Renting from TV vs. private

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Default Renting from TV vs. private

We hope to come this summer and planned on the $100 a night offer from TV. However, since I see private homes so much cheaper, we wonder about that, and staying a bit longer. Two questions. If you rent from an individual in TV can you get priviledges? (Don't care about golf.)

Second, will anyone rent for a week or two in the summer?
Old 03-30-2012, 05:28 PM

Yes, if you rent from an individual you can get full resident's privileges- I believe its $50.00- some of the owners include it in the rental, others have you pay for it. If your rent thru The Villages you will not have much say as to what house you get. If you rent privately you'll know exactly what you're getting & where it is. Some owners will rent by the week. Check this site: thevillages4rent.com
Old 03-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Sent you a pm about your questions
Old 03-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Veteran member

I also sent you a pm about my rental. First of all, I could get you a guest pass enabling you to go to the pools or participate in activities in The Villages. This is free. If you don't care about golf, it makes no sense to pay the extra $50 especially for 1-2 weeks. You will find very reasonable rates in the summer with a private rental. Mine includes golf cart and internet and is very convenient, in Ashland Village., south of 466. My pm will give you a link for pictures. Hope you enjoy your visit!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:16 PM

Thanks for all the replies. While I was just asking about the priviledges at this point, several people have been kind enough to send info about their houses. So, I guess I should just go ahead and give you a few more details.

We are probably going to come sometime in June for two weeks. Two bedrooms are fine. Our ideal choice would have it's own pool. We'd also like a golf cart, wi-fi and the passes to use the facilities. Again, we don't play golf any more, unfortunately.

If you have a house like this, or close to it, we'd love to know about it. I've looked at the rental site. Something I've noticed there, and in looking at google.maps, not very many houses in TV villages seem to have pools. Must be because there are so many community ones, or are there other reasons.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Veteran member

When the village pools are so close, not too many opt to go to the expense of their own. There are 8 pools within 2 miles of our house. Riding the golf cart to any of them is pure joy.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:44 AM
Gold member
Default Lots of pools

Lots of houses have pools, but not too many rentals have pools, IMO. Just makes sense - pools are always a liability issue, and if you buy a home as a rental, or plan to rent it out for a while before you move, you probably aren't going to buy one with a pool, or put a pool in until after you move down.

There are some, though. Friends of mine in Piedmont have one. They needed to move back north temporarily for family illness reasons. I think they rent thru thevillages4rent.com, just search Piedmont designers.

However, if you are renting to get an idea of the Villages, you would be missing good opportunities to chat with people at the pools and learn a lot. I'd even go to several different pools if you are also considering buying new. Try the pools in the new sections. Everything here is only a golf cart ride away, and even when it's hot out, it's not that bad in a golf cart.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:56 PM
Platinum member

My home has a pool and spa and it is still available from June 10-24.

You can look at the property at vacationrentals.com. Enter property #80575.

If you are interested, send me a PM and I'll send you all the details. I am a 'snowbird' private owner, but have a property manager who takes care of all guest arrangements. This guarantees guests they will have someone there to take care of anything they might need.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:15 PM

Hey, thanks. that is a very nice looking home. I don't know how soon we will be able to decide, or if we can get flights that tight. But I certainly like the look of the house. How much would you want for that two week period? We would probably like the 4 seater golf cart you mentioned, although from looking at the map, the nearest square looks like it's a pretty long golf cart drive away. Is that true?
Old 03-31-2012, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

My onion take the lifestyle package .
We did the amount of incentives provided by the Villages almost made the cost a wash.They will not hit you with any high pressure sales pitch you'll be left on you own to do as you please. The only bad part is the golf cart their the slowest in the villages...Enjoy
Old 03-31-2012, 06:31 PM
Veteran member

I am renting this home for the month of October. It has a pool AND allows pets!

Home

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.