I have to vent!!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default I have to vent!!!!!

I was crossing the street today, at LSL, by Panera Bread. I was half way across, in the crosswalk, when this old,AND I DO MEAN OLD,man in a golf cart almost hit me. He never slowed down. I screamed at him, but he never flinched or even acknowledged that I was there. I think I'll buy a paint ball gun.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-27-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
I was crossing the street today, at LSL, by Panera Bread. I was half way across, in the crosswalk, when this old,AND I DO MEAN OLD,man in a golf cart almost hit me. He never slowed down. I screamed at him, but he never flinched or even acknowledged that I was there. I think I'll buy a paint ball gun.
well you answered it yourself, you did say old man............ apparently he cant see well and sure cant hear.............. so its up to you to be careful crossing the street and watch out. As we age we dont see or hear as well. Great thing about the .....v.......... is when you are too old to drive a car, you still can drive a golft cart as long as you can crawl into it and push the pedals.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Sage

I like you paint ball gun idea - may sure you get a background check!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Default I think he was out again this evening

My husband and I decided to go for a drive this evening in our golf cart. As we were waiting for the oncoming traffic in all lanes to clear at Old Mill Road, a golf cart pulled up behind us, and the guy kept yelling...Go! Go! He obviously couldn't see all of the traffic. When we got to the driveway at Arnold Palmer, he started yelling again even though he obviously couldn't see the cars and motorcycle that we were waiting on. Finally, my husband pulled over, and as he roared around us, he was still yelling. A very sad, dangerous situation.

After a lifetime of adventures, the adventure of a lifetime.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:44 PM

I learned not long after we started coming to the Villages that it is not safe to cross any crosswalk in the Villages unless my eyes are locked into the eyes of the driver of the vehicle or golf car coming towards me. People are so in la la ville that they just don't pay attention to the crosswalks. I really believe that it is more dangerous to cross a walk in Lake Sumpter than it would be in downtown New York city (although I have never been in downtown New York city.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Location: Ft. Lauderdale - New Castle,PA - Overland Park, KS - Palm Bay, FL - Village of Charlotte

If you can't see well or hear well, you shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car or a golf car. Aaaargh.....
Old 02-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,189 Times in 837 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyman View Post
I learned not long after we started coming to the Villages that it is not safe to cross any crosswalk in the Villages unless my eyes are locked into the eyes of the driver of the vehicle or golf car coming towards me. People are so in la la ville that they just don't pay attention to the crosswalks. I really believe that it is more dangerous to cross a walk in Lake Sumpter than it would be in downtown New York city (although I have never been in downtown New York city.
Gracie will be here soon.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoops View Post
if you can't see well or hear well, you shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car or a golf car. Aaaargh.....
agreed!!!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
I was crossing the street today, at LSL, by Panera Bread. I was half way across, in the crosswalk, when this old, AND I DO MEAN OLD, man in a golf cart almost hit me. He never slowed down. I screamed at him, but he never flinched or even acknowledged that I was there. I think I'll buy a paint ball gun.
Oh no! Don't tell me that Mr. McGoo lives here in The Villages!!!

The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,924 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We have OLD people living in The Villages? Imagine that, next thing you know we will be having retired people too and members of a certain political party.

And there is no Pee in Lake Sumter.

Sigh.

Gracie, the old.

If he annoyed you I will go beat him up but please don't call him old. There are lots of us who are who live here and we are sensitive and surprised. I have no idea how it happened.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Oh no! Don't tell me that Mr. McGoo lives here in The Villages!!!

The Villages Florida
yes, oh yes, he does! Him and all his relatives!

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
A water pistol would be fun also.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Gracie .. maybe the posse should start standing at crosswalks and take aim at those who are aged challenged (that better?) to get their attention? While we're at it, how about t-shirts that say "there's no Pee in Lake Sumter" (thanks njbeachbum for the oh-so-wonderful idea)?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,924 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Gracie .. maybe the posse should start standing at crosswalks and take aim at those who are aged challenged (that better?) to get their attention? While we're at it, how about t-shirts that say "there's no Pee in Lake Sumter" (thanks njbeachbum for the oh-so-wonderful idea)?
How about....still alive and kicking but not good drivers?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Veteran member

I seeeeeeeee old people............................................ ..........I like the ones that blow through the yield sign on the roundabouts with white knuckles looking straight ahead with a look of terror on their face?? Twice I met head on a driver going the wrong way around the roundabout, stimulating but dangerous..........oh..............I am the old people...........

Last edited by Bill32; 02-27-2013 at 10:09 PM. Reason: more
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.