Psa

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2020, 07:55 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwick2112@yahoo.com View Post
Also, got a call from the warranty department with the Villages and they told us that effective immediately there will be no warranty repairs favoring sending subcontracts to start and finish new homes.
I do not believe this. Either you are mistaken or you are misinformed.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwick2112@yahoo.com View Post
They continue to build south of SR44 like there was no tomorrow regardless of the health hazards of staff, subcontractors and US, village residents. Also, got a call from the warranty department with the Villages and they told us that effective immediately there will be no warranty repairs favoring sending subcontracts to start and finish new homes.
I watched the house we live in here go up. We also watched almost a dozen homes in the past be built. I can't think, right off the top of my head of any process that requires anyone to be closer than 12 feet.

Almost anything requiring warranty repair that I can think of would require people to come into your home, not good.

And..."THEY" are people building houses. I feel sure they are trying to keep people working and separated safely too. Who knows. I haven't met the owners ever. Their half brother lives down my street, but he rarely mingles. We have gone to one "state of the villages" gathering and it struck me then when "they" were all assembled, with their sisters and children and grandchildren, is that they were very smart country folks with good work ethics that have been successful. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-04-2020 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta Forcina View Post
Sadly the Morse family will say nothing. I also think they were remiss in closing off many things from the start of this health crisis. They only seem to care about continual building and profits.
The Morse family closed something? What did they close?
Old 04-04-2020, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta Forcina View Post
Sadly the Morse family will say nothing. I also think they were remiss in closing off many things from the start of this health crisis. They only seem to care about continual building and profits.
No.... what's sad is people who don't have a clue.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

A Psa from the developer??? Why???

All of the service providers in TV are issuing communications on what's happening/what's stopped/changed...the Daily Sun lists restaurants that are open for take out, church streaming, etc

this is one of those cases of no news is good news....ya wanna see if a store like Home Depot is open, visit their website

try to be a grown up...be independent

If you expect a daily report on whether trash is being picked up and at what time, get a life

Tune into Fox, they're covering the full daily briefings if you want an update

and please, don't look at the Morse family as your mommy & daddy
Old 04-04-2020, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
Exactly what are they supposed to comment on? What does it matter if they say anything? It won't change or improve anything if they make a comment. They aren't elected officials, they have no power to enforce anything.
nor are they medical personnel. we have to reason to hear from them
Old 04-04-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janemarks View Post
Has anyone seen a PSA from the Morse family? I would imagine they would have "something" to say
Why would you expect them to have something to "say"? Not their Job.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:49 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Seriously? More Morse bashing?

How many more of you simple simons need your hands held just to receive any more info being disseminated about this damn virus than what already is?

What in the hell more could The Developers say?
Perfectly stated. We’re in an adult community. Act like adults.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:34 PM

Don't worry about the Morse family... it's time to let go of the teat... We're a big City now.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Here's a little note from the Morse Family that would have been nice to read, but was never written:

Quote:
To The Villages community:
Since our dear Harold Schwartz, father, grandfather, uncle, to the Morse Family founded The Villages back in (whatever year that was), we have been a community. We live in a beautiful development, sharing our trials and tribulations together. When one of us suffers, we all suffer. When one of us celebrates, we all celebrate.

Today, we endure the same restrictions you do, and we certainly share you anxiety and concerns. We will be praying for a speedy recovery for those stricken with COVID-19, and mourn the loss of those community members who have been taken by it. We urge everyone to heed the CDC's instructions for keeping as safe as possible.

The Morse Family considers the Villages as our own contribution to Paradise on Earth, and we want to see it flourish with happy, healthy active people. So please take care, and thank you for being a part of our lives.
That would've been nice.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Here's a little note from the Morse Family that would have been nice to read, but was never written:

That would've been nice.
That is lovely and I betcha a nickle it is close to their thoughts but in the fourteen years I have lived here they have not made many public statements. I can see why. Some people would say it was to rally their brand and others would say it wasn't enough. I truly see why they fly beneath the radar most of the time.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

That would've been nice.
Oh please! Totally pointless if they had written it. They’re not our parents. They owe us NOTHING.
Closed Thread

Tags
psa, imagine, family, morse

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.