Rental Units

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Default Rental Units

I'm curious, does anyone have any idea how many rental units there are in The Villages?

I believe we are now over 40,000 rooftops. How many of them are available to rent on a weekly or monthly basis? How many owners have multiple rentals?

Another thing I've been curious about, when a home is rented a $50 fee can be paid to transfer to the renter use of all amenities. Who gets the $50? That's got to bring in a pretty good sum every year.

Just wondering ...
Old 03-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

By looking at several of the sites that have rentals and making a few assumptions about duplicates and also those only advertised on a single site, (did some random samples) I came up with about 1000 rentals. Now about 65% of those appear to be people who bought there home and are renting it some number of months each year until they move there. Planning to retire to TV, but until they do, will rent their home. Another 15% appear to be people who are snowbirds but try to pick up a couple months rent in the non prime months. That would leave about 200 units that are strictly rentals. Again this was all done using samples so the margin of error is probably at least 10%. Also looked at homes that appeared to be rented 7 to 9 months a year and assumed those were strictly rentals and again came to about 200. So close to 1000 being rented at any one time, but only 20% of those being full time rental units. I also asked a Villages Real Estate Agents and we did some interpolation and arrived at 250 as strictly rental properties. However that was less scientific.

As for the $50 ID fee, no idea who it goes to, but the check is made out to "The Villages"
Old 03-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Gold member

Right now there are 1086 listings on thevillages4rent.com. I suppose that most are rented by the month, primarily in high season.

(Ours is no longer listed, since we are moving in later this year.)
Old 03-10-2012, 12:17 PM

Thanks l2ridehd for your estimate. I have no way of knowing for sure but it just seems low to me because, as buzzy pointed out, there are almost 1100 listings just on one website.

Regarding the $50 fee, it's a lucrative moneymaker for whoever gets it.

Anyone else have any ideas how many rentals are in The Villages?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.