Really

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2017, 08:19 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw14 View Post
We had Two Debris trucks & 6 guys at our house at the same time too pick-up our 46 bags of crap last Wednesday. I gave ALL of them a bottle of water..... Job well done Guys.....

Old 10-02-2017, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw14 View Post
We had Two Debris trucks & 6 guys at our house at the same time too pick-up our 46 bags of crap last Wednesday. I gave ALL of them a bottle of water..... Job well done Guys.....
Just wondering....was it your regular TV crew picking up your 46 bags of yard debris? I thought I had read in one of the CDD advisories that the damage south of 466A was not as severe as areas north of 466A. This is why TV was going to have their regular yard waste company begin clean up south of 466A. Is that correct?
Old 10-02-2017, 12:52 PM

I was taught the word "But" negates the positive things before it, so why even say the positive.... Just gripe and put down like you really want to. Yes there is much to clean up.... Yes there are people that will look out for themselves and throw trash elsewhere, ... Yes our pristine world took a beating and doesn't look like it usually does..... This is temporary, TV will get it done, and life will go back to normal, and hopefully some people will have to figure out what next to gripe about.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys37Packard View Post
I was taught the word "But" negates the positive things before it, so why even say the positive.... Just gripe and put down like you really want to. Yes there is much to clean up.... Yes there are people that will look out for themselves and throw trash elsewhere, ... Yes our pristine world took a beating and doesn't look like it usually does..... This is temporary, TV will get it done, and life will go back to normal, and hopefully some people will have to figure out what next to gripe about.
Just wondering......who did you direct this post to? It would be nice if you quoted the person you were responding to. Thanks.

The reason I question you is that I posted right before you posted this. I know this is not directed at my post because I did not use the word, "BUT".
Old 10-02-2017, 10:55 PM
Veteran member

Aren't there security cameras at the mail stations and rec centers?
Old 10-03-2017, 06:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Just wondering....was it your regular TV crew picking up your 46 bags of yard debris? I thought I had read in one of the CDD advisories that the damage south of 466A was not as severe as areas north of 466A. This is why TV was going to have their regular yard waste company begin clean up south of 466A. Is that correct?
We live North of 466 in Marion Co. It was our regular crew pick'in-up yard debris on Wednesday. I have no clue what they do South of 466 or 466A...
Old 10-03-2017, 10:26 AM

Certainly others have it much worse than we do in The Villages. Most of us are, and have been, patient with debris cleanup from Hurricane Irma. But while our hearts, prayers, and more go out to those suffering elsewhere, it doesn't mean that we aren't able to comment on what is a legitimate issue which does affect us, albeit in a less than life-threatening manner.

Common Area debris pickup, including that along major roadways, at postal stations, and on golf courses, likely should be handled by a FEMA contractor However, there was, and is, no reason that NORMAL yard waste collection has to be suspended for a MONTH .... which it has been in many villages. Most of the bags and small limbs could have been gone weeks ago, while The Villages management dealt with a lack of performance by FEMA contractors.

Again, not the end of the world, and it would be nice if we all treated each other with compassion and respect, no matter one's feelings on the subject.
Closed Thread

Tags
debris, residents, designed, handle, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.