail activity. you will have stores, banks eateries, etc. In Florida there seems to be some obscure law that states there will be a Dollar General every square mile and a Publix every 2 square miles......lol.

I also suspect that because you bought early before this occurs, you will soon enjoy a good increase in equity....just as the folks in Fenney have enjoyed and will continue to do so.

501 is now open...in a few years with Linden, Monarch Grove, Marsh Bend, DeLuna, Southern Oaks and West Lake on the horizon, you will be in the middle of a thriving community. I truly believe that in a few years Brownwood will be the middle of The Villages.

You are blessed and have a bright future to look forward to. I think your future equity increase is well worth this temporary inconvenience. Consider yourself a Pioneer......that is why The Villages put wagons on future properties....haha.

Frank
Old 12-21-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
Consider yourself a Pioneer......that is why The Villages put wagons on future properties....haha.

Frank
And I thought that's how some of the old folks arrived here.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:54 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonblue View Post
And I thought that's how some of the old folks arrived here.
That. Is. Funny.

Tags
traffic, things, shade, home, con

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.