Renting a golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2021, 08:33 AM
Veteran member
Default Renting a golf cart

To all,
Does anyone have experience with the golf carts that are rented from the various places in The Villages?
I have a new rental and am thinking instead of providing a golf cart, I would discount the rent and steer the renter towards a rental.
Some have told me the rentals are not very good, and are very slow. Want the renters to have a good experience.
Thoughts?
Old 10-21-2021, 09:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

If you read previous posts on this forum, you may change your mind. A major issue concerns insurance coverage for a rental cart.
Old 10-21-2021, 10:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
If you read previous posts on this forum, you may change your mind. A major issue concerns insurance coverage for a rental cart.
Actually my plan was to have the renter enter into the agreement with the golf cart provider.....eliminate me all together.
The basic question does a rental preform like a regular golf cart one would buy (minus all the add ons)
Old 10-21-2021, 11:08 AM

My experience: bought a cart I rented for a month (twice). Very happy, 2/3 cost of new. All options on it.
Old 10-21-2021, 12:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

We rented a cart for two months for three years when we rented 2012-2014. The cart we got from (JJ rentals?) was peppy, and troublefree. It was a four seater and we asked for it specifically the last two years. I understand that rental carts are harder to come by these days however. We twice rented carts short term from The Villages Golf Cart Store at Colony, and they went 16-18 mph tops. The home we rented was initially going to let us use his cart, but learned his insurance wouldn’t cover us, so he lowered the rent $400 per month to allow for the added cost of a rental cart.
Old 10-21-2021, 12:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
To all,
Does anyone have experience with the golf carts that are rented from the various places in The Villages?
I have a new rental and am thinking instead of providing a golf cart, I would discount the rent and steer the renter towards a rental.
Some have told me the rentals are not very good, and are very slow. Want the renters to have a good experience.
Thoughts?
We provide a cart with our rental. It's a nice one, good wheels, nice seats, good trim out and lights.

We insure the cart through Foremost.

The problem with rental carts is that they can be difficult for the renters to obtain.

If you don't already have a cart for your rental, good luck finding one right now, it's a tough market.
Old 10-22-2021, 05:51 AM
Smile

Quote:
To all,
Thoughts?
I have rented from The Villages Golf Cars in Brownwood and had a wonderful experience. The people were very friendly and helpful. They kindly taught me how to operate the golf car and I loved every minute of my rental. The golf car was a very basic model, but as a newbie, I didn’t mind at all.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:36 AM

Quote:
To all,
Thoughts?
I checked yesterday for a rental in Sumter, and they are so short on rentals, therefore, they are renting only on a daily basis. So it's near impossible to rent anything. If anyone know where to go to rent a 4 passenger cart for a couple of days in March of 2022, I would appreciate it.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:43 AM

Try Village Buggy Rentals, LLC - Luxury Gas Golf Cart Rentals! Available in 2, 4, & 6 Passengers. Reservations recommended. Call or Text for reservations. they may be able to help. Nice people and deliver and pick up the cart at your home.
Old 10-22-2021, 08:06 AM
Default Cart rental

Mike’s carts. 352-751-6644. He is a villager and has a fleet of carts for rent.
I see him advertise every day by placing business cards on his windshield. He parks one of his carts near the bar located across from Starbucks at Lake Sumter Landing.
Old 10-22-2021, 09:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
To all,
Thoughts?
I’ve always rented from TV when family comes to town. You can’t beat the rental price & never have to buy gasoline unless you rent it for a month or longer. Also what makes the difference if it’ll go from 0 to 60 in 3 sec. what’s the hurry, just leave earlier. Otherwise buy a new one for 12 to $18,000. No, if you want a temporary ride, there’s nothing wrong with renting, they’ll get you from point A to Point B, may not be like space travel but they’ll get you there!
Old 10-22-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
To all,
Thoughts?
We just had a bad experience with Crazy Gators cart rental. Rented a 4 seater for my daughter's family. 2 adults and 1 2yr old.
Everything about scheduling and delivery were fine. FYI: Only accepts cash.
Was looking for front facing 4 seater, but settled on rear facing back seat as they didn't have the front facing ones available. I was impressed as it was very nice.
After driving it for a day, we noticed the brakes were not good. Downhill to enter a tunnel and brake pedal to floor barely slowed it enough to make turn to enter. It also backfired very loudly every time we did stop.
Contacted owner who came next morning, he seemed irritated. Started off by telling me it cost him $1.80 a mile to get to my home and he was going to pull wheel off so WE could inspect brakes together and at the same time stated he doesn't rent "crap equipment ". He pulled to wheels off and they had a sealed brake system that told us absolutely nothing about the condition of the brakes. He told me and my daughter that we are not mechanics and the brakes are good, we just are expecting too much brake response for 3 people in the cart. He also said ALL carburetor cars backfire like that, which I know is not true.
After feeling belittled, scolded and lied to by the owner, we told him we would make do with my cart. He did give me a full cash refund and took his cart.

Full Service Golf Cart Shop - Florida
Old 10-22-2021, 12:35 PM

Top speed, regulated by law is 19.2 miles per hour. That is slow. I know of many people who fiddle with the governor to increase the speed. Bear in mind, if you do so you are risking heavy fines.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:38 PM

You should join the Facebook page Landlords of The Villages. You'll get savvy advice there.
Old 10-22-2021, 04:20 PM
Platinum member
Wink

Do not rent your home including golf cart.
BIG liability issue.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, good, rental, experience, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.