Renting a golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2021, 10:25 AM
Default Phone Number for Mike's Carts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomptomp View Post
Mike’s carts. 352-751-6644. He is a villager and has a fleet of carts for rent.
I see him advertise every day by placing business cards on his windshield. He parks one of his carts near the bar located across from Starbucks at Lake Sumter Landing.
Just called this # for Mike's Carts and it is out of service. Any update?
Old 10-26-2021, 02:16 PM
Veteran member

As far as I can tell, there are no decent ones. We have tried several and the carts are always just kind of Junky. There are a bunch of people on here who know nothing, are not landlords, etc, that will give you lots of advice. You are taking a chance being a landlord, having a cart, or even providing Knives and pool noodles with your rental. The reality is that you can get a good umbrella liability policy that covers you for $2Million for about $14 a month. Yes, that doesn't cover the cart if it gets wrecked, but you have the security deposit and from my experience with Renters, most would demand to pay for any issue out of their pocket anyway.
You should also have a lawyer write up a release from Liability waiver renters sign with the lease that basically says they won't sue you, but the umbrella liability coverage is still the answer. Mine covers me for anything that happens.

You can rent Jan-April without a cart, but you won't be renting October or December much. Just sayin.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 10-27-2021, 08:22 AM

I had a bad experience with the "Buggy Rental" people. Cart was a piece of crap. I rented it for two days. Both days, my renter could not get it to go, then it would backfire and scare her. I finally traded carts with her and it was, indeed, a rattling POS. I told the owner when he picked it up and he said, BLAH BLAH BLAH about how it was just tuned up, nobody else every complained about it, BLAH BLAH. Never will rent from them again.
Old 10-27-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl08 View Post
I had a bad experience with the "Buggy Rental" people. Cart was a piece of crap. I rented it for two days. Both days, my renter could not get it to go, then it would backfire and scare her. I finally traded carts with her and it was, indeed, a rattling POS. I told the owner when he picked it up and he said, BLAH BLAH BLAH about how it was just tuned up, nobody else every complained about it, BLAH BLAH. Never will rent from them again.
Oh oh is that Village Buggy Rental? (Used to be Grandma and Grandpas) I just reserved a cart from them for Christmas. I hope that’s not the one your talking about.
Old 10-27-2021, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

We rented several times from "The Villages Golf Carts" with no problem (although, I did have to settle for a 4 seater once, but they only charged me for a 2 seater). But that was back in December 2020-February2021, when we first were renting/looking for a home...

Since we bought our home (Mid February), we've had ZERO luck reserving a cart, anywhere, on our 3 thrips down, even though it was "off season"...

I finally found a very nice used cart this past July... Even those are getting rare and what is available are getting very spendy...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, good, rental, experience, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.