Recreation Centers & Themes

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2021, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Great thread thinking we should start visiting each of them, only been to a handful so far
Old 02-16-2021, 09:22 AM
Default Monthly Costs

I have seen posts in past BUT here is my question: I pay for lawn service ($50/month). They cut the lawn, I pay an additional $15 when they pull weeds every few months). Then I am paying General Spray Service, every other month, $65 to spray: Fertilizer, which includes cinch bugs, mold cricket(?) and sod worms. Then I have termite, a 10 year program. My question is: Doesn't $65 seem a lot for an every other month spraying. AND, is this spraying adequate for covering lawn area for fertilizer and bugs?? Seems high to me to pay $65 for spraying lawn every other month. If I was there I could do by purchasing some lawn fertilizer from home depot. BUT -- it does cover both fertilizer and bugs. Thoughts, as I am on the fence about this cost. Nancy
PS: Appreciate the forum as it relates to life in the Villages. Some day we will be there more than not.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:38 AM

There are way more than what you have named.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Savana should not be on the list as a real regional recreation center. Their so called sports pool is not a regulation length sports lap swimming pool, even though they try to pass it as such. Paradise is a nice recreation center, but it is not a regional recreation center. I have swam laps in all the other real regional recreation centers except for Aviary, and they are all unique and excellent in different ways.
Paradise is a regional rec center. You can get guest passes there.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
You can google each center, and look at images. Lake Minoa is a nautical theme.

The Villages Florida

I've been in Colony Cottage, it's a sort of southern hospitality cottage theme.

The Villages Florida

Already mentioned, Eisenhower is a Military theme.

The Villages Florida

Seabreeze Rec Center is a sort of beach theme.

The Villages Florida

You get the idea, after you google, click on "image" at the top.

Now the Neighborhood Rec Centers will be a little harder to find images that way. Click on the 'all' button and look for a listing and maybe find a website with photos. My neighborhood center is Sterling Heights, it's a nautical theme. The only indoor photo I could find was the pool room.

The Villages Florida

Here's a map of all the Rec Centers, regional and neighborhood.

https://www.districtgov.org/departme...pdf?v=20200910

When I came for my lifestyle visit they knew I was from Massachusetts and they told me to go to the Lake Miona rec center because it had a Cape Cod theme.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-16-2021, 10:11 AM
Default Eisenhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayerose View Post
From what I can see, there are 13 recreation centers...

Paradise
LaHacienda
Savannah Center
Mulberry Grove
Laurel Manor
Lake Miona
Colony Cottage
Sea Breeze
Eisenhower
Rohan
Fenney
Everglades
Aviary

Is there somewhere I can learn about each centers theme?

thank you!
I always show visitors the Eisenhower. It is so impressive.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

I always find Laurel Manor the coldest one
Eskimos camp out there!
Old 02-16-2021, 11:34 AM
Default Number of Rec Centers

There are many.many more rec centers. The ones you listed are Regional Centers which are larger, have room for plays, ballroom, etc. Rooms larger too. Each Village has their own recreational center also.
To see what they offer, check the paper on Thursday-Rec News comes out and tells you what is happening at both Regional Centers and Village Rec Centers. That will give you an idea of what is happening. But go to each, see them-each has a theme and beautifully decorated. Good luck

Paradise
LaHacienda
Savannah Center
Mulberry Grove
Laurel Manor
Lake Miona
Colony Cottage
Sea Breeze
Eisenhower
Rohan
Fenney
Everglades
Aviary

thank you![/QUOTE]
Old 02-16-2021, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancymacy View Post
I have seen posts in past BUT here is my question: I pay for lawn service ($50/month). They cut the lawn, I pay an additional $15 when they pull weeds every few months). Then I am paying General Spray Service, every other month, $65 to spray: Fertilizer, which includes cinch bugs, mold cricket(?) and sod worms. Then I have termite, a 10 year program. My question is: Doesn't $65 seem a lot for an every other month spraying. AND, is this spraying adequate for covering lawn area for fertilizer and bugs?? Seems high to me to pay $65 for spraying lawn every other month. If I was there I could do by purchasing some lawn fertilizer from home depot. BUT -- it does cover both fertilizer and bugs. Thoughts, as I am on the fence about this cost. Nancy
PS: Appreciate the forum as it relates to life in the Villages. Some day we will be there more than not.
What does this have todo with rec centers??
Old 02-16-2021, 05:15 PM

I am a regular lap swimmer at Everglades. The WVL gets a lot of time I wish they had more lap swimming times available at the pools. Just sayin..
Old 02-16-2021, 11:28 PM
Default Rec centers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeritz53 View Post
Those are the Regional Rec Centers, The Villages recently opened their 100th Rec Center. Every Thursday in the Daily Sun there is an insert that details the rec Centers and activities, there is also copies of this in each Rec Center.
Aviary is newest and is very stunningly decorated and a must see, but it’s not a regional rec center! It has a family pool and is a small community rec center! I work at Moyer and it has the Fl orange grove theme! Come on over to see it and ask for Mary and I will teach you all of them! the tours are fun! You can learn the rec centers on the villages recreation.org
Old 02-17-2021, 06:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayerose View Post
From what I can see, there are 13 recreation centers...

Paradise
LaHacienda
Savannah Center
Mulberry Grove
Laurel Manor
Lake Miona
Colony Cottage
Sea Breeze
Eisenhower
Rohan
Fenney
Everglades
Aviary

thank you!
Hubby and I have visited all the regional rec centers north of 44 when we first moved here. Seabreeze was still under construction when we first moved here so we were able to visit the newest rec centers just after they were built.

If you decide to do that, don't forget to visit the restrooms. They are beautiful too!

Tags
centers, recreation, theme, learn, cottage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.