Rental for stepladders, electric drills and infrequently used tools in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Rental for stepladders, electric drills and infrequently used tools in TV?

We are coming down for a week visit to establish our new home early in June. We have stacks and piles of things to cram into the trailer we are renting, along with a couch, beds etc. I will probably want to paint and we will need to put up blinds and draperies and I am thinking we don't really have room to move the entire garage and tools down there this trip, and do we want to ever?

It would be so great if the developer would think to have a rental for such things as stepladders and power drills, not commonly needed and that quickly clutter a garage that my new friends, the STEPFORD MEN OF THE VILLAGES have set such high standards for, with finished floors and organized cabinets. Our TV friends have told us that there is a woodworking shop available to use for residents.

Is there such a thing as a rental for infrequently used large (or small) equipment, and does anyone else think it might be a good idea for TV developers to offer?
Old 05-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Default Re: Rental for stepladders, electric drills and infrequently used tools in TV?

You're welcome to borrow my ladders and tools.

John
352 446-0331
Old 05-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Sage
Default Re: Rental for stepladders, electric drills and infrequently used tools in TV?

Nice gesture JohnFarr and ditto from me Gracie. Please don't go to the expense and bother to rent stuff....we're happy to share what we have that you might be able to use. Just PM me when you get closer.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:49 AM

Home Depot has a rental department. They rent just about anything you could possibly imagine. I am not sure if they rent by the hour, day, or week but I know you can rent anything there.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Oh guys.

I am blinking back tears. That is so nice of you. My husband says we will buy a stepladder, and will need to own a power drill too. I am so glad and he is too that you can rent things at Home Depot.

BUT, the immediate and unselfish offers touched our hearts. Thank you for your wonderful kindness. We will have a cold beer or a nice glass of wine waiting for you both, even if we don't borrow your things. HUGS! I feel like I'm home.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.