Purpose of street easement

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2014, 07:42 PM

set back lines on your plot plan show where you can locate a bldg you cannot build a structure or any part of a structure any closer to your property line than the setback lines, a utility easement gives other people the right to work on your property or cross it to repair electric lines or whatever the easement is allowed for example when you buy a villa an easement is given by you for your neighbors driveway to cross your property to enter his garage and you have an easement to cross the other persons property to get to your garage look at someones villa deed and read the covenments thay pertain to that certain property

gbhor
Old 07-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

When we lived in Georgia we had a big electrical box on our property. I planted a forsythia bush to obscure it. Every 3 years the electric company came and chopped the bush down and painted the box. Thankfully it grew back rapidldy but I quickly learned that the electric company tolerated my bush until they needed access to repaint the box. They never asked me, they never warned me....they just chopped it back to a stub. It was within their rights yo do so.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger_kitty View Post
They violated their own right away/easement by building the driveway then!!!

Yes, they put a permanent surface across utilities. Good thing you did not have pavers.
Possibly the three foot line you see on the survey extends past easement to right of way, which in my case are 10 and13 feet.

Last edited by kittygilchrist; 07-08-2014 at 05:20 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Sage

Let the forum know of the outcome of the situation. It will be interesting to see what transpires.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:28 AM

Oh, I think it is done and DONE. The VCCD guy was firm!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.