House WAter pressure is LOW, city sprinklers on 5 days in row

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2016, 03:49 PM
Default House WAter pressure is LOW, city sprinklers on 5 days in row

Anybody else in the Northern village, I'm off of El Camino near the Savannah Center. The water pressure in my house bath and kitchen is low. I've noticed the Villages sprinklers along El Camino between Morse and Botello Ave, have been on for FIVE days in a row. Does this annoy anybody else, telephoned the Little Sumter CDD to whom I pay my water bill and they said they are aware of the sprinklers, and could care less about my homes water pressure.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
Anybody else in the Northern village, I'm off of El Camino near the Savannah Center. The water pressure in my house bath and kitchen is low. I've noticed the Villages sprinklers along El Camino between Morse and Botello Ave, have been on for FIVE days in a row. Does this annoy anybody else, telephoned the Little Sumter CDD to whom I pay my water bill and they said they are aware of the sprinklers, and could care less about my homes water pressure.
capecorallbill: If that is exactly what they said then its inexcusable. If that's not exactly what they said please relate verbatim what you were told?

What is it you would have them do? What is it they could do?
Old 02-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Those sprinklers have nothing to do with your drinking water. That water is being taken out of the catch basins to prevent flooding.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

You have problems within your house. Just Google low house pressure and you will find many diy suggestions to help your pressure.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

OP, as I was going down 466, I noticed the water was very high in the Saddlebrook golf course pond. I know that one of the ways we have flood control in The Villages is to run sprinklers in common areas when the water levels become high in ponds.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

My northern house is in a summer resort area. I installed a city water pressure booster and run it during the summer months maintaining 55 psi at all times.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Not sure if you have a water filter on your home but if so, it could be time for you to change the cartridge. I can tell right away when ours starts getting a lot of sediment in it. My hubby always puts the date on a piece of blue tape and attaches it to the filter. I usually start noticing lower pressure within a week of when it needs changing. Or another thought ... if you don't have a filter on your house, the screens on your faucets could be clogging up and holding back a good water flow. Try unscrewing them and see if that's the problem.
Good luck!!!!!!

Last edited by Phanatic Luvr; 02-08-2016 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:35 PM

Quote:
As others have said, the sprinkler system in TV is reclaimed water. The often even have them running during or right after heavy rain to control the water levels.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, sprinklers, pressure, house, camino, low, days, row, annoy, sumter, cdd, telephoned, bill, aware, care, homes, pay, villages, savannah, center, bath, city, northern, village, kitchen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.