Red Fox/Gray Fox H2O gone

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2021, 06:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Here are the District Property Managers:

VCDD District Property Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I'm not sure about the golf course ponds but they are taking water out of the ponds in Fenney and diverting it over to the new Hammocks of Fenney ponds which is BS as it's hard enough to maintain these ponds with drought conditions and irrigation without having the water diverted to another village. If the golf course ponds are empty or low they are probably also using the Fenney ponds to irrigate the courses which again is BS.
Old 05-27-2021, 06:42 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgcetm View Post
The water belongs to the developer and they allocate and use the water as they see fit. They can move it virtually anywhere in TV. After 5 inches of rain, things will be back to normal. This happens every year.
Not true, I've lived on this pond for over 4 years and the transfer of water only started last summer when work began at Hammock, prior to that there was no problem so it does not happen every year.
Old 05-27-2021, 06:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Here are the District Property Managers:

VCDD District Property Management
Right, I've been waiting for two weeks for Bart Graham to call me regarding the issue, no luck hearing from him so far.
Old 05-27-2021, 06:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Send him e-mail and cc his boss.

I have found District Property Management to be responsive to the couple of times I have called them; my phone calls have been returned within one business day.

Quote:
Right, I've been waiting for two weeks for Bart Graham to call me regarding the issue, no luck hearing from him so far.
Old 05-27-2021, 06:48 AM

Quote:
I too retired very early in life, a little oder than you at 55. One good thing the developers did for me was to give one hell of a deal on a new home when they first opened Fenney. True, a lot of my posts are defending the southern villages, defending the obvious uneducated posts and even lies that people put out there bashing us down here, most of them knew nothing about living here and a lot of them were never even down here. That bashing has finally slowed down as most now realize that this is the place to be and 30% of our residents moved here from the northern villages. I'm not happy with what is going on with pond management but the rainy season is coming and soon Hammock will be completed and their ponds will be filled so that they can be lowered to fill ponds in the next village south. Having this one complaint about what is going on in 4 years isn't too bad and for sure not bad enough to make me even consider not living here.
Got a deal? LOL.
Old 05-27-2021, 06:52 AM

It is dry right now, excessively dry, this is very normal in the villages. The rain will come and the ponds will fill up again. Just have patience my friend.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:19 AM

Quote:
I too retired very early in life, a little oder than you at 55. One good thing the developers did for me was to give one hell of a deal on a new home when they first opened Fenney. True, a lot of my posts are defending the southern villages, defending the obvious uneducated posts and even lies that people put out there bashing us down here, most of them knew nothing about living here and a lot of them were never even down here. That bashing has finally slowed down as most now realize that this is the place to be and 30% of our residents moved here from the northern villages. I'm not happy with what is going on with pond management but the rainy season is coming and soon Hammock will be completed and their ponds will be filled so that they can be lowered to fill ponds in the next village south. Having this one complaint about what is going on in 4 years isn't too bad and for sure not bad enough to make me even consider not living here.
Complete rubbish - by far the best area in The Villages is the quiet, beautiful north end.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoc7 View Post
Complete rubbish - by far the best area in The Villages is the quiet, beautiful north end.
Yes, that's why they are building apartments up there.
Old 05-27-2021, 01:27 PM

Just curious why those of you who chose to live in the southern villages did so. You have the gravel plant and the prison. I wonder if TV sales people mentioned that to prospective buyers. Notice also they don't seem to mention you all had to pay a bond. We bought up north because we wanted to be close to shopping, medical facilities, etc. and we liked the more mature landscaping. Also there was no bond on our home. Yes TV did tear down our closest pool, Hacienda Hills, and we were very angry about that. TV newest generation doesn't seem to care about what we want and they won't care about what you want either. The Suleiman family wanted to purchase the Hacienda Hills restaurant but TV wouldn't sell to them at a fair price. I understand the whole kitchen needed to be remodeled. I'm betting plans for the apartments had something to do with that. They can't even keep the town squares stores rented due to the percentage they take from the owners.
Old 05-27-2021, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Not true, I've lived on this pond for over 4 years and the transfer of water only started last summer when work began at Hammock, prior to that there was no problem so it does not happen every year.

Until now
Old 05-27-2021, 02:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimom View Post
Just curious why those of you who chose to live in the southern villages did so. You have the gravel plant and the prison. I wonder if TV sales people mentioned that to prospective buyers. Notice also they don't seem to mention you all had to pay a bond. We bought up north because we wanted to be close to shopping, medical facilities, etc. and we liked the more mature landscaping. Also there was no bond on our home. Yes TV did tear down our closest pool, Hacienda Hills, and we were very angry about that. TV newest generation doesn't seem to care about what we want and they won't care about what you want either. The Suleiman family wanted to purchase the Hacienda Hills restaurant but TV wouldn't sell to them at a fair price. I understand the whole kitchen needed to be remodeled. I'm betting plans for the apartments had something to do with that. They can't even keep the town squares stores rented due to the percentage they take from the owners.
I am guessing you have zero first hand knowledge of what reps told potential sellers, in the south. But who does know there are bonds? Didn’t you have a bond, and check for yourself what that means financially?

It’s usually the second question after price of home, but again the gens that are buying new, are informed on how they are spending money. However as a potential buyer, if you didn’t do diligence before spending money, you might want to ask someone to help with important decisions.

Bashing the new area, when you have very little knowledge is just old news. Nobody cares where anyone buys a house, or what others think, except the person doing the buying.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Funny where threads lead to.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
The Fact Jack is the 30% figure was in the Daily Sun about a month ago when they were bragging up Sawgrass and other great amenities they are building in the south. No one has trashed you for not wanting to live down here however you are trashing the area in which we live and therefore you are getting defensive replies. You don't have to like the southern villages but no need to bash the area.
Isn't the Daily Sun routinely trashed for being a "mouthpiece for the developer"?

Could it be that they're throwing out that number to boost their own sales... Or not...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-28-2021, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Y'all need to calm down. In about ten days we start the Hurricane season which means that at about four every afternoon we will get a lulu rain until DECEMBER.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-28-2021 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-28-2021, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Isn't the Daily Sun routinely trashed for being a "mouthpiece for the developer"?

Could it be that they're throwing out that number to boost their own sales.
.. Or not...
Anyone with eyes can see how this place is beautiful and sought after. You can drive to the new areas and do it again in two weeks and SEE the growth. Now that the pandemic is over and people with sense are traveling again, they will be standing in line to buy here. You did. I did. We did and have always thought it was a wonderful decision.

The Villages Is One of the Fastest Growing Cities in America – 24/7 Wall St.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-28-2021 at 07:30 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
features, water, fox, areas, designed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.