Received a speeding ticket for going 31 mph

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2020, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Vast majority? What fantasy world is that in? Drive 70 on the FL Tpke or on US75 and it's like you're walking. I've on occasion driven 75/80 in the right lane on the FL tpke because I'm moving with traffic and people are passing in the other lanes and are out of site in seconds. Trucks as well. Many cars must be going close to 100 and trucks easily near 80. You're from NYC. How many people drive 70 on the 65mph Rt 95 (aka NJ Tpke)? Probably more than on the FL TPKE but not a lot. I'm sure there are those who do lock in at +5MPH but not a whole lot. Speed limits on FL Tpke or US75 are rarely enforced it seems. NOT SAYING IT'S RIGHT, just that it happens quite often.
My recent experience is on I 81 in Va and Tn and that is what I have seen. Been awhile since I have driven on 95 or turnpike in Florida.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Make sure you come to a complete stop.......a rolling stop will get you a ticket.
Would be wiling to bet that here and almost anyplace else a rolling stop is what most of us generally do.

Will say did get a ticket once for doing it and that is because a cop stationed himself in position to write lots of them. Did not say a word in defense because of course I was guilty. Actually did ask if he would give me a warning but that didnt go very far at all.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
Did you have radar on him? You were speeding also,duh!
Duh, Didn’t need radar! he passed me! NO LSV supposed to go over 25 MPH. The golf cart was not plated. But the one that got me was when I was going up BV and plated Par car cart passed me in left lane and I was going 36 Yes they both had golf clubs on the back.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Taranto View Post
They're trying to get that road closed off to thru traffic, so I'm sure the police will be extra cautious. A lot of people use that road as a drive through to 441.
It’s public street, it’s not private Anbody can go where even the want.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
.... I should add that a friend—a local practicing physician—once got a speeding ticket In his car for going 37 mph on Buena Vista Blvd—TWO miles above the speed limit. Be aware, stay conscious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradfinstrom View Post
Thats 22 percent over the speed limit,if my math is correct
Uh ... I believe driving 37 in a 35mph zone is about 5 percent above the speed limit. But that’s the point: Speeding is speeding! Be aware, stay conscious!
Old 08-10-2020, 10:14 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonbrown View Post
If Sumter County was serious about protecting us from speeders then it would have officers with speed guns on either end of the cart path crossing Lake Sumter.

The conveyance is a 10 mile per hour speed zone. As a walker, runner and cyclist, I am in constant fear of being hit by speeding carts in the path AND carts that hit the edge of the raised (walkway) portion when out of control.

Please, someone answer me, "why do carts need to speed when crossing the lake?"

Aren't we all retired?
After replacing their shocks they'll slow down.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRICHARD View Post
My golf cart is set at 20mph, and many GOLF CARTS passed me like I was standing still.....OK, pass me by and I am happy going the 'legal' speed. It always seems guys will push the envelope especially with cars-motors, etc. However when is it too much? The ONLY way to stop it from getting out of hand (30mph) is a fine, a BIG one will do it and word will get out to most?? Maybe??
I agree with you totally! Why did they speed up their golf carts to go 30+ mph, so they can make their tee time on time because they wouldn’t have to leave 5 mins. earlier or they had to hurry to get home so they can sit on the couch. But the sad thing is the 8 yrs. I lived in TV I only saw 2 times that the police had someone pulled over. Good for you for not breaking the law. Sounds like a new law called BLM, LOL.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlspiess View Post
However my concern there is she was speeding in a school zone. How many times has this happened to her before and it’s not on her record. These tickets should be turned into a formal warning.
The only speeding ticket I ever got was for going 29 in a 30 zone. Automated camera. I didn't notice that it was school hours and the school wasn't even on that street. No flashing light or other warning except for the sign. I just paid the fine so I suppose it was on my record at the time. So this renegade at least learned her lesson.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
This. The rules exist, they are known. Someone trying to be nice breaks the pattern we expect and this creates uncertainty and can cause accidents. I arrive at an intersection, I expect to wait until the lane is clear to turn. Now someone has broken the covenant, introduced doubt and uncertainty. Are you really letting me go? If I pull out will I get hit by you? Will you get hit by the guy behind you? Just STOP DOING THIS. Follow the rules, go when you have the right away. Stop trying to be nice. Nice is for you to do what I expect you to do. It's not nice now that I have to reprocess what is going on and you've added stress to me so you can feel a little better about yourself. Get over it. MOVE when it's your time.
You’re not inline in 4 stop intersection until you come to complete stop. Think about it. It’s not 4 way yield intersection.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
I agree with you totally! Why did they speed up their golf carts to go 30+ mph, so they can make their tee time on time because they wouldn’t have to leave 5 mins. earlier or they had to hurry to get home so they can sit on the couch. But the sad thing is the 8 yrs. I lived in TV I only saw 2 times that the police had someone pulled over. Good for you for not breaking the law. Sounds like a new law called BLM, LOL.
They can't manage their time and leave earlier than needed racing to their tee time, racing to the 19th hole afterward, then racing home.
Old 08-13-2020, 06:49 PM

Thats why I normally drive a golf cart.
Closed Thread

Tags
points, speeding, car, mph, complaining

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.