Repeat Lifestyle Visits?

Old 03-07-2024, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsPete View Post
We had a pleasant Lifestyle Visit in mid-December (the weekend of the big rain.) Wife says, better check it out in summer, see if you like the heat. I called to request a Lifestyle Visit in July. I have read many accounts of people mentioning they had more than one visit. Schedulers told me, No no, it was a one-time opportunity . . . ?
There is no denying that, during the daytime, it can be hot and muggy in the Summer. That said, you quickly learn to adapt. Air conditioning is ubiquitous. My wife rarely leaves the house without a light jacket or sweater as the stores and restaurants are cold.

Lifestyle visit are great. We did two in 2021, one in the Winter and one in the Summer. However, when we decided to buy a house, we stayed at the Waterfront Inn. Our reasoning was two-fold. First, we didn't want to feel beholden to a Village's salesperson. Second, we wanted to be away from the villas across from Brownwood used for Lifestyle visits, which we felt was somewhat confining. We spent 2 or 3 days just driving around a large number of Villages to get a sense of what it would be like living in them, with an emphasis on having easy access to one of the town squares, stores, restaurants, doctors, banks etc. We quickly concluded that access to Rt.466 to the west of Monte Vista would be an excellent location as well as access to LSL.

We were very happy with the Waterfront. We could walk to Lake Sumter Landing. If we wanted a golf cart, we walked across the street and rented one for the day from The Villages garage. We used both a Village's salesperson and an independent realtor. We found that we wanted to live in the LSL area, found a nice house in the village of Winifred and then set out on the great adventure of remodeling it.

Any of the Villages of Polo Ridge, Tall Trees, Winifred, Bridgeport, Carolyn, Belvedere, and Virginia Trace would have met our requirements.
Old 03-07-2024, 10:57 AM
Default 2nd chance Lifestyles

Try to Use your spouse name and credit card. Their system may not “catch it”
FBI (ret), FBINAA, CERT
Old 03-07-2024, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsPete View Post
We had a pleasant Lifestyle Visit in mid-December (the weekend of the big rain.) Wife says, better check it out in summer, see if you like the heat. I called to request a Lifestyle Visit in July. I have read many accounts of people mentioning they had more than one visit. Schedulers told me, No no, it was a one-time opportunity . . . ?
We did two visits before we bought, but they were 18 months apart so that may make a difference.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:55 AM
Default Other good things about summer...

You should definitely rent a private home in an area you think you are interested in. I'm not sure where you are coming from, but aside from the heat, what you'll really be impressed by is the amount of rain, thunder and lightning. But those are good things, they cool things down. The other thing you'll enjoy in the summer is everything not being jam crammed full of people, and a lot less cars and carts in your way to your destinations.

Last edited by TomSpasm; 03-07-2024 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Had another thought to add
Old 03-07-2024, 04:08 PM

I just asked this question to a rep yesterday and was told the limit was three BUT, I would not call the Villages operator and demand another visit from them. I would go through my Villages Rep for the next lifestyle visit. Having said that I would consider renting a private home for a week-month instead of a second or third lifestyle visit. The summer is hot two or three months a year…..so what…..it’s cold 6 months in the north take your pick, LOL.

Last edited by CarlR33; 03-07-2024 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-07-2024, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonnyP View Post
The easy way to do it is to rent for a month or two from a landlord in an area that you like. I prefer Osceola Hills. The landlord will get you lifestyle passes and you can check it out all you want. The lifestyle visit you likely did was scheduled with the villages and I have no idea if they limit those.
Make the 2 months in the summer if you are going to be year around residents.
Old 03-08-2024, 12:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Make the 2 months in the summer if you are going to be year around residents.
Personally, I disagree with that advice. It would be like evaluating a place up north in the middle of winter when there's too much snow and too cold to go outside for very long. In the summer in TV you'll just end up inside in the A/C.

Honestly, it's much better for people to try it out in the good months like in the spring or fall where many people are doing more activities, socializing, they can gauge how busy things can get at the squares, restaurants and the traffic.

Tags
visit, lifestyle, mentioning, read, july

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.