Reset garage door opener

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Wink Reset garage door opener

I just fired my landscaper and he had access to my garage. I want to reset my garage door opener and I got it half right. I eliminated the original code and having trouble putting in the new 4 digit code. I have an MVP by ALLSTAR garage door opener and the instructions I am trying to follow are these.
Put paper clip into little hole at wall unit inside garage door by laundry room.
Then within 20 seconds go out to wall unit outside garage door and
HIT RESET
4 DIGIT CODE
* then 1
THEN REPEAT
As I said, I somehow eliminated my old code and now cannot put in new 4 digit code.
My friend seems to think that I must put in the 4 digit code on ceiling unit. however, I do not remember ever opening that enclosed unit to put in my birth date which was my original code.
Any help by someone smarter than me???
Please keep in mind that once I get the outside wall unit to work in conjunction with inside wall unit. I then want to get my hand held units to coincide.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
I just fired my landscaper and he had access to my garage. I want to reset my garage door opener and I got it half right. I eliminated the original code and having trouble putting in the new 4 digit code. I have an MVP by ALLSTAR garage door opener and the instructions I am trying to follow are these.
Put paper clip into little hole at wall unit inside garage door by laundry room.
Then within 20 seconds go out to wall unit outside garage door and
HIT RESET
4 DIGIT CODE
* then 1
THEN REPEAT
As I said, I somehow eliminated my old code and now cannot put in new 4 digit code.
My friend seems to think that I must put in the 4 digit code on ceiling unit. however, I do not remember ever opening that enclosed unit to put in my birth date which was my original code.
Any help by someone smarter than me???
Please keep in mind that once I get the outside wall unit to work in conjunction with inside wall unit. I then want to get my hand held units to coincide.

You have to set the code in the handheld transmitter(s) and then have the overhead unit learn the new code . It is a 9 digit code consisting of a series of 9 zeros, pluses, or minuses. Example: ++--00+-0
Each of the 3 buttons on the handhelds can have a different 9 digit code or no code at all if a button is not used.

A little confusing at first but not difficult. SEE Resetting the Transmitter Code ON PAGE 11 OF THE MANUAL AT THE LINK BELOW.

Get A Copy of The Manual in PDF file format at the link below.

See Page 11 and 12 of the manual for programming instructions.

You can record your new 9 digit code on the form on page 20 of the manual for safekeeping and to use in programming other transmitters.

ALLSTAR MVP OWNER'S MANUAL Pdf Download.

Programming an MVP Garage Door Opener | Home Guides | SF Gate

Garage Doors - Ro-Mac Lumber & Supply

Last edited by KeepingItReal; 09-30-2015 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:26 AM

Thanks for your help. Getting close to having it fixed. However, apparently the wires on the door sensors on each side....one set of wires where the red light on the door sensor is....got disconnected due to door going up and wires were the way. Pulled apart and what I have are
2 white wires
then I have 6 thin colored wires
beige, white,green, yellow,blue and blueish white
Not sure how they are supposed to be reconnected.
Connect both white wires to all of the 6 colored wires?
Old 10-01-2015, 08:51 AM

Remember that TV uses the same garage door openers and the instructions on how to reset the code are on the internet. If you are going away, unplug your motor or lock your garage.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Thanks for your help. Getting close to having it fixed. However, apparently the wires on the door sensors on each side....one set of wires where the red light on the door sensor is....got disconnected due to door going up and wires were the way. Pulled apart and what I have are
2 white wires
then I have 6 thin colored wires
beige, white,green, yellow,blue and blueish white
Not sure how they are supposed to be reconnected.
Connect both white wires to all of the 6 colored wires?

The wires from the sensors on each side of the garage door go to the back of the overhead unit so look at the back of it and see what color conductors they used for those wires going to the electric eyes on each side of the door. The conductors are all the same in the outer sheath of the wires , the colors just help you know which conductor is being used on one end so you can find it on the other end. I would not use but 2 conductors from each sensor to the overhead unit. There will be one additional wire terminated on the overhead unit which goes to the door control mounted on your garage wall. The 2 wires from the electric eyes or sensors use the same colors on both sides and terminate on the same screws on the back of the overhead unit.

Good luck...

Old 10-02-2015, 07:11 AM
Default fixed

I got it. I do not know how the wires disconnected. but I took the 2 white wires and then took only the 2 blue wires....one blue on each white twice
The rest are extras.
Wires at sensor by sides of door must have gotten ripped apart by being too close to the door. Had it explained to me to use one white to one blue two times.
the rest are extras.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I got it. I do not know how the wires disconnected. but I took the 2 white wires and then took only the 2 blue wires....one blue on each white twice
The rest are extras.
Wires at sensor by sides of door must have gotten ripped apart by being too close to the door. Had it explained to me to use one white to one blue two times.
the rest are extras.

Tags
code, garage, digit, unit, put, door, reset, opener, original, eliminated, wall, friend, hit, repeat, remember, opening, birth, enclosed, smarter, ceiling, date, hole, half, trouble, putting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.