Public Service Announcement - Police Speed Traps

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2021, 03:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penglobal View Post
I'm confident the guy I was referring to was pulled over for speeding. As I passed the cop who was stopped and concealed behind some trees in the grass medium, I could see his radar detector. I was driving exactly the speed limit and the poor guy who passed me was only going a little faster than me.

I 'm not for unsafe driving nor am I anti-cop, but the next time you drive a little over the speed limit and you get ticketed, I'm confident that you will immediately seek the guidance of a ticket-attorney and fight that speeding ticket to the best of your abilities. So please don't be a hypocrite and state that all violators most be cited.
Well, you would be wrong being confident in my case, I am not mad at anyone but myself when I get a moving violation of any kind, and I expect a significant number of people feel the same way.

Why bother having laws if they are not enforced or if people hire expensive lawyers to get off the hook when they break the law.

And, nothing hypocritical I firmly wish all violators would be ticketed. I grow more and more tired today with so little consequences that people do anything they want and then complain when caught
Old 09-25-2021, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

The enforcement is long over due.
Speed traps? The more the better.

Only those who are offended by enforcement are crying foul!!

Book 'em....the more the merrier.
Old 09-25-2021, 06:01 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
I'm confident the guy I was referring to was pulled over for speeding. As I passed the cop who was stopped and concealed behind some trees in the grass medium, I could see his radar detector. I was driving exactly the speed limit and the poor guy who passed me was only going a little faster than me.

I 'm not for unsafe driving nor am I anti-cop, but the next time you drive a little over the speed limit and you get ticketed, I'm confident that you will immediately seek the guidance of a ticket-attorney and fight that speeding ticket to the best of your abilities. So please don't be a hypocrite and state that all violators most be cited.
My wife got stopped off of Warm Springs going 9 MPH over the speed limit and received only a warning. It worked, she is now afraid to go 1 MPH over the limit. Just because people get pulled over doesn't mean they all get tickets, sometimes only a warning.
Old 09-25-2021, 06:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Lawn companies, ups and FedEx, think TV is their own personal speedway. Long over due.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
I saw some poor guy get pulled over for maybe going 10 - 15 mph over the posted speed limit. I understand he was speeding a little, but really.
It seems like 10-15 miles over the speed limit is too fast. Have you never heard of the saying “five you’re fine, nine you’re mine”, quoted by some unknown officers (or possibly no one at all).
;-)
Old 09-25-2021, 08:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
In no way am I encouraging dangerous or unlawful driving habits, but I have noticed several police speed traps, or better known as traffic enforcement areas popping-up within our community. There has been daily speed traps for the past two weeks on Warm Spring Avenue near Meggison Road which is just north of the Florida Turnpike. There has been increased police traffic enforcement during the weekdays and primarily during the afternoon. I saw some poor guy get pulled over for maybe going 10 - 15 mph over the posted speed limit. I understand he was speeding a little, but really.

Which other areas of our community should I pay special attention when driving? Always be safe and please drive safely.
People in TV drive way too fast… way above the speed limit= Hope the get caught and ticked.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:00 AM

I always thought that a sign stating the speed limit was a suggestion!! 😎
Old 09-26-2021, 05:03 AM

Best to be on the traveled roadways then in a parking lot
Old 09-26-2021, 05:25 AM

The increased speed enforcement is a result of widely-ignored speed limits that contributed to a recent traffic fatality:

https://www.**************.com/2021/...-the-villages/

If the link is removed go to the other news site and search for motorcycle and Daniel Ray Justice.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:26 AM

The life they save may be your own or one you love.
Be careful out there!
Now if they could only do something about those driving and texting and weaving all over the road into other lanes.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:32 AM
Sage

O.P. really??? So if a speeder also runs a light and t-bones you and gets ticketed, will you also complain??? Yesterday I was going on Morse....I only will go a tad over the limit if at all and that's maybe one or so mph. Someone in a van came speeding up and passed me and disappeared. My guess-timate is they were going at least 50 MPH to do that. I'd guess if you think getting pulled over should be outlawed then we should do away with other laws as well. Our society is reaping the "bounty" of no consequences given. Just pick up a paper or flip through the t.v. stations. You don't have to read whole articles--just the headlines to figure this all out. I think there should be more speed-traps set. We live on a generally quiet side street but the vendors with their noisy mufflers speed by ALL the time during the day.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
The increased enforcement was published in the Daily Sun and was due to several accidents and apparently significant speeding in the area, glad to see they are following up. I typically set my cruise control at a couple of MPH over the posted speed limit, and I am constantly being passed, even at 40 MPH on Buena Vista and Morse I get passed by cars that have to be going close to 60, and occasionally weaving in and out of traffic. IMHO, people need to slow down.
You use cruise control in the Villages "WOW" interesting must be fun in the roundabouts.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
In no way am I encouraging dangerous or unlawful driving habits, but I have noticed several police speed traps, or better known as traffic enforcement areas popping-up within our community. There has been daily speed traps for the past two weeks on Warm Spring Avenue near Meggison Road which is just north of the Florida Turnpike. There has been increased police traffic enforcement during the weekdays and primarily during the afternoon. I saw some poor guy get pulled over for maybe going 10 - 15 mph over the posted speed limit. I understand he was speeding a little, but really.

Which other areas of our community should I pay special attention when driving? Always be safe and please drive safely.
Thanks for the heads up
Old 09-26-2021, 05:48 AM

I got a ticket on Morse by Osceola Hills. I was speeding, not by much it was 6 months ago. Big dump trucks were blowing by me. I got stopped
Old 09-26-2021, 06:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:

Doesn’t Warm Springs Avenue have a speed limit of 45, then 35 near the shopping center, and slower at the roundabout where several people have crashed recently and one or two have died? So you think it’s okay to drive 60 in a 45 mph zone, or 50 mph in a 35 mph zone? While most of us could do that safely, some can’t, and a lot of accidents happen because of people trying to pass people obeying the speed limit. Also, if I am pulling out of a parking lot onto the street, I may assume the speed of the car is at the speed limit, but if it is substantially faster, the faster car may need to brake suddenly or swerve, which is again more likely to result in an accident. So I welcome cops giving tickets at that sort of place. Most of us actually do follow the speed limit closely here. After all, we are retired. What’s the hurry?
Closed Thread

Tags
speed, traps, community, driving, areas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.