Really impressed with the band 'Relic'

Old 05-08-2024, 11:41 AM
Veteran member
Default Really impressed with the band 'Relic'

My wife and I had dinner last night in Spanish Spring and got to listen to the band 'Relic', which we'd not heard before. I was impressed with all the instrument players (and really enjoyed the selection of 60s, 70s and 80s rock they played but I was completely blown away by the lead singer. They opened with a Queen song and he gave Freddy Mercury a run for his money. They played a couple of Led Zeppelin tunes and he blew Robert Plant away. Their cover of 'Paradise City' by Guns 'n' Roses was killer. He is simply the best rock vocalist I have ever heard play at any of the squares and the band does a great job supporting him. We will be looking for any time they come back to The Villages and will be in the audience for sure!

I've been posting for several years now and I've never done a fan letter to a band like this, so you have to believe I was honestly impressed.
Old 05-08-2024, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
My wife and I had dinner last night in Spanish Spring and got to listen to the band 'Relic', which we'd not heard before. I was impressed with all the instrument players (and really enjoyed the selection of 60s, 70s and 80s rock they played but I was completely blown away by the lead singer. They opened with a Queen song and he gave Freddy Mercury a run for his money. They played a couple of Led Zeppelin tunes and he blew Robert Plant away. Their cover of 'Paradise City' by Guns 'n' Roses was killer. He is simply the best rock vocalist I have ever heard play at any of the squares and the band does a great job supporting him. We will be looking for any time they come back to The Villages and will be in the audience for sure!

I've been posting for several years now and I've never done a fan letter to a band like this, so you have to believe I was honestly impressed.
We saw them at Sawgrass not long ago. Exact same impression!
Old 05-08-2024, 01:23 PM

Quote:

We like them as well. One of our favs. They actually play some music from the 90's. Which in TV is considered newer music. lol
I'm 67 but I get tired of all the old, overplayed music.

I'd love to see a band play music from the 2000's and change things up a bit. With more and more people retiring early, TV is slowly trending younger and the bands will need to start reflecting that change at some point.

It does seem like the entertainment committee is bringing in some different/new bands occasionally.
Old 05-08-2024, 01:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,181 Times in 5,402 Posts

Hope to see them soon
Old 05-08-2024, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,215 Times in 2,803 Posts

Totally agree, easily in the top three bands I have seen at the squares over many years. The lead singer has incredible pipes, the whole band is very talented and tight, and they play a really good variety of music. Unfortunately, they will probably get discovered by Disney, get offered a better contract (like the Hooligans), and eventually disappear from the regular rotation. Hopefully I’m wrong?
Old 05-08-2024, 03:14 PM

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I saw half a set a few nights ago in Sumter and wasn't impressed. Maybe it was just an off night?
Old 05-08-2024, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboutj View Post
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I saw half a set a few nights ago in Sumter and wasn't impressed. Maybe it was just an off night?
the only downside for me was the crowd, otherwise I felt like I was listening to my playlist
Old 05-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,479 Times in 549 Posts

We’ll have to check them out. Thanks!
Old 05-08-2024, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,350 Times in 2,071 Posts

Any videos of them?
Old 05-08-2024, 09:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,215 Times in 2,803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboutj View Post
This is a generalization, but I find many bands tend to play their best stuff during the last set between about 8:15 and 9:00. Early on they focus on playing stuff that will get people dancing. During their last set they often cut loose and let it rip with some good Rock and Roll.
Old 05-09-2024, 04:16 AM

Quote:

Best new band to play in The Village
Old 05-09-2024, 04:28 AM

Ditto. Totally agree!
Old 05-09-2024, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Any videos of them?
Plenty. Just check out their FB page.
Old 05-09-2024, 05:31 AM

My wife really liked them. I thought they were good, but I prefer the band Penta.
Old 05-09-2024, 06:19 AM
Default Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrylbell View Post
my wife and i had dinner last night in spanish spring and got to listen to the band 'relic', which we'd not heard before. I was impressed with all the instrument players (and really enjoyed the selection of 60s, 70s and 80s rock they played but i was completely blown away by the lead singer. They opened with a queen song and he gave freddy mercury a run for his money. They played a couple of led zeppelin tunes and he blew robert plant away. Their cover of 'paradise city' by guns 'n' roses was killer. He is simply the best rock vocalist i have ever heard play at any of the squares and the band does a great job supporting him. We will be looking for any time they come back to the villages and will be in the audience for sure!

I've been posting for several years now and i've never done a fan letter to a band like this, so you have to believe i was honestly impressed.
totally agree!!!!!!!!

Tags
band, impressed, played, heard, rock

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.