HOUSING MARKET IN THE VILLAGES

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Default HOUSING MARKET IN THE VILLAGES

The Villages is making deals on NEW homes like never before. Closing costs are now $2000 instead of the $10-12000. In some cases they are including BONDS in the deal.

Average NEW PRICES
Ranch $170 K
Patio Villas $125 -$150K
Court Yard Villas $180 - $240K
Designer $300K

OVER 560 Preowned Homjes on the Market
Old 07-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Default Re: HOUSING MARKET IN THE VILLAGES

We just got a letter from TV letting us know of the many bargains. Because of the housing market throughout the rest of the country, TV has more homes built than they are selling. Wish we could get in on some of that!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 03:46 PM

Do you know, or have you been told, just how many NEW homes are for sale in TV?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:23 AM

Travel Master,
Thanks for the info. Where did you get the price data? On TV web site the lowest price for a new patio villa is $137k. I can't find one for $125K.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member

It is my understanding that closing costs, in many cases, are included in the price of the house . It is almost impossible to tell if someone who bought a Lantana for $320 if that is a better deal than if someone bought for $300 or $340.......without looking at what is included (upgrades, extensions etc) in the house itself. NOw I have heard the biggest markdown on "Premium" lots especially the super premium golf lots down from a $180K premium to $120K but the basic price of the house has stayed the same...was closing marked up into the price of the House ...few people can probably tell.

I think you are dealing with a great marketing machine where TV wants you to believe you are getting something for nothing but in fact you pay it through hidden costs..with the exception of Lot premiums which they really donot tell you about uintil you sign the papers or specifically ask about it.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

We knew exactly what we paid for our lot. We have an oversized corner lot...paid a premium...and we're glad we did. In hindsight, I sometimes regret not paying an even larger premium for a golf course lot which were widely available in our area. TV has these costs clearly broken out, and they made no intentional attempt to hide this data (at least in our case). Also, it would be difficult to hide in my opinion.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 07-24-2007, 05:36 PM

I asked that same question (because of the tornados) and the answer was that it had to be the exact same house you had before!!! Nothing different,
Old 07-25-2007, 03:46 PM

A little sales mouse told me... can't tell because they will surely be burned at the stake and then fired.

THank you all for you stories.. helps keep my customers informed.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:51 PM

RUMOR on new homes is about 1000.... but I hear they have not released some new neighborhoods yet to move the homes they have....
Old 07-26-2007, 01:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poromo
Travel Master,
Thanks for the info. Where did you get the price data? On TV web site the lowest price for a new patio villa is $137k. I can't find one for $125K.
Do you know how many sq feet the above patio villa is and how many bedrooms/bathrooms?
diskman
Wanabee future TVer
Old 09-03-2007, 07:45 PM

The Standard Patio Villa is 1180 Sqft and has 2 Bedrooms and 2 Baths. Just go to www.TheVillages.com and select Homes and then New Homes and browse the patio villas which will show the pictures, floorplan, etc.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Sage

Are the prices you are mentioning for new homes with bond included? Otherwise it can be deceiving!! > The Villages Rep was showing us homes for $180,000, but when I asked about closing costs, they mentioned (for the first time) that with bond and closing costs, the price would be $212,000.

We bought a resale with bond paid. Other houses on the same street still have a $7,000 bond unpaid. It can be a bit deceiving at first when comparing prices.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:16 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Are the prices you are mentioning for new homes with bond included? Otherwise it can be deceiving!! > The Villages Rep was showing us homes for $180,000, but when I asked about closing costs, they mentioned (for the first time) that with bond and closing costs, the price would be $212,000.

We bought a resale with bond paid. Other houses on the same street still have a $7,000 bond unpaid. It can be a bit deceiving at first when comparing prices.
Oh BTW I need another 32K to close the deal? WHAT? You weren't aware that the area had a bond? I know unless you're in the "Historical District" that bonds are common knowledge. Talk about a rude awakening. Geez

Steve
Old 09-04-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB
Oh BTW I need another 32K to close the deal? WHAT? You weren't aware that the area had a bond? I know unless you're in the "Historical District" that bonds are common knowledge. Talk about a rude awakening. Geez

Steve
You DO NOT have to pay the bond... Save your money and just pay the annual interest of 6% or so. A paid bond is a lot like swimming pool.. you do not get back what you paid. It does make a home more salable. EXAMPLE two homes in the same neighborhood same features etc.. Bond Paid vrs Non Paid price may be a few thousand better on the PAID..but it won't be $20K............................. PLUS the average person moves 3 times in The VIllages... Make sure you have found the last home and then you might consider paying off the bond. GOOD LUCK
Old 09-04-2007, 12:50 PM

LG.... GREAT IDEA. I WAS THINKING OF PAYING MINE OFF IMMEDIATELY AND NOW AFTER THINKING OF WHAT YOU SAID, NO WAY. I WILL WAIT A FEW YEARS THEN DECIDE.. THANKS ALOT KAR GUY

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.