Questions about restaurants in TV

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Default Questions about restaurants in TV

Hello!
I was wondering if any one would be so kind to answer what might seem like an obvious question?
On my first visit here I noticed many restaurants I had never heard of before( besides a few chains like TGI Fridays and Red Lobster). Are all of the restaurants in TV owned and operated by TV or do restaurant owners lease space from The Villages.

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doedee View Post
Hello!
I was wondering if any one would be so kind to answer what might seem like an obvious question?
On my first visit here I noticed many restaurants I had never heard of before( besides a few chains like TGI Fridays and Red Lobster). Are all of the restaurants in TV owned and operated by TV or do restaurant owners lease space from The Villages.

Thanks!
As far as I know only Katie Belles, and most, if not all, the country clubs, are owned by the developer. Most are in space leased from TV.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Platinum member

The "public" restaurants (i.e., Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Sweet Tomatoes, Burger King, etc., etc.) are owned or franchised by the chains, paying a fee to The Villages.

I'm not sure I agree with eweissenbach about the clubs. It's true that The Developer may still own the building, but the restaurants are run by outsiders - which helps explain why some are considerably better than (or worse than) others!

SWR
Old 04-26-2012, 02:47 PM

Thanks for the info!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
The "public" restaurants (i.e., Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Sweet Tomatoes, Burger King, etc., etc.) are owned or franchised by the chains, paying a fee to The Villages.

I'm not sure I agree with eweissenbach about the clubs. It's true that The Developer may still own the building, but the restaurants are run by outsiders - which helps explain why some are considerably better than (or worse than) others!

SWR
You are correct Steve, I should have been clearer. The country clubs are, for the most part, owned by the developer, but are managed independently.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.