Putt an Play

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2017, 09:31 AM
Default Putt an Play

From the post I see, the putt an play in Fenney is popular. More of them need to be built in the older section of the Villages to make more access for more people. It will cut down on driving, wait times, parking issues. More is better in this case. Folks need to start pushing to get more built.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuannBlue View Post
From the post I see, the putt an play in Fenney is popular. More of them need to be built in the older section of the Villages to make more access for more people. It will cut down on driving, wait times, parking issues. More is better in this case. Folks need to start pushing to get more built.

WHERE would they be placed? There would be a lot of hollering if the Executive courses were taken away for that purpose ...in my opinion only.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-30-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Can someone who has been to Put and Play describe what it's like to use it?
Old 10-30-2017, 10:20 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Fenney Putt & Play
Old 10-30-2017, 02:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Apparently it is intended to discourage "main land" Villagers from using it. Official parking for cars is a1/2 mile walk down the road unless you park on nearby empty lots under development. On-site parking is only for golf carts, and so far I haven't heard of any special cart trails leading from " the main land".
Old 10-30-2017, 02:45 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 9922 View Post
Apparently it is intended to discourage "main land" Villagers from using it. Official parking for cars is a1/2 mile walk down the road unless you park on nearby empty lots under development. On-site parking is only for golf carts, and so far I haven't heard of any special cart trails leading from " the main land".
I don't play golf myself. I was asking because family is coming to visit this summer and they do golf so I wanted to be able to describe it to them.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:48 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Seriously? Why assume the worst?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
You want to be careful parking as they started ticketing cars that parked on Fenney Way blocking the golf car lanes. There is plenty of parking at the Blue Heron pool but it's a long walk. Also, they told us you can park at the sales office and someone will take you up in a golf car. They are trying to find a fix for this parking blunder but I don't know what it will be.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Trails have been announced.....in time they will be built.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:01 PM
Veteran member

It’s not golf. It’s putting, much like a miniature golf, but on real grass without the windmills and such. There are strangely shaped holes and you try and put your ball into the 6” hole in as little puts as possible. Yes, the holes are larger than regulation golf cups. In the grandchildren visiting season it will be wildly popular with the younger set that is not ready for an executive course. Right now it is popular because it is new. I’m not sure it will be bringing in cars in a year or so.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:58 AM
Veteran member

I can think of two places where a putt and play could be built in the older sections. One is the open area off 466 near Bealls/Home Goods. The other is the open space in Pinellas Plaza.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcdonald View Post
I can think of two places where a putt and play could be built in the older sections. One is the open area off 466 near Bealls/Home Goods. The other is the open space in Pinellas Plaza.
That would be fun....right in the middle of a commercial area.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Do Fenney residents resent "outsiders" coming to play? Hmmm.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuannBlue View Post
Obviously, you forgot about this thread: THAT NEW LAND PURCHASE UPDATE (Big Yellow Church)
This is the first post:
"Was at the "Where does your money go" talk last night at Savannah Center. It lasted about two hours, and was very informative.
During the presentation, the new land purchase of 20 acres and the old church building was discussed. They are looking to make this a very special recreation area. With the strong possibility of adding another Putt & Play like they have in the new Fenney location. The new pool will be much different then what most of the other recreation centers currently have. They figure it will take about 20 months before everything is in place.
The current building at this site use to be the former church and is in excellent condition. It will be turned into a recreation center. They said the building will probably only need minimal changes. The outside area is what they want to really concentrate on."

There ya go ... another might be on the way - and in the northern parts of TV.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Do Fenney residents resent "outsiders" coming to play? Hmmm.
I don’t it’s nice to see that others are driving down to enjoy our amenities. There are plenty of times that no one uses the course same goes for the zero entry pool and rec center bar and grill. Now if we can just get some commercial development down here all would be good.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I don’t it’s nice to see that others are driving down to enjoy our amenities. There are plenty of times that no one uses the course same goes for the zero entry pool and rec center bar and grill. Now if we can just get some commercial development down here all would be good.
I agree with you to one point. “Down to enjoy our amenities”, did you mean your or the collective “our”. I think I know your answer from your previous posts.😎

Tags
putt, built, play, times, parking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.