Members and guests can be a big help to TOTV

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Founder
Default Members and guests can be a big help to TOTV

We hope you enjoy Talk of The Villages. It is growing by about 10 to 15 members each day. We are now getting about 14,000 page views a day. Impressive as those numbers seem, it is still just the start for us. We would like to recruit another 3,000 members over the next few months.

How can you all help. Each of you has one, two, three....or as many as 10 people you know who live in The Villages or plans to move here. Would you please send them an email asking them simply to check out www.talkofgthevillages.com?

Please be positive in your email. This is a fun and informative place to be. We are not anti-anything here. I understand that some even some romantic relationships have developed on TOTV. There certainly has been tons of valuable information and conversation and friendships made here.

So, if you would please think about it then send as many as ten emails asking people to visit at least once. A good source of such emails is if you belong to any clubs here. They typically send out newsletters or other information. Be positive, be upbeat and watch TOTV grow to where it is a dynamic community with-in our community.

Thanks in advance for you help. Please let us know by repsonding to this thread if you were able to help our.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Members and guests can be a big help to TOTV

Sadly, I mentioned this site to a friend of mine. She has heard of TOTV and thinks it is a Villages bashing site. I tried to tell her it wasn't but she didn't want to hear anything good about it. Wonder how many others have this impression of TOTV and why.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch
Sadly, I mentioned this site to a friend of mine. She has heard of TOTV and thinks it is a Villages bashing site. I tried to tell her it wasn't but she didn't want to hear anything good about it. Wonder how many others have this impression of TOTV and why.
Has she looked at it?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Sage

No, refuses to because of the gossip and rumors about it -- doesn't want to be labeled a Villages hater. It really is a shame but I'm not going to stop mentioning how helpful (and fun) your site has been to me. I'm just wondering where the negative rumors are coming from.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-09-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
Has she looked at it?
How in the world could anyone think that TOTV is a Villages bashing site? I do not live in The Villages but read this website consistently. I find it informative and exciting. Yes, there is some advice given out that some folks may not like to admit to, but, heck, nothing is perfect. The helpful advice is very much appreciated by residents and resident wanna-bes.

Unfortunately, like many things, people hear false information and don't take the time to check it out for themselves.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:59 PM

TOTV has been a life saver to me and I wish everyone would realize how much you can learn. As simple as it seems, through this site I learned there was a Macys at the Paddock Mall in Ocala (went yesterday), visited Homosassa Springs (it was great), bought a golf cart at Golf Cart Connection (love it) and have gained so much info about solar tubes, landscaping, screens, etc. I did realize I need to stay away from grand children and pet conversations, however even those are fun reads.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
???
Let me see now : 300,000 folks a month are reading here and 10-15 a day join?? We have over 3000 members, Just to bash TV??? I think not
So far approx. 65,000 folks decided to call TV home. If you show me any person that dislikes it here I'll pass the hat and pay the fare to send them back to "grouchland' where they belong
The contributors to this site, the Village Staff, and The Villages itself have a wonderfull thing going and no doomsayer is gonna spoil my fun and thats my final answer :#1:
Handie, said that :joke:
Old 11-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Sage

I agree wholeheartedly! This is a great site. Any negative comments about TV have been far outweighed by the pluses (and I do believe it is good to know things like the golf cart markup).

What concerns me is that rumors are being spread about this site. These rumors have to be pretty bad if someone like my friend won't even consider looking here for fear of being labeled some type of a bad seed. The next time I see her, I'm going to try to get some details about what she has heard and from whom. These rumors really need to be tracked down and stopped for the sake of all of us.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly! This is a great site. Any negative comments about TV have been far outweighed by the pluses (and I do believe it is good to know things like the golf cart markup).

What concerns me is that rumors are being spread about this site. These rumors have to be pretty bad if someone like my friend won't even consider looking here for fear of being labeled some type of a bad seed. The next time I see her, I'm going to try to get some details about what she has heard and from whom. These rumors really need to be tracked down and stopped for the sake of all of us.
Awwwwwww shucks Ms redwitch
Let it go and pass the cookies please ;D The rum ones I made for Santa, he loves em and gives me great gifts
Handie :joke:
Old 11-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Taltarzac

I e-mail a lot of people on occasion and will try to get some of them to look at TOTV. Not that many of these are looking to move from where they are and/or are nowhere near the age at which they would imagine retiring.

They should give TOTV a look see though.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.