Publix vaccine website

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2021, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I went on yesterday morning at about 6:30 and got an appointment for Monday. Unfortunately, it's in Deland but I don't mind the one hour drive. I've never been to Deland. I also have been booked for a second dose on Feb 22.

I think that if I had gotten on earlier I might have gotten an appointment closer.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:42 AM

You are good. St the top of the page it will let you know you are in the quequr. Sometimes it doesn't go active until around 6:05. Then just wait and hope
Old 01-23-2021, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

The next day to sign up for appointments is January 27 and this is the website. When you first go on, it might say that it is busy and will be refreshed every minute. You have to hang in there and wait until it opens up. Once it does, you might not get an appointment close by but it seems that they are all within an hour's drive.

COVID-19 Vaccine in Florida | Publix Super Markets
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:24 AM

This is the most absurd situation. I have not been able to get in even after knowing a little about my phone and the computer and feel sorry for those of us who have flip phones and don’t have a computer and then they don’t even include pharmacies in our area! I tried two separate days with no luck so about to give up!
Old 01-23-2021, 08:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulat585 View Post
Am I doing something wrong? At 6 a.m. today when their website said appointments were available, there were no clickable boxes. Am I on the wrong page or what? This is where I was trying: COVID-19 Vaccine in Florida | Publix Super Markets
Nope, you are just working with a horribly designed system and process.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:09 AM
Default Gmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN48 View Post
Same problem. There are many software systems that can cope with thousands of users at one time. So far, none of the ones used by any vaccination site has worked well except Global Medical Response. They did such a good job, their vaccine supply was shut off!
There list is now being handled by the Health Department
Old 01-23-2021, 10:20 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgilcreast View Post
Why isn't Sumter or Lake county listed in the available counties?
Answer: Equipment and staff shortage. They only have so many pharmacists available. Next go-around, different counties may show up.

THANKS PUBLIX FOR HELPING OUT!

Skip
Old 01-23-2021, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
Nope, you are just working with a horribly designed system and process.
Agreed!
Old 01-23-2021, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,184 Times in 1,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltma View Post
There list is now being handled by the Health Department
GMR has a great website. At least they did not require you to be tied to your computer for what I've read, up to 2 hours and then be shut out. People were waiting to be contacted by GMR via either email or text message (which ever was chosen when they registered). GMR had it together until their vaccine supply was exhausted. Hope Sumter County can handle all those GMR appointments with those folks in line for their 2nd shots a priority.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:14 PM

very bad system
Old 01-24-2021, 11:26 AM

Error. Cant see how to delete
Old 01-24-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linedancingdottie View Post
I went thru this process earlier in the week and got thru. You are on the right page, but the website does not make those individual counties as "active links." As the page refreshes (every minute), eventually the message at the top will change to read something different (like, now slots are available to book appointments). Then you scroll down to bottom of page and the link will be there (BOOK APPOINTMENT). After you click on that, you will be redirected to another web page where you choose your county, etc.
You get another chance on the 27th I think. System is set up nicely, once you get in that is.
Dottie,
Please PM me. Trying to develop Publix sign guide up hints to help others. I'd like to add location and time selection hints. Don't want to add to the speculation mess before checking with others. Thanks
Old 01-30-2021, 01:07 AM

Just for the record, can we please use this thread to discuss Publix vaccination topics? Less confusing! Thanks

Publix Vaccine Website
Old 01-30-2021, 06:57 AM
Default Publix system flawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpk111 View Post
Dottie,
Please PM me. Trying to develop Publix sign guide up hints to help others. I'd like to add location and time selection hints. Don't want to add to the speculation mess before checking with others. Thanks
My wife and I went in yesterday morning to try and make an appointment. We were both on our phones at 5:55 AM. Nothing. At about 6:20 AM, I made the mistake of going to another website ( not Publix), thinking the Publix site would stay in my background. But I lost the site, had to go back in and get in line.... again..... thought I made a big mistake.....but.....after a minute, it told me I could book an appointment!!!!! My wife waited for 60 minutes, never getting a chance to even try and book an appointment. Oh yes, all of the appointments were taken when I tried about 6 different locations.

Dreadful system..... order in line means NOTHING!!!!

Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:04 AM

This is a very inefficient system for the "user(s)". Governor DeSantis should be required to get up at 5:30am and sit in front of a computer screen for 2 hours and watch the screen "refresh" every time Publix has a scheduling window. If he had to waste his time, like we are having to waste our time, perhaps he would insist on a more efficient process.
Closed Thread

Tags
website, wrong, boxes, page, clickable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.