rec center masks

Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2020, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
I assume by your question that someone wasnt wearing a mask. Instead of looking to get them in trouble, just leave. Simple
Why? If they are required to wear masks, why should I just leave (missing my class, meeting, or recreational activity, or maybe I came in to pick up guest passes) because someone in charge is not following the employer's rules?

Everybody needs to pay attention and do his/her part to help stop this ugly beast of a virus.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Why? If they are required to wear masks, why should I just leave (missing my class, meeting, or recreational activity, or maybe I came in to pick up guest passes) because someone in charge is not following the employer's rules?

Everybody needs to pay attention and do his/her part to help stop this ugly beast of a virus.
If masks worked the virus would be gone by now... Remember 14 days to slow the spread. All any of this has done is prolong the inevitable.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikee1 View Post
If masks worked the virus would be gone by now... Remember 14 days to slow the spread. All any of this has done is prolong the inevitable.
IMO you have that backwards. If everyone wore a mask, the virus would have been gone a long time ago.

Regardless if masks are required by rec center employees, they should be worn.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:52 AM

Why would you ask. I dont care who wears what. I protect myself, that is my responsibility.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltdisney4life View Post
Aerosol lingering is not reported as true by the cdc ,it is media driven. The “death clouds are fiction’” masks are only required if you are unable to maintain six feet distance.
Could you supply your source please? This is contrary to everything I have read.

This is from the CDC website this morning.
Scientific Brief: SARS-CoV-2 and Potential Airborne Transmission | CDC
Old 11-19-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannondwd View Post
They are NOT REQUIRED to wear a mask unless you get within 6 feet of them. Can you imagine wearing a mask 8 hours when there is. No one in the building. Very unhealthy that would be.

It's not unhealthy to wear a mask for long durations, if necessary. I'm a retired health care professional and we wore masks for 10 hrs - 12 hrs a day depending on the length of our shift.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
IMO you have that backwards. If everyone wore a mask, the virus would have been gone a long time ago.

Regardless if masks are required by rec center employees, they should be worn.
Seriously... do you really believe that?
Old 11-19-2020, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

A simple question that could be answered with a phone call has once again turned into a debate on mask use. This debate appears to never have a conclusion.......
Old 11-19-2020, 10:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteone View Post
It's not unhealthy to wear a mask for long durations, if necessary. I'm a retired health care professional and we wore masks for 10 hrs - 12 hrs a day depending on the length of our shift.
For Gods sake!
Facts ruin arguments!!
Old 11-19-2020, 10:55 AM

CDC Seems to change its information daily!!!!! So which information should you believe . The WHO DOES THE SAME !!
Old 11-19-2020, 11:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteone View Post
You did not wear the same mask all day long. No you did not. Nor were you wearing homemade cloth masks. You were in a sterile environment, wearing medical grade masks and you were regularly washing your hands and switching out your gloves and your masks.

I'm not picking on you but it truly troubles me when medical people make these kinds of comparisons.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
For Gods sake!
Facts ruin arguments!!
Is it true that a gym or grocery store is a sterile environment? Is it true that homemade cloth masks are sterile and as high a quality as medical grade masks? Is it safe for a cashier to be wearing/touching/adjusting a non sterile, non medical grade cloth mask all day long while scanning merchandise that has been touched by multiple hands?
Old 11-19-2020, 11:32 AM
Default Thanks for the Facts vs. Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by macawlaw View Post
Could you supply your source please? This is contrary to everything I have read.

This is from the CDC website this morning.
Scientific Brief: SARS-CoV-2 and Potential Airborne Transmission | CDC
Thanks for giving us the facts with the appropriate source. Unfortunately, some people just refuse to accept the truth about how dangerous this pandemic is. e.g., they believe it is no worse than the flu. Even more unfortunately, they do not take the precautions the rest of us do, which leads to even more spreading of the disease.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneumann02 View Post
Thanks for giving us the facts with the appropriate source. Unfortunately, some people just refuse to accept the truth about how dangerous this pandemic is. e.g., they believe it is no worse than the flu. Even more unfortunately, they do not take the precautions the rest of us do, which leads to even more spreading of the disease.
From what I've seen there is still high compliance in the stores and other crowded venues. People are being as patient about this as they can be. The more they are scolded and threatened with mandates, the weaker the compliance will be.

I walked into a store the other day w/o a mask on - not because I was being defiant but because I literally thought that I had one on. Oops. When I realized I didn't have one on, I put it on. No big deal. I don't think that anyone DIED from my momentary lapse. I saw a delivery driver pop into another store w/o a mask on his face to deliver a package. I doubt that he contaminated the entire store in that brief time he was in there.

We have got to use some common sense with this and give people the benefit of the doubt or people are just going to get frustrated and stop even trying to placate others by wearing masks.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:06 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
I assume by your question that someone wasnt wearing a mask. Instead of looking to get them in trouble, just leave. Simple
That and why didn't the OP question the "evil doer" about their lack of a mask?
Closed Thread

Tags
rec, center, masks, personnel, required

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.