Publix

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Veteran member
Default Publix

Got some info a Publix going in at 466a and 462 behind the Sumter Service Center. Kinda close to Colony Plaza... Have to see if it comes to be.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryW View Post
Got some info a Publix going in at 466a and 462 behind the Sumter Service Center. Kinda close to Colony Plaza... Have to see if it comes to be.
That is where Sweetbay originally was going to locate. Then they changed the location to down on 44, near Buena Vista. Now the newspaper says 33 (I think) locations are shutting down in Florida - but not shutting down in TV. Don't know if they will build on 44.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I work at publix-district man. told me sometime in 2014 will be built. We are running out of storage space for cool and frozen items. Have to rent a semi to store items right now.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Sage

As far as being close....there are two Publix on 441. One is in that strip mall near the hospital across from Lowe's. The other one is in the strip mall in Spanish Springs....not that far apart plus both are good sized stores! They "need" to build something on the south end as Colony is crazy busy! Drive past during the day...the parking lot is jammed/full. Also Walgreens on that end as well needs some help by having a CVS nearby.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Platinum member

And we need a WENDY's......AND an Ace Hardware....AND a dentist! Oh, and a Cracker Barrel, and a Bob Evans or a Denny's or any cafe that serves a nice breakfast.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Sage

We already have all of those
Old 01-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
We already have all of those
Yes, but not in the south end... Would be nice to have more in the 466A area.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
Yes, but not in the south end... Would be nice to have more in the 466A area.
I would agree but on the other hand it saves me money. I'm much less likely to buy something on impulse when I have to travel further.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
As far as being close....there are two Publix on 441. One is in that strip mall near the hospital across from Lowe's. The other one is in the strip mall in Spanish Springs....not that far apart plus both are good sized stores! They "need" to build something on the south end as Colony is crazy busy! Drive past during the day...the parking lot is jammed/full. Also Walgreens on that end as well needs some help by having a CVS nearby.
The Publix across from Lowe's was originally opened as an Albertson's in 2002 and became a Publix when Publix bought most of the Albertson chain a few years ago.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I wholeheartedly AGRE E w you, Not Golfer!!
Old 01-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
The Publix across from Lowe's was originally opened as an Albertson's in 2002 and became a Publix when Publix bought most of the Albertson chain a few years ago.
The only reason this store stays open is the liquor store next store which publix also owns. Publix would not of bought this store if the liquor store was not included.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
And we need a WENDY's......AND an Ace Hardware....AND a dentist! Oh, and a Cracker Barrel, and a Bob Evans or a Denny's or any cafe that serves a nice breakfast.
That's what we need, especially a place to get a good breakfast. The only breakfast available now is Bonifay and it's overpriced for a long wait for an omlet or powdered eggs in a cold buffet. I'd love to see an Athens ,Sunrise Cafe, or Billy's diner. I doubt if you'd see an Ace since there is already one in Wildwood. Dentists are there and a dime a dozen anywhere.
Like was said, Publix everyday is like Thanksgiving eve and I'm suprised they won't open until 2014. Sweetbay is right now doubtful.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Quote:
From where I live it takes about 8 minutes to drive to Publix on 466a. To get to either of the Publix stores on 441 is 22+ minutes. That is not acceptable for a gallon of mike or really even for the bulk of my shopping. It takes about 9-10 mins to Sweetbay but we know their selection is limited. Once you get to Publix lot it is a struggle for the next two hours to get a spot and to get in and out. Add to the fact that is it basically unsafe to shop there even if only from a fire egress point of view. I wonder how much over the legal limit they are for fire code?

If we are making a "south Villages" wish list I would like a Trader Joes and a Walmart or a Target superstore. A Wendy would be nice as well as some decent restaurants. When I moved here they never mentioned we would be the ******* step children for so long. In 2009 they said retail was coming to 466a. I guess they meant the tire store since that is the only new place I can think of. We are on our knees down here. Oh yeah, put Costco on that list.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Where is the Sumter Service Center? There already is a Publix at Colony.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyc6 View Post
Where is the Sumter Service Center? There already is a Publix at Colony.
Duh! My bad! Forget the previous post--I know where that is.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.