Fenney - Gas and Electric Hookups

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2018, 02:02 PM
Default Fenney - Gas and Electric Hookups

I know the houses in Fenney are setup for gas appliances. But in the laundry room areas, can anyone tell me if they preped for both gas and electric dryers? Or does one need to hire an electriction to run a 220 service for an electric dryer? Or is the wiring ran and it just needs a plug to be installed?
From a future Villager, I thank you in advance.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:13 PM

It may depend on the actual builder of the home but I believe most or all should be "plumbed" for electric from the breaker panel to the laundry room/area. Mine already had a breaker installed and was wired all the way to behind the dryer. All I had to do was wire the outlet in, turn the breaker on and it was hot and ready to go to plug in the dryer. Some may just be wired between the two but not have the breaker in the panel already. An electrician is always recommended but how-to's for wiring in a breaker and/or the plug can easily be found online if you trust yourself enough to DIY it. I had done it before and had no problem doing it myself. But if you have any doubts, it's better to get a professional to do it as opposed to burning something down.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
I know the houses in Fenney are setup for gas appliances. But in the laundry room areas, can anyone tell me if they preped for both gas and electric dryers? Or does one need to hire an electriction to run a 220 service for an electric dryer? Or is the wiring ran and it just needs a plug to be installed?
From a future Villager, I thank you in advance.
We purchased in Fenney. The wiring was done and breaker installed for 220V in laundry room and for electric range. I installed a receptacle in the laundry room for an electric dryer. I noticed in the last few homes we looked at they were only set up for gas.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:53 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Ours was set up for both but we wanted to use a gas dryer so didn't need the outlet. It sure is nice cooking with gas again.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF Doc View Post
We purchased in Fenney. The wiring was done and breaker installed for 220V in laundry room and for electric range. I installed a receptacle in the laundry room for an electric dryer. I noticed in the last few homes we looked at they were only set up for gas.
Ditto with my Fenney home.
Closed Thread

Tags
electric, gas, fenney, dryer, wiring

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.