Relic (band) at Brownwood

Old 01-28-2024, 07:09 AM
Thumbs up Relic (band) at Brownwood

Relic is a new (I think) band that played Brownwood last night, and they rocked the place. Excellent rock and roll band, best lead vocalist that I have ever heard in The Villages.

Old 01-29-2024, 11:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Rocky and the Elders are also a relic band.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.

Old 01-30-2024, 07:23 AM

There are very few Hard Rock bands in TV. The majority play mostly mellow rock from the 50s, 60's, and 70s. Songs like Mustang Sally, Brown Eyed Girl, etc. Relic is a bit Harder than those. If you are looking for Hard Rock try Penta, Uncle Bob's Rock Shop, and The Deadlanders. They play ZZ Top, Ozzy, Molly Hatchet, Pink Floyd, etc. TV needs more hard rock bands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohoos View Post
Relic is a new (I think) band that played Brownwood last night, and they rocked the place. Excellent rock and roll band, best lead vocalist that I have ever heard in The Villages.

Old 01-30-2024, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohoos View Post
Never heard of them. But thanks for the tip. Aside from Rocky & The Rollers and a few other bands, most of the bands who play at the squares are pretty forgettable.

Old 01-30-2024, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
There are very few Hard Rock bands in TV. The majority play mostly mellow rock from the 50s, 60's, and 70s. Songs like Mustang Sally, Brown Eyed Girl, etc. Relic is a bit Harder than those. If you are looking for Hard Rock try Penta, Uncle Bob's Rock Shop, and The Deadlanders. They play ZZ Top, Ozzy, Molly Hatchet, Pink Floyd, etc. TV needs more hard rock bands.
While I agree that TV needs more hard rock bands, the goal is to get large crowds and getting people dancing accomplishes that better than good old fashioned hard rock. Add High Tide to your list of bands to check out if you enjoy harder rock. Used to enjoy the Hooligans and He Said, She Said at the squares, but they are no longer in the rotation.

Old 01-30-2024, 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=ThirdOfFive;2296476]Never heard of them. But thanks for the tip. Aside from Rocky & The Rollers and a few other bands, most of the bands who play at the squares are pretty forgettable.[/QUOT

Glad to hear a band actually playing rock. I'll have to check them out. I agree. Many bands aren't good and play the same old, overplayed songs. If I hear Mustang Sally ever again it will be too soon.

We went to LSL last week and Rocky and the rollers were playing. We hadn't heard them. Lots of people there, but I didn't think they were very good at all, and his voice was not even average, imo. The songs they played were very old and not good. If you're going to play songs from the 60's, go with the Stones and Beatles. Not Hermans Hermits!!

But they're popular here for sure.

Last edited by MX rider; 01-30-2024 at 06:46 PM.

Old 01-30-2024, 07:20 PM
Veteran member

I think I saw a YouTube vid a while back with some band at one of the squares playing Metallica (just Enter Sandman) and I think some 90s grunge. I recall the person filming mentioned the demographic changing. I'm 54 years old, only very part time for now. But I'd love some heavy rock bands now and then.

We may not dance, but we certainly don't mind spending money at the bar and rocking out at the stage. I figure it will be a few years before I hear any Slayer. But some 80s metal would be nice.

Old 01-31-2024, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
I think I saw a YouTube vid a while back with some band at one of the squares playing Metallica (just Enter Sandman) and I think some 90s grunge. I recall the person filming mentioned the demographic changing. I'm 54 years old, only very part time for now. But I'd love some heavy rock bands now and then.

We may not dance, but we certainly don't mind spending money at the bar and rocking out at the stage. I figure it will be a few years before I hear any Slayer. But some 80s metal would be nice.
Well said. I'm hoping it starts to change as well. Music is very stale here.
You may have seen Anti Idol on Youtube. They're members of the Hooligans and played LSL about a year ago or so. Played lots of Metalica, Foo Fighters, Van Halen and such. Actually music from this century, believe it or not. lol They rocked out and the place was packed.

Unfortunitely haven't seen them back and no other band close to that since then. Sad but true.

Old 01-31-2024, 11:21 AM

Relic have some recordings on YouTube.

Tags
band, relic, brownwood, excellent, heard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.