Question about Dabney Area

Old 05-07-2024, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
Sound barriers are usually built when a new road or highway is put in AFTER houses are already built. If you build a house near an existing highway, they should not be required to build a sound wall and it would be at their discretion. To expect the state to spend millions of dollars on sound walls to accommodate people bothered by noise is absurd. You knew the road was there when you bought the house.

The are adding 4 lanes to the Turnpike which has required the addition of sound barriers through areas less congested than here along the Turnpike.

More info here:

Turnpike Widening US27 to I75

Last edited by Altavia; 05-07-2024 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-07-2024, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Do yourself a favor and skip it. There are 501 Zillow, 428 Redfin and 661 realtor.com MLS listings. Add to that the many, many new construction homes available in the Villages in this buyer’s market. The huge inventory problem gives you many advantages. Dabney should be the last choice on anyone’s radar.
so your opinion is now like fact...ok cool. Lazy people looking lazy and foolish...it's amazing down here..haters gonna hate
Old 05-07-2024, 01:36 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,134 Times in 561 Posts
Default No hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass288 View Post
so your opinion is now like fact...ok cool. Lazy people looking lazy and foolish...it's amazing down here..haters gonna hate
You are confused. I was just trying to clarify, “Why would anyone want to move to Dabney?” And really, why would they? There are a ton of options out there besides a remote village.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 05-07-2024, 01:39 PM

Quote:
You are confused. I was just trying to clarify, “Why would anyone want to move to Dabney?” And really, why would they? There are a ton of options out there besides a remote village.
packaging and presentation are everything
Old 05-07-2024, 02:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Do yourself a favor and skip it. There are 501 Zillow, 428 Redfin and 661 realtor.com MLS listings. Add to that the many, many new construction homes available in the Villages in this buyer’s market. The huge inventory problem gives you many advantages. Dabney should be the last choice on anyone’s radar.
You do, of course, realize that neither zillow, redfin, nor Realtor.com are brokerages and they simply pull the listings from MLS. They all have mostly the same listings. So you can't add all those listings up for a total.

Plus, if you see my previous post, lots coming to Dabney area if people plan to stay a few years. Bridge over the turnpike, tunnel under 470 to new commercial area, most likely. A 10 minute cart ride to Eastport isn't remote.
Old 05-07-2024, 03:02 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,134 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
You do, of course, realize that neither zillow, redfin, nor Realtor.com are brokerages and they simply pull the listings from MLS. They all have mostly the same listings. So you can't add all those listings up for a total.

Plus, if you see my previous post, lots coming to Dabney area if people plan to stay a few years. Bridge over the turnpike, tunnel under 470 to new commercial area, most likely. A 10 minute cart ride to Eastport isn't remote.
There will be a bridge across the interchange of 470 and 91, but it is doubtful that tiny little golf carts will also be utilizing it. This isn’t Bexley Trail we are talking about. The Villages created a road with a golf cart path, and then after it was complete, turned it over to the county. 470 is already a county road and bridge. Its landings are on state owned easements. It’s a totally different 4 lane beast with 4 exit entrances to tend with and the possibility of toll installations as well.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Normal; 05-07-2024 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-07-2024, 03:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
There will be a bridge across the interchange of 470 and 91, but it is doubtful that tiny little golf carts will also be utilizing it. This isn’t Bexley Trail we are talking about. The Villages created a road with a golf cart path, and then after it was complete, turned it over to the county. 470 is already a county road and bridge. Its landings are on state owned easements. It’s a totally different 4 lane beast with 4 exit entrances to tend with and the possibility of toll installations as well.
The Villages developer has the contract to build the 470 bridge over the turnpike. They are expanding this to 4 lanes so a completely new bridge will be needed. A golf cart path over the bridge makes sense. I trust Don Wiley's opinion.

Skip to 35:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHFXi9oBVf0&t=3528s
Old 05-07-2024, 03:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
The Villages developer has the contract to build the 470 bridge over the turnpike. They are expanding this to 4 lanes so a completely new bridge will be needed. A golf cart path over the bridge makes sense. I trust Don Wiley's opinion.

Skip to 35:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHFXi9oBVf0&t=3528s
Correct, as mentioned seveal places previously, pedestrian access is required for new bridges. Not a big leap to make them MMP's.

For example, the WEST ORANGE TRAIL BRIDGE REPLACEMENT provided a path similar to a MMP across the Turnpike.

I'm predicting the same for the old, south Warm Springs bridge. The power transmission lines were already relocated south.

These changes are budgeted for 5+ years from now.

