Reasons for leaving The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

[QUOTE=TommyT;700315]Rudeness of the people.
People stare at you when you are friendly.... no response
Impatience of the people.
People here can't drive... dangerous.
People here feel entitled and will let you know they feel this way.
Tired of people grabbing all the chairs in the squares hours before the event.
Tired of people grabbing and roping chairs and tables together during events hours and hours before the event.
Tired of people grabbing all the tables hours and hours before special events.
People doing as they please with property and compliance does nothing to enforce the rules.
People coming up to you in the square demanding you get out of their chair.... when the chair was empty when you sat.
The list will continue.......
And the powers to be do NOTHING !!!!!
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
Yes, I have [/QUOTE

Wow! I hope this in jest..
Old 06-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Rudeness of the people.
People stare at you when you are friendly.... no response
Impatience of the people.
People here can't drive... dangerous.
People here feel entitled and will let you know they feel this way.
Tired of people grabbing all the chairs in the squares hours before the event.
Tired of people grabbing and roping chairs and tables together during events hours and hours before the event.
Tired of people grabbing all the tables hours and hours before special events.
People doing as they please with property and compliance does nothing to enforce the rules.
People coming up to you in the square demanding you get out of their chair.... when the chair was empty when you sat.
The list will continue.......
And the powers to be do NOTHING !!!!!
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
Yes, I have
great list describing the maybe 2%.....
My favorite subject of how the minority count gets the attention while the 98% go merrily, happily and contented on our way.

btk
Old 06-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
We are all so different. You could not pay me to move back to NY and I lived in upstate as well as NYC. I haven't met anyone who wants to move out of TV but have met many who moved to new homes in TV.
I'm certainly not even thinking of leaving TV but I do miss my life and friends. This too shall pass.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

In the two years we have lived in a CYV in Pennecamp, the house next to us has been sold twice. The first folks who lived upsized to a new home right on Pelican golf course. The second folks who are moving are moving for what I think is a pretty common reason. He loves it here, she....not so much. Then, they had the birth of their first grandchild. That tipped the scales and they are moving back north to be closer to the baby.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
I have only been here for 3 weeks but, for me, it would be "I miss what was and am not yet used to what is". I truly like TV but I can understand wanting to go back home. I think my roots will always be NY.
Always a New Yorker, ENY, I would never move back.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:24 PM

We have been here for six years now, and we are seriously considering leaving. Reasons for leaving:
1. TV has just gotten too big for it's own britches. The infrastructure is too small to handle the traffic.
2. Our lifestyles have changed. TV moves to a much more hastened pace. The people don't seem to be as friendly. The developer's presence is greatly felt more than ever before.
3. The last reason, I am a golfer. I am a priority member. We have eleven courses to play, and until three weeks ago, not one of them compared to a decent municipal course in Michigan. Anyone who has played off the reservation, knows what I mean. Until Golf management Solutions realizes that course conditions are more important than rounds being played, we will never have quality golf.

We will not be leaving north central Florida. We are just seeking a softer, hassle free environment.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemorc View Post
We have been here for six years now, and we are seriously considering leaving. Reasons for leaving:
1. TV has just gotten too big for it's own britches. The infrastructure is too small to handle the traffic.
2. Our lifestyles have changed. TV moves to a much more hastened pace. The people don't seem to be as friendly. The developer's presence is greatly felt more than ever before.
3. The last reason, I am a golfer. I am a priority member. We have eleven courses to play, and until three weeks ago, not one of them compared to a decent municipal course in Michigan. Anyone who has played off the reservation, knows what I mean. Until Golf management Solutions realizes that course conditions are more important than rounds being played, we will never have quality golf.

We will not be leaving north central Florida. We are just seeking a softer, hassle free environment.
I hear ya!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemorc View Post

" you can please some of the people, all of the time. You can please all of the people, some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time
Old 06-30-2013, 07:28 PM
Sage
I've heard of a few people leaving in search of better healthcare facilities, especially as we become an older population and these concerns become paramount.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Sage
Default Home sweet home

I don't think I will ever be leaving TV. While I miss family back home and my daughter and grand daughter in NC, I am making a wonderful life here with my husband and we are happy. If I were to leave ???? First would be my grand baby....I so wish i was closer. Next would be because it is getting way too busy here and not enough services to support the people, even in the summer months. Then, I worry about getting older and the health care being substandard. That really scares me. As far as the people and the beauty of the area it is far superior to anywhere else I've lived. I don't mind the got summer...beats out the colds winters and having to deal with the snow, ice and sleet any day. For us, this is where we call home now.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryP View Post
Always a New Yorker, ENY, I would never move back.
If I could afford to go back I might consider it.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
If I could afford to go back I might consider it.
you can't leave.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:14 PM

We have had 3 neighbors leave in 2 yrs. One left because they say they aren't "joiners". They never participated in neighborhood or community get togethers and they weren't golfers. They moved to a smaller (and cheaper) 55+ community closer to Orlando. One left to return to their former state because they had never lived anywhere else and they couldn't get used to things not being just like their former community. The third left to be close to family because of health reasons. One thing I noticed was that all three always referred to their former community as "home". It seemed that none ever really saw TV as "home"
Old 06-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fb32162 View Post
We have had 3 neighbors leave in 2 yrs. One left because they say they aren't "joiners". They never participated in neighborhood or community get togethers and they weren't golfers. They moved to a smaller (and cheaper) 55+ community closer to Orlando. One left to return to their former state because they had never lived anywhere else and they couldn't get used to things not being just like their former community. The third left to be close to family because of health reasons. One thing I noticed was that all three always referred to their former community as "home". It seemed that none ever really saw TV as "home"
"Home" is where one wants to be buried. Any cemeteries in TV?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fb32162 View Post
Home is where you grew up and lived your life and made memories.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.