Publix Covid website

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2021, 09:18 AM
Default Publix Covid website

I know this is a continuing issue but after waiting another 2 hours on the website, one of us actually got through with only a few spots available. Filling out the form, checking the location and repeating 5 times we gave up. The IT guy at Publix ought to be fired. Get someone who knows what they are doing!
Old 02-10-2021, 01:47 PM
Veteran member

We also got through this morning, had 5 devices going, got one of the last few left, going to Jacksonville Friday
Old 02-10-2021, 02:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I had tried five times, on the fifth try last Friday we got into the system after 40 minutes. By time I had entered the info, Marion (Mulberry) was gone, then Marion (Ocala) was gone, Citrus (Inverness) was gone, Hernando (Spring Hill/Brooksville) was gone. We finally go into Volusia and and the city of Deland. We have different days and two different Publix locations in Deland. I took my wife yesterday and tomorrow I go. It was about 60 miles but Via 25 to 42 to 44 it only took just over an hour to get there. I would try for Volusia if I were you.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I got Gainsville Publix late in the day on Saturday. Today was especially exciting because it took 2 hrs and 6 minutes to hit paydirt. I can only say that having a connection on the internet on my phone and another connection on the iPad seemed to do the trick. When I finished signing up myself on the phone like magic I connected on the iPad and was able to sign up our neighbors and their appointment is local. Go figure.

I have been very actively trying to make progress with an appointment but realize that so many people trying for so few spots is rough. I'm very grateful. I decided last week to not stress out about this anymore and whatdoyouknow. Paydirt.

Look around your neighborhood and see if there is someone you can help. I think that's what made the difference for me today.
Old 02-10-2021, 05:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

In my opinion, the Publix web site is a disgrace. This morning Marion (Mulberry) was allotted 600 doses. 600 doses for TV, ridiculous.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-10-2021, 05:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
In my opinion, the Publix web site is a disgrace. This morning Marion (Mulberry) was allotted 600 doses. 600 doses for TV, ridiculous.
I agree, but they have set up a limited capacity based on their in-house pharmacy personnel and space. I think most of what they are now doing now is the second dose, which were scheduled weeks ago.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

There are other sources available. We have had a number of our neighbors find the vaccine and not through Publix.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-10-2021, 06:17 PM

I know it is frustrating, but there are more and more sites that will be able to give the vaccines. I think Publix is to be commended; the more outlets that are available, the better it will be. Now there are more local Publix stores added; Walmart, And Winn Dixie are joining in. The GMR site was hopping when I went by yesterday! No one site can do it all, so if Publix, for example, has made their pharmacies vaccination sites and within their volume capability, they are one more site for us. I for one am grateful
Old 02-10-2021, 09:19 PM

I'm grateful as well but their website design is a disgrace. Why fill out the application every time a site you pick isn't available? That was my original point. I also think that in a few weeks the vaccine will be everywhere.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:01 AM

I can only see it getting worse. Unless more sites equals more vaccine the addition of more sites like Wal-Mart and Winn Dixie will only dilute the already limited supply.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperguy View Post
I know this is a continuing issue but after waiting another 2 hours on the website, one of us actually got through with only a few spots available. Filling out the form, checking the location and repeating 5 times we gave up. The IT guy at Publix ought to be fired. Get someone who knows what they are doing!
I agree. I had the same experience. It would make sense to just go back to another appt option rather than all the way back to the beginning of registration
Old 02-11-2021, 06:22 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperguy View Post
I had no problem. Signed into the site an hour before it opened. At the stated time,it dropped me right into the que and within 45 min, an application popped up. You can sign up 4 people at once so I added some friends. You may not get the location 2 minutes from your house, but there are numerous others to go to. Easy peasy
Old 02-11-2021, 06:27 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
The allotment to each publix is at their discretion. Why would you feel TV publix should get more? This isnt the only retirement community in the state. Though we would like to think so, we arent special. So, chill out, sign on each time it opens and wait your turn
Old 02-11-2021, 06:33 AM

My wife registered us on line with Lake County very quickly. They called her within the week and she scheduled both herself and me in less than 10 minutes (I listened as she answered a couple of questions). They sent us an email immediately with a link to a form to be filled out. We filled in the form and printed it out. It had a bar code at the top of the page. We took this printed form with us when we went two days later (Leesburg, Lake Mall). Arrived at 2:45 were completely finished at 3:45. Extremely well organized and very busy with dozens and dozens of staffers who were all polite, friendly and really good at what they were doing. From checking you in, crowd control, providing information as you were proceeding thru the line, giving injections and helping you exit. Whoever set this up and trained these people deserves an award. Hats off to Lake County! We will go thru the same process in three weeks for our 2nd shot.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:40 AM

I got an email from Winn Dixie two nights ago around 7 PM that they had vaccines available. Clicked on Florida, 21 north Florida stores available, first chose High Springs, one exit up from Gainesville, set appointment for this Tuesday, then, decided, wow, Beverly Hills/Lecanto is only about 45 minutes away... went in 15 minutes later and book that for next Wednesday... cancelled the other. Their website puts Publix to shame. I think Friday, now, the stores in Central Florida come on board to include the two here in The Villages. Go to Winn Dixie website for updated information.
Closed Thread

Tags
publix, website, guy, checking, location

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.