We can inform people but we can't make them understand ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7648.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	104022  

Last edited by Altavia; 05-07-2024 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,628 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Was thinking mostly of road noise from turnpike. Going numerous times will show how noisy it gets depending upon traffic combined with wind direction
Pike noise is really determined by the weather, then the time of day. We set a trail camera on our lot before any building started, for 7 days. Humming during the day, or night, but if the wind was blowing away from our area, you have no idea pike is even there.

Areas that don’t have walls, Durning heavy fog or rain pike with very little traffic, it can sound like freight train going through at times.

Areas that has walls, the noise travels upward, so neighborhoods that live closer to the wall its quieter than at Clarendon recreation pool, that is at entrance of Richmond.
Old 05-07-2024, 10:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Was thinking mostly of road noise from turnpike. Going numerous times will show how noisy it gets depending upon traffic combined with wind direction
Turnpike is pretty consistent, we set up trail camera for a week, before building started. unless you looked at the time you really didn’t notice much change in the humming, unless it was foggy or very windy

But we have walls next to the turnpike. Open areas are a different story. It’s pretty much the same anytime of day
Old 05-08-2024, 09:30 AM
Default Misconception

There seems to be MANY who are confused about who pays for what in Florida. News flash, the county pays for everything concerning your roads, not the mystical developer. Sumter county paid 50 million to the developer for Southern Oaks roads and the upgraded bridge. The developer initially paid for the construction, but then was paid back. There was minimal reimbursement from some state taxes. It was the main reason 3 commissioners lost elections a couple of years back.

I do hope for more bridges because we own in Dabney. Lake county hasn’t been clear on what’s going on but has to abide by the Sunshine law concerning public roads. Nothing has been released, so nothing has been determined about golf cart paths. I doubt our commissioners want a repeat of prison time like Sumter commissioners had.

If someone’s says they are putting a golf cart accessible bridge or not placing a golf cart accessible bridge in, they live off of conjecture. Zero announcements have been made on the subject. By law nothing can be done in secrecy.

Fairfax VA
Stamford CT
Rye NH
Provincetown MA

Last edited by DrMack; 05-08-2024 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-08-2024, 02:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMack View Post
There seems to be MANY who are confused about who pays for what in Florida. News flash, the county pays for everything concerning your roads, not the mystical developer. Sumter county paid 50 million to the developer for Southern Oaks roads and the upgraded bridge. The developer initially paid for the construction, but then was paid back. There was minimal reimbursement from some state taxes. It was the main reason 3 commissioners lost elections a couple of years back.
No matter how you slice and dice it, the homeowners ultimately pay.

The Villages is adding three billion dollars a year to the local property tax base that ultimately pays for everything via the property owners.

Quote:

By law nothing can be done in secrecy.
LOL - How long have you lived here?

Everything is decided and many things done before announced.
Old 05-08-2024, 04:25 PM
Default Law Applies to Government

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
No matter how you slice and dice it, the homeowners ultimately pay.

The Villages is adding three billion dollars a year to the local property tax base that ultimately pays for everything via the property owners.

LOL - How long have you lived here?

Everything is decided and many things done before announced.
Total 8 years in Florida part time between Lady Lake, Ft. Lauderdale and now Clearwater. I get what you say. The facts we know are that the developer will be reimbursed 6.5 million and a credit for the widening of the road to 4 lanes. The agreement could be amended at a later Lake Co. commissioner’s meeting! We will wait and see. Leslie Campione would make anything public if it helped her. I’m sure when modifications are made she will make a statement before minutes are released the following day of the monthly meeting.

Keep your fingers crossed

Fairfax VA
Stamford CT
Rye NH
Provincetown MA

Last edited by DrMack; 05-08-2024 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Total 8 years in Florida part time between Lady Lake, Ft. Lauderdale and now Clearwater. I get what you say. The facts we know are that the developer will be reimbursed 6.5 million and a credit for the widening of the road to 4 lanes. The agreement could be amended at a later Lake Co. commissioner’s meeting! We will wait and see. Leslie Campione would make anything public if it helped her. I’m sure when modifications are made she will make a statement before minutes are released the following day of the monthly meeting.

Keep your fingers crossed
It's interesting to watch how things develop.

Turnpike design just started so not much solid expected fur 12 mo.

I'm betting the new interchange will be about a mile south of the existing ;-)
Old 05-08-2024, 06:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Maybe the reason for all the houses for sale is they found a house and an area they loved, and moved to the new southern neighborhoods. Believe it or not there are many very happy people that live in Dabney.

Just because you think Dabney residents made bad investments, doesn’t mean they feel the same. After all, those residents chose the area, you didn’t back them financially, so why do you care so much?

We gave a long hard look at moving to Enclave, because it was to be the next Premier neighborhood. We changed our mind because it wasn’t to be a premier neighborhood only. It would have been house #5.

Tags
dabney, area, sewer, question, treatment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.