Quantum Fiber

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2023, 10:27 AM
Default Office

Do they have an office location near The Villages?
Old 05-04-2023, 11:09 AM

I’ve used them for 2 years now. My only gripe is they quoted $65 a month for life. Last month they raised my monthly to $75 a month and not for life this time. When I called to complain I had to ask for a supervisor and they finally offered me a $60 discount. That’ll be good for 6 months and then I’ll start the process again. Buy they have been reliable and they are fairly quick to respond, usually next day.
Old 05-04-2023, 12:22 PM
Default Fiber Optic in St. John’s

Does anyone happen to know if fiber optic internet is available in The Village of St. John’s ? Even if it’s not Quantum ? TIA
Old 05-04-2023, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmaynard129 View Post
Does anyone happen to know if fiber optic internet is available in The Village of St. John’s ? Even if it’s not Quantum ? TIA
Wouldn't you think they missed a humongous opportunity to score a whopper amount of business with all the new construction? I did a search in the St. Johns area and came up with a zero.

I desperately want Fiber Optic Service but I don't think it looks too good so, whateareyougonnado?
Old 05-04-2023, 02:40 PM
Veteran member

Centric Fiber is in some of the newer villages.

Centric Fiber
Old 05-04-2023, 09:16 PM
Default Centurylink - Horrible Customer Service

Just experienced two days outage with CenturyLink, which I believe is the same company. Horrific customer service, to say the least. The service is good when it works, the price is ok, but you will regret having them if you ever have a problem and need service and/or support.
Old 05-04-2023, 09:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by polirudb View Post
Just experienced two days outage with CenturyLink, which I believe is the same company. Horrific customer service, to say the least. The service is good when it works, the price is ok, but you will regret having them if you ever have a problem and need service and/or support.
Now that you mention it this was the reason I ended up at XFINITY. I had no other option. Centurystink screwd da pooch several times and when I increased my speed with them they canceled my service within an hour and scheduled me for the update about a week later. Not good.

XFINITY was there that afternoon and had me up and running so to be honest I guess they saved the day. All of these companies will drive you nuts if you let them.

I'm thrilled for the people that Quantum worked out for. Wish I was one of them but I took a two-year deal with Xfinity that can't be beaten price-wise. I just don't like that they reward new customers and throw reliable people onto their begging list which I won't do, ever.
Old 05-05-2023, 10:18 AM

We switched to quantum fiber about 4 months ago. Free install, 4 pods, 200M service for $30 a month including taxes. No problems so far.
Old 05-09-2023, 07:41 AM
Red face

Just switched to Quantrum Fiber after major hassle with Xfinity (who never showed up for install and kept putting install date further out) We dealt with several Quantrum Fiber techs
who installed quickly and made sure everything was working - had a tech check on us 3 days in a row --happy with the internet speed
Old 05-09-2023, 10:13 AM
Default Reply

Had Comcast/Exfinity, then they had a big cost increase, thus goodbye.
Found Quantum at $30./Mo. for internet, made the change.
Work fine, no issues at all!
Old 05-09-2023, 10:48 AM
Veteran member

They are doing the final part of my install today. Last week they put a box outside my home to protect the fiber cable. Today, the inside and final connections.
Old 05-10-2023, 05:53 AM
Veteran member
Default All Done!

Quantum came on time yesterday to finish the inside install. The back office messed up the order so the tech had some issues but he persisted and solved everything. I'm up and running both wired and wireless and all seems great!
Old 05-10-2023, 06:31 AM

I had it installed last Friday, replacing CenturyLink. Twice the speed at half the price. I at first clicked a link I got from a Quantum email a year ago. It said the deal was no longer good and to click a message link. A tech got on the chat session and told me I was already on Quantum. Incorrect. Other erroneous answers and unhelpful instructions with links to forms that wouldn't work. While on hold, I went to Quantum's website and filled out a form there. When the CenturyLink person returned to the chat, he offered another unhelpful instruction and I just said goodbye. A Quantum tech came out a few days later (an hour late) and got it switched over (swapped the fiber-Ethernet converter box to an in-garage model, but used the same fiber connection and switch port that was there). He told me I have to cancel the CenturyLink myself and return the router. He also told me not to tell CenturyLink that I switched to Quantum or else they may shut off both accounts when I call to cancel the old one. I took the router to a CenturyLink location in Spanish Springs (as shown in Google Maps), but it was no longer there. I think they must have shut down all the brick and mortar offices here. So I called and they had me ship the old router to them with a label they supplied. It was an awkward switchover to another part of the same company (Lumen). I wish they had their act together more, but am happy with the speed and reliability, which was good as CenturyLink as well.
Old 05-10-2023, 10:07 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlhig View Post
Has anyone switched to Quantum Fiber for their internet service? Thoughts?
I recently got Quantum Fiber & I agree with many of the posters here. The service is good, I got the 200 Mbps with their equipment (for now). When I tested the upload & download speed it was less than advertised, but still well over 100 Mbps speedier than my previous cable internet connection, so I am happy. The customer service & their internet site however, could be improved upon. Hopefully their advertised 'super-reliable' connection will prove true & I will never have to deal with them again. Well aside from when I return their equipment. My woes with them started with their internet site. I signed up for the service, indicated which speed & that I wanted their equipment & all was good. I gave my credit card & they processed the charge. They gave me an appointment date & time range for installation. Everything was looking good. I absolutely made it all the way to the very end of their process. So I sit back to wait for my installation. The day arrives & no tech shows up. My installation window was in the morning, when the window passed, I started to call them. A seemingly friendly but mostly unhelpful person answered the call. He informed me that a tech would show up within the window. I pointed out that the window had already passed. He let me know that most of the work was done at a switching station & when they are done there they will show up. But just in case he gave me a different number to call. I called the new number & these people were more helpful, but just barely. It turns out I was not in the system & I was not scheduled. But they could indeed see that my credit card had been charged.
The end result was they needed me to go through the on-line process again, reorder the service, reschedule the install, resubmit my credit card. This is how I am absolutely certain that I made it through completely the first time & that it was a glitch on their end, because I did everything the same, and got to the same endpoint. This time however, the system got my information & they issued a refund for my first credit card charge. But, I was now looking at another week's wait for internet service. Very disappointing. They were unable to expedite my install even though the mistake was on their end. Unbelievable. When the new install date rolled around, I got a call from the tech & he said 'he had just gotten the work order for my installation' What????? They've had it for over a week! But he would get to me as soon as he could. He did arrive, was very helpful & competent & I finally got connected to the internet. So, from this I concluded that their system is not only glitchy to customers but also to their own employees. As I mentioned there are several areas that need improvement, but once you have the actual service it is good.
Old 05-10-2023, 10:58 AM
Veteran member
Default Btw:

By the way...

If you order Quantum fiber and mention any of us that have it you get $100 and the person you name gets $100.

Just sayin
Closed Thread

Tags
quantum, fiber, switched, internet, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.