Infants On Lap in Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2023, 05:29 PM
Veteran member
Default Infants On Lap in Golf Carts

I’ve seen in the past passengers in a golf cart with an infant on their lap but today I saw something much worst.

The driver and passenger of a golf cart both had infants on their laps while whipping around the MMP.

No seat belts or anything.

This is insane and CPS or law enforcement should be called if you know who is doing this.

It's against the law to not have an infant in a baby seat in a car how can it be legal to have an infant on your lap while you driving in an open golf cart?

Insane!
Old 02-07-2023, 05:37 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

[QUOTE=JGibson;2184792]I’ve seen in the past passengers in a golf cart with an infant on their lap but today I saw something much worst.

The driver and passenger of a golf cart both had infants on their laps while whipping around the MMP.

This is insane and CPS or law enforcement should be called if you know who is doing this.

Maybe laws have never been written for golfcarts, bikes, ATV's ?
What about boats ? Are their laws about what you must do when you take your baby on your boat ? Bottom line, MANY dangerous practices, never be able to legislate all possible factors. We USED to rely on INTELLECT, an inner voice that "told" us how to keep our children as "safe as possible". Was it Forrest Gump who said "you can't cure stupid". Have you ever seen a toddler STANDING on the "baby seat" of a shopping cart ? Yet, there IS A SEAT BELT ON THOSE SHOPPING CARTS !
Old 02-07-2023, 05:40 PM

I quess no one told you about the rules:
Rule #127 Article 3: Snowbirds and Visitors are allowed to do whatever they want.
Old 02-07-2023, 05:42 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

You can't save the world it's time we all should mind our own business
Old 02-07-2023, 05:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,613 Times in 946 Posts

I saw a 4 year old in the basket behind the seats, with grandpa driving.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:23 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

[QUOTE=JGibson;2184792]I’ve seen in the past passengers in a golf cart with an infant on their lap but today I saw something much worst.

What about boats ? Are their laws about what you must do when you take your baby on your boat ? Bottom line, MANY dangerous practices, never be able to legislate all possible factors. We USED to rely on INTELLECT, an inner voice that "told" us how to keep our children as "safe as possible". Was it Forrest Gump who said "you can't cure stupid". Have you ever seen a toddler STANDING on the "baby seat" of a shopping cart ? Yet, there IS A SEAT BELT ON THOSE SHOPPING CARTS !
Old 02-07-2023, 06:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

[QUOTE=Pairadocs;2184819]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
I’ve seen in the past passengers in a golf cart with an infant on their lap but today I saw something much worst.

"Mama always said, Stupid is as stupid does..."

- Forrest Gump

"You can't fix stupid"

- Ron White

The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 02-07-2023, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:

It's against the law to not have an infant in a baby seat in a car how can it be legal to have an infant on your lap while you driving in an open golf cart?

Insane!
I worked a fatality accident once on a 6 month old where the mom had the baby in her lap and their vehicle was hit by a drunk driver.

I was the first on the scene as a Trooper. It was so devastating that the parents split up a short time later.

If people carrying their infants on their lap in the carts could have experienced what I did, they would never do it. I worked that wreck in 1983 and I can still recall every detail about it to this day.
Old 02-08-2023, 05:32 AM

I've seen a kid standing in the back strapped in like a golf bag driving down the street in Spanish springs. Beat that one.
Old 02-08-2023, 05:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,590 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:

Insane!
OP since you are newer to TV, you just have experienced the Grandparents stupidity yet. Not snowbirds, but full time resident that grandkids can do no wrong, which means grandparents lost common sense, or never had it.

Wait till you see Kids riding on the back of a golf cart strapped in where golf clubs go. Young kids riding on the back 4 seater with no belts used, and two sitting on the floor with their feet dangling between the bar.

Then again small dogs have fallen out of a cart while turning, so hopefully they don’t have grandkids. But the best is

Kids under age of 14 driving cart alone, or grandparents who put a toddler in their Lap to steer the cart on a road next to cars. Guess some grandparents must have the attitude that grandchild, are like pancakes, the first one can be a throw away because it turns out a little wonky.
Old 02-08-2023, 06:08 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,142 Times in 883 Posts

OP that does sound incredibly irresponsible. But to lighten things up, I laughed my head off when I saw a lady with her dog in the front seat of a golf cart yesterday, and the husband in the back area, looking so uncomfortable.
The Villages version of "in the doghouse"?!
Old 02-08-2023, 06:09 AM
Veteran member

A useless post
Old 02-08-2023, 06:38 AM

Quote:

Insane!
To add to this concern, what about a child driving a golf cart on the street with an adult in the cart? Is that the adult’s decision only or the concern of others who might be affected?
Old 02-08-2023, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,383 Times in 2,521 Posts

Watch this video, and weep for unrestrained kids!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2-_fSRT18o
Old 02-08-2023, 06:59 AM
Send a message via AIM to lisahathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! View Post
I quess no one told you about the rules:
Rule #127 Article 3: Snowbirds and Visitors are allowed to do whatever they want.
Why do you assume it was a Snowbird driving the golf cart? I’ve seen plenty of full time residents here do stupid things.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, lap, infant, infants

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.