Refunds from Villages Box Office

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2020, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts
Default Refunds from Villages Box Office

Anyone else having a problem getting a refund on a cancelled show from Villages Box Office? Bought tickets for QUEEN back in December and it was rescheduled twice before it finally got cancelled. I spoke with someone there a couple weeks ago and he said he was issuing a credit as we spoke. Nothing yet, over 2 weeks. I called them yesterday and they said it takes ONE MONTH to get a refund on your card which is absurd and not true assuming they actually issued the credit. They also told me they can't even check on it for a month. Been 9 months so I can no longer dispute it with my bank should it drag on much longer. It was for a lot of tickets so it wasn't a small amount. They managed to charge me in 48hrs last December four months before the show was scheduled.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Refunds

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Anyone else having a problem getting a refund on a cancelled show from Villages Box Office? Bought tickets for QUEEN back in December and it was rescheduled twice before it finally got cancelled. I spoke with someone there a couple weeks ago and he said he was issuing a credit as we spoke. Nothing yet, over 2 weeks. I called them yesterday and they said it takes ONE MONTH to get a refund on your card which is absurd and not true assuming they actually issued the credit. They also told me they can't even check on it for a month. Been 9 months so I can no longer dispute it with my bank should it drag on much longer. It was for a lot of tickets so it wasn't a small amount. They managed to charge me in 48hrs last December four months before the show was scheduled.

I learned the hard way best to go in person.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,938 Times in 2,458 Posts

Sorry to say good luck, I think it’s stall tactics! Most ticket holders will just let it go if it’s ticket or two. But in you’re case beings it several tickets I would go in person and see if it show’s on computer as credited? In my case from another venture I took credit for future shows, big mistake now the web site down and they won’t answer emails or phone.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

we had no problems getting a refund for all the shows that we had tickets to at The Sharon and The Savannah when I called them a couple of months ago

odd that you are having difficulty...they're trying to do the right thing by everyone

I'm looking forward to being able to use the entertainment 'gift cards' that we have to purchase some
cocktails before the shows at some point
Old 09-29-2020, 06:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
we had no problems getting a refund for all the shows that we had tickets to at The Sharon and The Savannah when I called them a couple of months ago

odd that you are having difficulty...they're trying to do the right thing by everyone

I'm looking forward to being able to use the entertainment 'gift cards' that we have to purchase some
cocktails before the shows at some point
That's why, because you took gift cards and they kept their money. Big difference from wanting money back.

They are not fighting giving me my credit they are just telling me that it takes up to 30 days to appear on my CC which is patently untrue unless they simply didn't issue the credit. If a credit was issued 16 days ago as the rep told me he did I should have a credit in 3-4 days or at the outside under a week. That's what bothers me. Obviously they credit wasn't issued when they say it was.

There won't be any top entertainment there for months despite the couple they are advertising for next year which doesn't interest me anyway. Because they are limiting the available seats to 200 vs 1000 they won't be able to afford to contract with the big name entertainers or shows unless they charge $400 per seat. They have to contract with these folks many months in advance and no one knows what will be happening 6 months from now wrt full crowds in theaters.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Sorry to say good luck, I think it’s stall tactics! Most ticket holders will just let it go if it’s ticket or two.
Really? Seriously? MOST just let it go? I'd love to see those statistics. Do you mean take the $$ loss or just patiently wait forever or even never? Even if it was 1 ticket no way I am going to donate my cost to them! They certainly aren't a non-profit organization. If it was a local Villages group putting on a show in a rec center for a couple bucks I wouldn't care but as much as I "appreciate" them Mr. Morse & Family don't need my donation to put food on their plate!
Old 09-29-2020, 06:55 PM
Platinum member

I had no problems getting refunds for a couple of cancelled shows. The refund showed up on my credit card within a couple of days.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:32 PM

Took me months but I didn’t give up. I asked to speak to a supervisor every time I called. They were always in a meeting. I refused to give up and finally got my money back. Don’t give up! They did send me a check even though they kept telling me it had been credited to my credit card account. It was never credited to my account just a lot of run around as far as I’m concerned. I doubt that I will ever buy tickets again. This was not the only refund issue. It took me months to get a refund when they double billed me for a gift card
Old 09-29-2020, 07:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

Quote:
I agree that it is absurd. But, I think that, when a merchant employee issues a credit card credit transaction, the credit needs to be reviewed and approved by an internal auditor to avoid fraud. But, that usually only takes a few days. A month is ridiculous.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:04 PM
Sage

Other than the box offices which are useless for refund issues is there a "central office" for these folks somewhere in town?
Old 09-30-2020, 02:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

Quote:
Other than the box offices which are useless for refund issues is there a "central office" for these folks somewhere in town?
The only central office for ticket issues that I know of is:

Administrative Office
1070 Canal Street, The Villages, FL 32162
By Appointment Only
(352) 750-5411
Old 09-30-2020, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md girl View Post
Took me months but I didn’t give up. I asked to speak to a supervisor every time I called. They were always in a meeting. I refused to give up and finally got my money back. Don’t give up! They did send me a check even though they kept telling me it had been credited to my credit card account. It was never credited to my account just a lot of run around as far as I’m concerned. I doubt that I will ever buy tickets again.
And here I thought I was the only one.

The day the box office contacted me, I put a weekly reminder on my g00gle calendar.

I have called then every week since then.

Still no refund.

I doubt that I will ever buy tickets again from them again.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:00 AM

They have cancelled 3 shows on us and their response is always that it takes a month for a refund. I don’t understand why??? I have called and I get the same response. They actually called us back on Friday and said I should have it on my credit card on Monday. It’s now Wednesday and no credit.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:27 AM

I do not understand all these problems. A month ago I received a call about our tickets for 2 shows at the Sharon. They informed us the shows will be cancelled and call them back to get our refunds. We called and they immediately put the charges back on our credit card. Great customer service!
Old 09-30-2020, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Have you spoken to your credit card company? Or are you just assuming it’s too late to dispute? Give them a call and see what they say. It certainly can’t hurt.
Closed Thread

Tags
spoke, credit, months, weeks, longer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.