Friday's Music Festival at Savannah rec. ctr.

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Sage
Default Friday's Music Festival at Savannah rec. ctr.

Did anyone here go to it? As I understand it, it's a yearly festival.

I finally got to see it for the first time and I thought they were all very talented.

I just wondered why the lighting was so bad on the big stage. I think I might have seen Dr. Winston on the guitar playing with The Beatle Maniacs but I can't be sure because the lighting was so poor. Someone with a dark blue baseball cap and glasses had their face in a dark area of the stage.

The lighting has been that way forever it seems. When there's a paid performance the lighting is good. When it "free" it's poor. You can't see the faces clearly of those who are close to the front of the stage.

When I asked why, I was told that the lighting controls for stage lights are locked in a separate room and they don't have the key. When I inquired over a year ago I was told the same thing.

Someone is going to look into it now but I have my doubts that anything will be done about it. After all, the manager or supervisor is supposed to know everything about what's going on at this center and if it could have been fixed, I suppose it would have. Are they suddenly going to fix it because I brought it to their attention?

Why, I wonder, with all the money they spend on the maintenance of the Savannah Center can't they find a solution to this lighting issue?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.