Received a speeding ticket for going 31 mph

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2020, 06:53 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

I do not understand. Rules are put in place for the protection of the public, if you speed and are caught, get a ticket. Since when is it okay to do anything you want and disregard the rules, either in a car, golf cart or anything else? What difference does it make how old you are. The rules are for EVERYONE!
Old 08-09-2020, 06:55 AM

Thanks for the warning. I'll keep an extra eye out in that area.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:59 AM

Something it’s not what you say but how you say it. Having law enforcement in the family I can tell you that they, the cops, or as we called them the man, is pretty much like you and I.
Treat them with the proper respect and more often then not if was a true misjudgment on your behalf you’ll get a warning.
If you knew were breaking a law then not so much.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:03 AM
Default Speeding

Modernize the speed limits. They are all 5 mph too low.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
And they say there are no quotas
Grace from Ohio does not think badly of Law Enforcement.

Here or in Ohio.

You new here? We have all kinds of folks who police us. We have County Sheriffs from Marion and Sumter and local fellows. Wildwood, Fruitland Park and Lady Lake Police are all part of the folks who are looking to stop you and ticket you so that you don't break the law or hurt someone. Yup.

I look down on people who look down on police officers.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
too bad the don't catch the golf carts. I got passed going 28 by golf cart in the diamond lane on my right in 25 MPH zone. so the golf cart which wasn't tagged as LSV was going 30 plus. Too bad the can't catch those special drivers?
I have seen and heard of the deputies setting up a speed trap specifically for golf carts on roads in TV that have both vehicle and golf cart lanes. Being caught speeding in a golf cart automatically carries several fines, including not just speeding but also driving an unregistered vehicle, driving an uninsured vehicle, driving without seat belts (for those who don’t have—or use—seat belts). That’s four individual fines comparable to the OP’s single citation for speeding. Did I miss any? Once a golf cart goes above its permitted speed limit, it’s treated as a motor vehicle, not as a golf cart. This is a pretty expensive adventure, and personally I cheer whenever I see or hear of speed limit enforcement!

I should add that a friend—a local practicing physician—once got a speeding ticket In his car for going 37 mph on Buena Vista Blvd—TWO miles above the speed limit. Be aware, stay conscious!
Old 08-09-2020, 07:22 AM

Thats 22 percent over the speed limit,if my math is correct
Old 08-09-2020, 07:28 AM

Perhaps where you come from there is "no Quota". Not true is all states
Old 08-09-2020, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Grace from Ohio does not think badly of Law Enforcement.

Here or in Ohio.

You new here? We have all kinds of folks who police us. We have County Sheriffs from Marion and Sumter and local fellows. Wildwood, Fruitland Park and Lady Lake Police are all part of the folks who are looking to stop you and ticket you so that you don't break the law or hurt someone. Yup.

I look down on people who look down on police officers.
I do not look down on police officers. As a matter of fact when we lived in Roanoke Va before moving down here they offered a class called the Roanoke Civilian Police Academy where they showed you most of the training the police went thru at the academy including traffic stops and all the things that could happen.

Also did a number of ride a longs with the local police and got to know several really well.

After seeing what they had to put up with in the daily life I have the utmost respect for them.

Having said this in many jurisdictions they are expected to write a certain number or value of tickets each month.

The Sumter county police has a similar program but they do not do a number of the more interesting things that Roanoke allowed us to do.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:38 AM
Veteran member

25 sign . Speedo 31 . case closed .next time you'll watch out .
Old 08-09-2020, 07:40 AM
Veteran member

If you're a younger person and you have to get there on time and you're giving that as an excuse maybe you should get up 5 minutes earlier
Old 08-09-2020, 07:47 AM
Veteran member
Default Thank u

I want to thank that police officer personally because you could be the next person that would have hit me. Why were you speeding there was a sign that says 25. Every single day when I go out driving there are people that go over the line because they're on the phone or adjusting radio or eating a sandwich in the car or simply zoned out. There are people doing 80 miles an hour on Route 44 between Morse Boulevard and 27. Basically everyone is an idiot does not give anyone else way when pulling onto the highway they will pass on the right instead of the left and they should have all had their license is taken away 10 years a ago. You're all treat yourselves like privileged little children's. Because you've retired, bought a house and have cash in the bank and stock market. Just because you're older doesn't mean any of you have grown up. You're speeding is just as bad and just as wrong has all the people marching you don't understand why they are watching throwing rocks and Bricks. The law is the law and has to be followed
Old 08-09-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiserbud47 View Post
I should have known better. I have read the articles about the Villages residents complaining about the speeding. I had just gotten a friend's car washed and was still trying to get the seat back to normal as I start to drive down Chula Vista Blvd. toward CR466. I wasn't even used to the speedometer (mine is digital). There was the sign: "Speed limit 25 mph, you are traveling 31." I slowed down. Too late. There was the police car with it's lights flashing behind me. One ticket for $135, plus points on my license (may be able to take a class to avoid the points).

I am not complaining. i am hoping to make others aware of this and not to let it have to them.
How fast were you really going?
Old 08-09-2020, 07:51 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts
Default Can't Drive 55

Sammy Hagar - I Can't Drive 55 (Official Video) - YouTube
Old 08-09-2020, 08:05 AM
Default No Quota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz323 View Post
There is no such thing as a quota. They (the police) are allowed to write as many tickets as they want to. But you are honest about your "average" and thats a rare thing.
No quota system? Don't believe it, there absolutely is a quota system in traffic enforcement! Why, when I was a young officer and got 15 movers a day, I'd win a toaster oven.

That's a joke folks.
Closed Thread

Tags
points, speeding, car, mph, complaining

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.