Purse Taken at Cane Gardens

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Veteran member

Odd, the purse is on the back of a chair at an unoccupied table that is host to dirty dishes or empty beer bottles. The busboy sees nothing. The purse is found by a pool on a day to cold to be at the pool.
The Villages Florida
Old 02-08-2016, 05:15 PM
Platinum member

being found over the fence I lean toward someone walking through and taking the money and getting rid of the larger purse to avoid suspicion on themself.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:56 PM

I asked and they said no!!
Old 02-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Mr. Hogfan;

I am the one who keeps trying to tell you that lost articles are generally found and returned. AND they are. Far more often than where most of us lived before.

This is the high season. The place is filled with visitors and non invited guests like the "travelers" that were arrested a couple of days ago.

This unfortunate person lost her five iron and her purse this weekend. I KNOW what I would tell my kids. You all do too.
GG, please stop being naïve to think everyone here is as nice as you. Did the OP lose her 5 iron and purse or was it you? If it was you, was EVERYTHING returned as is?
Old 02-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMayor View Post
Odd, the purse is on the back of a chair at an unoccupied table that is host to dirty dishes or empty beer bottles. The busboy sees nothing. The purse is found by a pool on a day to cold to be at the pool.
The Villages Florida

Last edited by bagboy; 02-09-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave harris View Post
I see it all the time at WalMart and other stores, lady leaves her purse in the shopping cart and leaves to look at something. Criminals love this.
My wife has a D-ring on her purse and clips it to the basket when she goes to Wal-Mart or the grocery. Makes it hard to get the purse if she is distracted.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
When we go into any club/restaurant the only thing I have is ONE credit card/ my Village ID and my wife has her Village ID--And finally a car FOB-

Nothing else--all of the above fit easily in a shirt or pants pocket.
If my husband did that, both cards would be lost in a nano second. Or I'd be pulling them wet out of the washer. Or he would appear at the Winn Dixie checkout with a cart full of groceries and no way to pay for them.

Tags
purse, gardens, cane, told, table, pool, leave, day, chairs, call, back, chair, home, license, bucks, night, drivers, ladies, left, lawn, found, coin, money, threw, cash

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.