Question about Life Style Visits

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Question Question about Life Style Visits

Hello everone ....

I have a question about the number of visits it has taken people before they bought a home in the Villages.

We were there this July for a short 4 night stay because we felt we had to look at this place due to the great reports we had read. I didnt think we were going to like it, BUT I was wrong --we of course loved it and more or less have decided we will buy here within the next year .

We wanted to return in early December to see what things were like here in the winter months and to look at new and resales . We might even buy something if we found the perfect deal.

Today we called and were told that we were only allowed 1 visit ?? but they would check with our salesperson ??

My Question --On an average how many visits does it take to commit and where do people stay if not in the villages ? ---
Old 10-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Kelsie,

I had visited a friend here once and fell in love with TV. My hubs and I came down and stayed with them fr a few days to see if he loved it too. During that time we looked at a few open houses, but did not talk to an agent at the Sales Center. We came last Nov for a LSV and stayed about 5 days. During that time we met with a sales rep and looked at homes and villa styles we were interested in, having done a lot of research on line. We looked at both new and re-sales.

Then it was time to wait for the house to sell - which it did on Christmas Eve. I came back again and stayed at the Marriot in SS. Another good place to stay is the Waterfront in LSL. Picked out a lot and and put down a deposit then.

So, essentially three visits.

The story on how many LSVs seems to change with the wind. I think it all depends how busy they are and if they sense you are a true buyer vs a tire kicker (hence the call to your sales rep.)

Good luck...

k
Old 10-09-2009, 01:23 PM

We had decided ahead of time to look both at TV and Palm Beach County. There was such a stark contrast that our decision was obvious. We arrived in TV on July 2 for the Lifestyle tour. We closed on our house on August 3.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:48 PM

We have been there three times but we are serious about buying just have cancer now which is a temp hold up.

I don't blame them for restricting to one visit if you are only a tire kicker. But if your serious I would think they will try to help ya.

aj
Old 10-09-2009, 01:49 PM

Kelsie - last March I received an email inviting me take another "life style" visit. I believe we had a choice of three different houses and several options on number of days (up to seven). I can't believe they are not doing this anymore. We have had two LSV's over the years and been offered at least two others. We rent Jan/Feb each year for the last 7 seven years and don't really have an interest in buying because of other real estate holdings. Call your sales person and I bet they will offer another visit.
Good Luck
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 10-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Veteran member

We had 1 LSV and were ready to sign on the dotted line then. But the next year we rented for a month and I'm glad we did. We got to see many more new and resale and ended up with a resale that we just love. We think it is much better and was certainly a better deal than the new one we almost bought.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 10-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Default Life Style Visits

We made two lifestyle visits - once we stayed in the cottages at Lake Sumter Landing and the second time we indicated an intention to buy and asked to stay in the type of home we were considering. We bought shortly after that.

I'm not surprised to find TV limiting lifestyle visits. If you check old posts on this board, you'll find folks that would come for "lifestyle visits" year after year without any intention of buying. In short, they were using TV as a resort. The sales people spend a lot of time and effort with potential buyers and can't afford to "give away the store" anymore.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:50 PM

Thanks for your quick responses..

UPDATE---- we were called back this afternoon by customer service and we were offered another visit, actually at a discount from the published rate ----except with no perks. Discounts,food,movie etc --which is fine ...

We will be arriving the day after Thanksgiving for 5 nights

Although we will kick tires --- The Test drive usually sells the Car.:
Old 10-09-2009, 05:45 PM

If are are working with a Villages salesperson they can arrange another visit.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:22 PM

I came for two lifestyle visits. The second one didn't have all the perks the first one had. Decided to buy in Amelia and will be moving in at the end of the month. I know a few people who have lived in TV for a few years and they all rave about it. Hope I enjoy it as much as they seem to.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

Don't forget to check with an outside sales agent if you want to look at resales.
TV will only show you homes they have listed, outside agents will show you the rest that are available (MLS listings)
So if you want to see everything....check with TV and an agent of your choosing outside of TV.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Veteran member
Default 3 stays

We had 3 visits, 1 in the townhouses near SS and 2 in the cottages at LSL. All have since been sold. We did rent at other times from private owners, and each time we contacted our agent to look at homes. He knew we were serious. When we bought we were offered another stay but bought and did not return until our house in the north was sold. We rented for 2 months while our home was being built.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.