Really Frustrated!!!

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2018, 04:17 PM
Veteran member

No show contractors was something we had to get used to when we moved to Florida.....very frustrating.....
Old 04-20-2018, 04:33 PM

I had the same problem with Nature's Own pressure washing. Never showed. called rescheduled and didn't show again. I think the problem is there is so much business here in the villages and so much growth in the future these companies just don't feel they need to worry about customer service.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:02 PM
Veteran member

I'm just so surprised at Investment Painting especially, they are so highly regarded by it seems like everyone here. Even if they were at Culver's with custard all over them, their phone should still work, no excuse to not call.
As for them having the wrong date, we'll see if they show up some other day, doubtful, but anything's possible. If by chance they do, I will let you know that also.

It was great to vent, I'm feeling much better now. Have a call in to Oscar's, cross your fingers
Old 04-20-2018, 05:07 PM
Platinum member

Steve Kling is great and he does a lot more than the other companies you mentioned. Replaces gaskets and works with Sherwin Williams who comes out and inspects the next day to ok everything before they, Sherwin, guarantees the job. All estimates I got were only about 100-200 apart but Steve Kling did more. He even replaced a door trim of ours (brickmold) that was cracked, no extra charge.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:23 PM
Veteran member

Thanks I'll give him a call also.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Missed Appointment

Please PM me with your phone number so that I may check my call log and find out what happened. It has been our company policy for over 50yrs to always return phone calls and arrive on time. I don't know what happened but I promise you I will find out. Thank You. Len & Chris
Old 04-20-2018, 10:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruMar View Post
I had the same problem with Nature's Own pressure washing. Never showed. called rescheduled and didn't show again. I think the problem is there is so much business here in the villages and so much growth in the future these companies just don't feel they need to worry about customer service.
Just want to verify with you that you are NOT referring to Nature's Way. I have always had excellent service with Nature's Way pressure washing our home.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
Thanks I'll give him a call also.
You spend all day bashing the painting company yet won't take the time to call them, that I do not understand. Of course I would be upset if a contractor was a no show, but I would make the effort to find out why.
Len has just posted that he will find out why they didn't show and let you know the reason. I hope you contact him.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:36 AM
Veteran member

We were also very satisfied with Steve Kling......
Old 04-21-2018, 10:45 AM
Veteran member

Steve Kling Best in The Villages.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
You spend all day bashing the painting company yet won't take the time to call them, that I do not understand. Of course I would be upset if a contractor was a no show, but I would make the effort to find out why.
Len has just posted that he will find out why they didn't show and let you know the reason. I hope you contact him.
I did not bash them, I simply stated that they did not show up as promised. I also stated how good they are and why I was so disappointed. All of my posts were BEFORE his message, so please don't state that I WON"T call him because I also stated that I would wait to see what they did and keep you informed. Slow down with your bashing of me please.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
I am sitting in my kitchen and just want to scream, but I'm afraid my neighbors will complain.

Twice this week, I have had no shows from business people that I have made appointments with and they both come highly recommended here on TOTV. I have waited and waited, no call, no show, nothing. I do a lot of work in preparation to be sure I'm ready for when they come, only to sit here waiting and waiting and waiting, I'm so mad.

You may be surprised at the first one, Investment Painting!!! First it took him 2 days to even return my phone call to make the appointment, then he doesn't even show up for that appointment. They came so highly recommended that I was really looking forward to working with them.

The second one is a housekeeper, Debbie Giroux, again she was highly recommended, we spoke and set up for her to be here today at 11:00, again, no call, and no show. I do a lot of prep work for a cleaner, I literally take everything off all shelves, bureaus and counters, so there is nothing to move around and everything off the floors except furniture.

I am so mad, why do people do business this way, can't they keep their own calendars straight, are they so busy, they overbook and just ignore some.

Thanks for listening and letting me vent.
A friend of mine had the same experience with Investment Painting. The next day he called Steve Kling and got the job done and was very satisfied with the result.

If a person doesn't show up, then I won't do business with them. If one does business with them, then if something goes wrong, they won't be back to make it right. IMHO

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-22-2018, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Bad generalization IMO. Does "hungry for work" necessarily mean "bad?" Oftentimes someone who is "Hungry for work" is actually HUNGRY and wants to WORK MORE/HARDER than the other guy so is willing to make a bit less to feed his family. That might be a good thing.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:34 AM
Veteran member

I'm happy to report that I met with Chris from Investment Painting. He was very nice and very apologetic. Guess he was also having a really bad day. We have set a day and time to get this project started. So all is well, can't wait for the finished project.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
I'm happy to report that I met with Chris from Investment Painting. He was very nice and very apologetic. Guess he was also having a really bad day. We have set a day and time to get this project started. So all is well, can't wait for the finished project.
I'm happy that you're happy. Apples to Apples all labor and material included Investment $1100 more than Kling. All the best companies were slammed with work at that point and were throwing big numbers out. You will be happy because they know you will report the results on TOTV'S.
Closed Thread

Tags
show, highly, call, recommended, waiting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.