Putt an Play

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2018, 04:08 PM
Default Putt and play

Went to Fenney today to try the putt and play. It soon became obvious that villagers not living in Fenney are discouraged from playing there. No vehicle parking within 1/2 mile, only golf cart parking. If that is the design of putt and play courses, then I am not a fan of them. No handicap accessibility except via golf cart, not that I am handicapped, but I am a supporter of making everything accessible to them.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:35 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I would like to see a short game practice area simular to the one at Sarasota be built north of 466 rather than a putt and play. Just a wish.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgstarnes View Post
Went to Fenney today to try the putt and play. It soon became obvious that villagers not living in Fenney are discouraged from playing there. No vehicle parking within 1/2 mile, only golf cart parking. If that is the design of putt and play courses, then I am not a fan of them. No handicap accessibility except via golf cart, not that I am handicapped, but I am a supporter of making everything accessible to them.
Interesting. If you are a Villages resident you can rent a golf cart for $3 to play executive golf in Fenney. Can you park your car at the executive courses at Fenney pay $3 for a cart and drive to the put and play ?
Old 04-02-2018, 07:26 PM
Veteran member

There is an interesting putting course at Palmer, near the Riley starter shack. If it isn’t reserved for little tournaments it is available to anyone. There are driving ranges at both Lopez and Palmer, and short game practice areas at both, though the Palmer areas may be reserved for lessons.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Interesting. If you are a Villages resident you can rent a golf cart for $3 to play executive golf in Fenney. Can you park your car at the executive courses at Fenney pay $3 for a cart and drive to the put and play ?
THREE whole dollars?!

How dare they!!

Old 04-02-2018, 08:54 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I was shocked to find that out. They've built a village five miles from The Villages. We're all supposed to have equal access to all the amenities but you'd have to live in Fenney in order to use this unless you want to take a long walk to get there.

It's at least a half mile from the parking area. Then you're on your feet all the time that you're playing and then another half mile back to your car. This seems to be unfair to the rest of us Villagers.

I also have a complaint about when we go to play Red Fox and Grey Fox. When residents of Fenney come to the mainland to play golf, they are given a cart free of charge. But when those of us that live north of Rte 44 go down there to play, we have to pay for a cart. I realize that they're trying to sell houses in Fenney, but it wouldn't hurt them to be fair to the rest of us.
Doc, you have some fake news here:

1. You do not have to walk half a mile. The Villages is allowing parking right across the street (yes it is on dirt) until they figure out something better. I know this is true as I parked there last week along with 15 or so other cars.

2. The only FREE cart Fenney residents get north of 44 is at Country Club Championship Courses, since they have none in Fenney and no way to drive a cart from there. If they come up to play Executive Courses, they have to rent a cart at the nearest CC or walk. They pay for it.

3.It's the same distance both directions, so when it comes to equal access, it's fair to all.
Closed Thread

Tags
putt, built, play, times, parking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.