Question for Fenney-ites. Are you bothered by the quarry?

Old 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM

I live in DeSoto (next to Fenney and further from the quarry), I can hear the equipment noise from the quarry when outdoors, funny thing its more noticeable on weekends.
Old 02-24-2024, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,391 Times in 2,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEBRONX View Post
And noise from the turnnpike and lack of facilities
And to what?
Old 02-24-2024, 11:22 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,394 Times in 1,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEBRONX View Post
And noise from the turnnpike and lack of facilities
Fenney does not have noise from the turnpike we are farther west and there are no facilities we are lacking down here. The only thing we don't have is congestion and traffic. Once you pull out of Fenney it is very rural and quiet. 301 south is a very relaxing ride as is 470 west over to Lake Pan. We are also very near to the turnpike making it a short run to Orlando and also much nearer to Tampa via 75 than those who live up north.
Old 02-24-2024, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,297 Times in 4,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
And old homes needing roofs and new HVAC systems, crowds, and lots of traffic.
Sad...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-24-2024, 08:50 PM
Default Fenney Village quarry and prison.

Down load the app, "findmy." That's one word. This app has a satellite view that is superior to Google Map and is much more recent. I live in Hammock at Fenney and the satellite view shows my car in my driveway. Google does not show that. If you expand the view over the Village of Fenney you will be able to see all three mines/quarries, the industrial parks, the prison, I75, the Florida Turnpike, where the new village of Coleman Ridge is being built and even where the soon to be O'Toole Industrial Park. Get to know the folks at the Wildwood City Hall Planning Department and they can maybe...let you know who's pulling what permits and perhaps what the zoning is for your area of interest. The developer is dealing with billions and billions of dollars, politicians, business people, investors, home owners, native Floridians, etc. They, The Developer, most likely does not want people like me knowing what their future plans are; I understand, but I want very much to know whats going on around my neighborhood. The word on the street is that the average Villager moves three times. I've met several whose third move proved to be not so good. I actually love my house and hope to stay in it for a long time to come, unless something unforeseen happens that I might find annoying. Hey, One Day At A Time. Don't Cross A Bridge You Haven't Come To Yet, remember, God's first language is silence, "Be still and know that I Am." Peace. Woodstock John :-)
Old 02-25-2024, 08:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,674 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
From my observations of threads on TOTV, the posters who do not live there are the most likely to perpetuate the negatives.
Most who live there, and post here, say there is no noise/light from Coleman, and quarry blasting is minimal, and hardly affects their lives at all.
Go down there and talk to the locals.
Most stuff here is anecdotal at best.
This thread proceeded exactly as predicted. Well done.
Old 02-25-2024, 08:49 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,394 Times in 1,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Sad...
Maybe therapy will help.
Old 02-25-2024, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Fenney does not have noise from the turnpike we are farther west and there are no facilities we are lacking down here. The only thing we don't have is congestion and traffic. Once you pull out of Fenney it is very rural and quiet. 301 south is a very relaxing ride as is 470 west over to Lake Pan. We are also very near to the turnpike making it a short run to Orlando and also much nearer to Tampa via 75 than those who live up north.
Yes to all of this from a DeLunatic who can hear the turnpike off in the distance. When we go to Fenney/DeSoto we never hear it. Gorgeous area!
Old 02-25-2024, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmollee View Post
Down load the app, "findmy." That's one word. This app has a satellite view that is superior to Google Map and is much more recent. I live in Hammock at Fenney and the satellite view shows my car in my driveway. Google does not show that. If you expand the view over the Village of Fenney you will be able to see all three mines/quarries, the industrial parks, the prison, I75, the Florida Turnpike, where the new village of Coleman Ridge is being built and even where the soon to be O'Toole Industrial Park. Get to know the folks at the Wildwood City Hall Planning Department and they can maybe...let you know who's pulling what permits and perhaps what the zoning is for your area of interest. The developer is dealing with billions and billions of dollars, politicians, business people, investors, home owners, native Floridians, etc. They, The Developer, most likely does not want people like me knowing what their future plans are; I understand, but I want very much to know whats going on around my neighborhood. The word on the street is that the average Villager moves three times. I've met several whose third move proved to be not so good. I actually love my house and hope to stay in it for a long time to come, unless something unforeseen happens that I might find annoying. Hey, One Day At A Time. Don't Cross A Bridge You Haven't Come To Yet, remember, God's first language is silence, "Be still and know that I Am." Peace. Woodstock John :-)
This app doesn’t come up in the Apple App Store when I search for it. Only Apple’s “Find My” (with the space) app is there that finds people, stuff with AirTags, etc.
Old 02-25-2024, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlnc View Post
We're looking at a home in the southern area of Fenney and wondering about noise from the quarry (and the prison for that matter). Is it bothersome? Thanks.
Been here 6 years, The quarry blast feels like a large truck going down the street. As for the prison I lived closer to one in my old home state. They are built for security. Come spend a day look at the pools the dog park, the pitch and putt. You will like it

Tags
quarry, question, fenney, bothersome, matter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.