Chair Missing in The Village of Largo

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2022, 07:58 PM
Default Chair Missing in The Village of Largo

I am looking for help in locating my chair that was taken from the front of my villa last night.
I am having my driveway refinished, and I had put a chair that had an Amazon sign on it that I had place of Amazon deliveries. It was located on my property, approximately 10 feet from the street.
My neighbor saw a woman in a reddish golf cart go onto my property and take my chair. She told the woman that I wasn't giving it away. I live in Largo near the Bacall Recreation Center so if anyone knows of anyone that might have mistakenly taken my chair would you kindly tell them to return it.
Thanks.
Old 07-23-2022, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,698 Times in 604 Posts

I hope you get your chair back.
Just FYI, around here, anything you put out within 10 feet of the street, people will assume you don't want it and haul it off.
Doesn't much matter what sign you put on it.
Old 07-23-2022, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,773 Times in 1,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
Just FYI, around here, anything you put out within 10 feet of the street, people will assume you don't want it and haul it off.
True words. If you want to get rid of something and don't want to go through the trouble of selling it (or the low monetary value it has doesn't warrant the effort) just put it out near the street either on your driveway or the adjacent lawn, on the afternoon before your scheduled trash pickup. There are people who cruise the various villages looking for just those kinds of things. We've gotten rid of several items this way: an HP printer that worked fine except for the auto paper feed, a table with a glass top that lived in our lanai and needed a bit of work to be presentable, etc.

This is just a guess on my part but before we moved here, the area we lived in had a lot of online auctions. If people collect this stuff for free and then auction it off, I can see where it could bring in a pretty good income.
Old 07-23-2022, 07:13 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,315 Times in 568 Posts

Don’t worry about what’s gone, focus on what you have….that lady needed a chair and you provided her comfort…Bless you
Old 07-23-2022, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,773 Times in 1,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
Don’t worry about what’s gone, focus on what you have….that lady needed a chair and you provided her comfort…Bless you
(Heavenly music plays in the background...)
Old 07-23-2022, 07:59 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Stealing is never right.
Old 07-24-2022, 05:39 AM
Platinum member
Default Follow that car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewstanley View Post
i am looking for help in locating my chair that was taken from the front of my villa last night.
I am having my driveway refinished, and i had put a chair that had an amazon sign on it that i had place of amazon deliveries. It was located on my property, approximately 10 feet from the street.
My neighbor saw a woman in a reddish golf cart go onto my property and take my chair. She told the woman that i wasn't giving it away. I live in largo near the bacall recreation center so if anyone knows of anyone that might have mistakenly taken my chair would you kindly tell them to return it.
Thanks.
people are creatures of habit. Stake out your driveway you may get lucky she probably passes there every day
Old 07-24-2022, 08:02 AM
Default Same thing happened to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewstanley View Post
I am looking for help in locating my chair that was taken from the front of my villa last night.
I am having my driveway refinished, and I had put a chair that had an Amazon sign on it that I had place of Amazon deliveries. It was located on my property, approximately 10 feet from the street.
My neighbor saw a woman in a reddish golf cart go onto my property and take my chair. She told the woman that I wasn't giving it away. I live in Largo near the Bacall Recreation Center so if anyone knows of anyone that might have mistakenly taken my chair would you kindly tell them to return it.
Thanks.
When this happened to me I put a sign up asking that this person to please return my chairs. (There were two of them)
The next day we caught a women unloading them from her van. She was quite embarrassed and apologetic.
Old 07-24-2022, 08:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Not trying to be funny, but this is the way society & America is changing. I say we have to treat everybody like they’re thieves! Protect everything you own.
Old 07-24-2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
When will people learn this? If you leave it anywhere near the road, especially the night before trash pickup, it’s gone!
Old 07-24-2022, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Not trying to be funny, but this is the way society & America is changing. I say we have to treat everybody like they’re thieves! Protect everything you own.
Changing? You mean in the past no one ever stole anything? 🤔
Old 07-24-2022, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,770 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
Stealing is never right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Way to harsh folks. As others have said, leave it near the street and you are offering it up (intended or not).
Old 07-24-2022, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I think that in the past people stole less in the US. And there are different values in different countries. For example in Japan a few years ago there was a tsunami where there was cash floating around in the streets and the Japanese citizens all picked it up and returned it to the banks. Likely, that would not happen in the US - either past or present.
........In 1992 when I was in California, I would marvel at the way abandoned automobiles left on a street or highway would gradually turn into automobile skeletons. As I would drive by for the next week, 1st I would see the car placed up on stones or blocks and the wheels and tires removed. Then the next day the engine might be gone. Then, the doors, hood, and trunk would be gone. Gone girl or gone parts in this case.
........People say that fads and social change happen 1st in Ca. So, here in Fl. we may be early in that Ca.trend where people are scavenging for furniture and tools left near a road. If these trends continue, I would suggest now or in a few years that - if your car breaks down on the side of a road that maybe you should call AAA quickly and not walk away from it. Or it might end up a skeleton of its former self - and quicker than you think. Just saying!
Old 07-24-2022, 02:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
The response of enablers and victims-to-be.
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Old 07-25-2022, 09:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
That’s EXACTLY what I mean!
Closed Thread

Tags
chair, property, woman, largo, amazon

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.